• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus V3

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
The PPF V3 dial is insane!!! Wow. Amazing how it changes color depending on lighting and has a very subtle sunburst. Exactly like the gen. I'm so amazed by this. Also the watch is so thin and elegant, even if it's a sportswatch. That's Nautilus design is totally in it's own league.

It's a beautiful watch and dial color is really amazing. I am ordering this watch just confused between 3K vs PPFv3 but I am leaning towards PPFv3. Does protruding crown bothers you in wrist, it doesn't look bad in the photos. What are you thoughts?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It's a beautiful watch and dial color is really amazing. I am ordering this watch just confused between 3K vs PPFv3 but I am leaning towards PPFv3. Does protruding crown bothers you in wrist, it doesn't look bad in the photos. What are you thoughts?

Off course it’s there but it’s very little. There is also some protrusion on the gen. it’s not like it’s flat. I haven’t seen the 3K irl but the ppf to me looks better at the moment other than the movement.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
If the protruding crown really bothers you I think there is a way to mod it. But yeah for now the PPF V3 blue dial is the best blue dial 5711 ootb.

Reactions: shaw

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Any crown mod tutorial available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let a watchmaker cut the stem by the amount of removed material on the crown.

A skilled watchmaker would put the crown into a lathe and remove 0.5mm or so (dont quote me on that) from the tube side. Then polish it.

there were also ways of cutting the space between the crown guards but as you can imagine it is more complicated.

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
Off course it’s there but it’s very little. There is also some protrusion on the gen. it’s not like it’s flat. I haven’t seen the 3K irl but the ppf to me looks better at the moment other than the movement.

Yes, I think PPF is better as compared to 3k because it has bigger end link which in my opinion breaks the symmetry of the bracelet.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
My 2 Hibryd:) crown on PF is perfect.

Oh my oh my oh my !!!! This is mouth watering !!! I will have to buy a PF to put my PPF v3 dial and hands into (!)

Thanks buddy for the pictures. Yes, absolutely the crown is better. Much more gen like. This you can't see it's a rep.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Oh my oh my oh my !!!! This is mouth watering !!! I will have to buy a PF to put my PPF v3 dial and hands into (!)

Thanks buddy for the pictures. Yes, absolutely the crown is better. Much more gen like. This you can't see it's a rep.

with PF base you also solve the bezel problem, PPF bezel it is too fat. In addition, the PF bracelet I find that it is much more solid and gen like.
Remember to install Keylog DW!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
with PF base you also solve the bezel problem, PPF bezel it is too fat. In addition, the PF bracelet I find that it is much more solid and gen like.
Remember to install Keylog DW!

I actually already have the Keylog DWO installed :) So i would only need to shift movement/dial/hands into the PF.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
No. Movement you can't change, you have to use PF movement on case PF

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Hmm okay. I already got the DWO installed in the PPF. Maybe they can't shift it over to the PF then.

That's weird. They both use the miyota 9015 movement which should fit both PPF and PF cases.

The PPF V3 movement bridge is better, so if you keep the PF movement in the PF case you can swap the PPF and PF bridges.

How does your dwo get installed? I think my watchmaker simply pasted the keylog dwo on, so mine can probably be removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057