• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Hi Guys, did someone of you tried to change the datawheel of the 3K Aquanaut? If yes, could you suggest me a datawheel in order to fix the flaw of the 3K?
many thanks!

Yes, change it to a gen dw. Will fit perfectly.
I have one more gen dw available.

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Picked up a cheap Aquanaut...from the Gate. Can’t believe how comfortable and how well it feels on the wrist. Probably one of the best form factors I’ve ever tried. Probably will upgrade to this version soon...glad I took a plunge.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
How many of you have had issues with the 3K 5167?
Just received one from a customer and was a bit surprised to see the spring bars came off from one side. Didn't look at it further untill today,
rotor bearing had disintegrated and all the tiny parts were flying around in there, aswell as a screw from the deco plate....
Doesn't say much for quality so far...

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Here are some pics

6b2b2ca4bb4cd7fb20e3b13950007bba.jpg

3d9d1a74d8a72cfce5cf2fea3a50a134.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Rel

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Here are some pics

6b2b2ca4bb4cd7fb20e3b13950007bba.jpg

3d9d1a74d8a72cfce5cf2fea3a50a134.jpg

jcguo0516

4/12/18
is that a finger print on the rotor? was that there when you took it off??? wtf

FRNOOB

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/19
Incroyable, je vais regarder pour en commander une.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
is that a finger print on the rotor? was that there when you took it off??? wtf

Full disclosure: that is mine, took my finger cots off and put everything together for the picture.

jaywatchman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/20
I know ZF and 3KF are more or less the big players on the aquanaut rep scene.
Visually, with the strap quality and date font etc I feel ZF just edges 3K, however ...

I'm a big lover of movements, and 3K more or less provides. Reliability still seems iffy, and likewise laser printing is cheap looking.
But the ability of 3K to produce a clone movement of a PP is staggering to me and it's winning me over.

Does anyone here have any guesses when 3K may release a v2? With engraving on the movement? Better reliability?
In my eyes that could push this rep to being one of the all time bests

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Visually, with the strap quality and date font etc I feel ZF just edges 3K, however ...

I'm a big lover of movements, and 3K more or less provides. Reliability still seems iffy, and likewise laser printing is cheap looking.
But the ability of 3K to produce a clone movement of a PP is staggering to me and it's winning me over.

Does anyone here have any guesses when 3K may release a v2? With engraving on the movement? Better reliability?

It will come when sales slow down. I’m the meantime, just slap on a gen strap, and you got yourself a really nice rep. (And a ZF clasp, if you get the chance)

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
Hi together, I am newly looking for a 5167 RG. I have noticed 3KF is the way to go. I couldnt really notice differences between ZF and PF. But I didnt dig deep. Can anyone recommend a version?

@jaywatchman: you mentioned reliability. Whats happening. Does the movement stop?

Kmmas

7/4/15

3k v2 still not out?