• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Titaniumpen

Horology Curious
31/3/20
Does anyone have a exact measure of the thickness of the watch? Such as a in hand measure? I’ve seen some QC pics stating it as 9mm or 8.8mm and around those figures which doesn’t align with the original factory pictures from this thread

Reactions: Rel

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Does anyone have a exact measure of the thickness of the watch? Such as a in hand measure? I’ve seen some QC pics stating it as 9mm or 8.8mm and around those figures which doesn’t align with the original factory pictures from this thread

Yes mines 8.4mm.

Reactions: Rel and Titaniumpen

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Ah thank you! So not far off gen then! Do you have any pictures at all? I wonder what the reason for all this variation is ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Variation in thickness like 8.4mm instead of 8.7mm or so for example ?

Two reasons : measurements accuracy (you can easily squeeze 1mm or more with a vernier caliper, not necessarily because of the operator but also the tool itself, ) ; machining tolerances, even the gen suffer the same variations, but they don't care lol, only us rep guys are obsessed with such details

Titaniumpen

Horology Curious
31/3/20
Variation in thickness like 8.4mm instead of 8.7mm or so for example ?

Two reasons : measurements accuracy (you can easily squeeze 1mm or more with a vernier caliper, not necessarily because of the operator but also the tool itself, ) ; machining tolerances, even the gen suffer the same variations, but they don't care lol, only us rep guys are obsessed with such details

Ahhh you a gentleman and scholar, I wouldn’t have considered the equipment being the issue.

We do seem to care more about that level of “perfection” don’t we!

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I decided to order the ss but with a rubber bracelet. Eventually i'd like to get a green rubber one on it as I think the green/black combo looks great. Anyways here are my QC backs from Andrew. Currently awaiting shipment. A few of the QC pics.

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
Can you tell the price of the rubberstrap? Got gen one but need the clasp.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
How bracelet close to this genuine https://www.chrono24.com/patekphilippe/braceletstrap-aquanaut-bracelet-5167--id9985312.htm

Well, the price difference should tell you something :D:D I think the gen is overpriced but having compared a gen Nautilus bracelet with PF Rep - the gen has no sharp edges (chamfering is amazing), midlink mirror like polish is superior, bracelet is buttery smooth when it folds/adjusts to the contour of wrist and finally the clasp logo finish is top notch and fold/unfold is effortless.

seba0112

24/3/18
EU
I am looking for the 3KF 1.1 DW shots? Can someone help me? :)

Last edited:

ethanbna

Looking Around
13/6/20
does anyone know if its possible to buy a ZF 5167 brown rubber strap? I ACCIDENTALLY CUT MINE TOO SHORT!!
also what is the difference between C09 and C10?

NPLake

Horology Curious
5/1/20
Hi Guys, did someone of you tried to change the datawheel of the 3K Aquanaut? If yes, could you suggest me a datawheel in order to fix the flaw of the 3K?
many thanks!