• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Printed movement bothers me, think I'll hold fire and see if they engrave it

I am gonna do the same. For me right now my 5711 is gonna be a PF case modded with PPF dial and hands. If this movement finally get engraved Imma switch that into the PF case to see if its possible.

Reactions: gilrob

c2ute

3/5/11
I finally got my 3k 5167, i have to say this is a great rep!

however, i do have few questions about this particular rep, hopefully someone can help me answer my questions.

1. the rotor is very loud. is the normal? compare to my XF 15202, this is day and night difference between the the two, is there anything i can do to minimize the noise of the rotor?

2. there's a hairline scratch on the bezel of the watch, i'm not sure if it was there directly from the TD since i didn't notice it till the morning after, is there anything i can do to help 'buff' it out?

3. what would you consider is the biggest tell of this rep?

thank you!!

Reactions: Rel

anorphirith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/09
thank you!!

I'm not an expert at all but I'd say the logo/ finish of the rotor, the movement finish (no chamfering) and the printed lettering.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I finally got my 3k 5167, i have to say this is a great rep!

however, i do have few questions about this particular rep, hopefully someone can help me answer my questions.

1. the rotor is very loud. is the normal? compare to my XF 15202, this is day and night difference between the the two, is there anything i can do to minimize the noise of the rotor?

2. there's a hairline scratch on the bezel of the watch, i'm not sure if it was there directly from the TD since i didn't notice it till the morning after, is there anything i can do to help 'buff' it out?

thank you!!

Small effort ,this clone will be great same 8500 VSF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the information on this thread, it really breaks it down well. I've been rocking a submariner as my daily beater that I picked up from BK 4-5 years ago. I've been debating been getting a Aquanaunt from 3k or a noob daytona for a few months now. I've decided to go with the Aquanaunt as I like the idea of the rubber bracelet and i feel like it goes better with more casual outfits but still looks exceptional with more more dressy outfits. I went with the rubber bracelet from the 3k factory but may look to purchase the SS bracelet separately down the road.

I realize the green rubber bracelet is no longer sold separately on the PP website. Does anyone know of good source to get the green rubber bracelet? I see some online at various websites but I have no idea how the quality is going to compare to the black one that comes out of the box. I love the look of that olive green bracelet with the black dial, it looks great.

Thanks in advance for any information about the green bracelet.

flextime

22/3/20
All the other SS models seem to have Gold engravings on the lug backs.

Hello. Noob here.

First of all. Thank you for all the insightful comments here. I have learned a lot about the 3K aquanaut and reps in general.

I have a question about the gold engravings. In the photos on the gen site, there are engravings on the lug that seems to match this rep. What am I missing?

https://static.patek.com/images/articles/gallery/2200/5167A_001_2.jpg

Last edited:

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Hello. Noob here.

First of all. Thank you for all the insightful comments here. I have learned a lot about the 3K aquanaut and reps in general.

I have a question about the gold engravings. In the photos on the gen site, there are engravings on the lug that seems to match this rep. What am I missing?

https://static.patek.com/images/articles/gallery/2200/5167A_001_2.jpg

The photo of the gen you are looking at must be White gold not SS

SS Will not have gold hallmarks

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
The image is off the SS version. Maybe PP put up the wrong image on their site?

https://www.patek.com/en/collection/aquanaut/5167A-001

Yes PP put photos of the WG .

SS will not have those markings , aside from anything else it would be illegal to put gold hallmarks on SS.

Most major watch manufacturer photos are composite photoshop photos anyway and produced by multi layering.

There is more honesty in the rep world than the gen world

Last edited:

flextime

22/3/20
Yes PP put photos of the WG .

SS will not have those markings , aside from anything else it would be illegal to put gold hallmarks on SS.

Most major watch manufacturer photos are composite photoshop photos anyway and produced by multi layering.

There is more honesty in the rep world than the gen world

Thanks Tim. Your knowledge, insight, and promptness is superb.

Reactions: Rel and BlackJaguar

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I didn't want to start a new thread since it's relating to Aquanauts in general. Does anyone know the difference between a C10 vs C09 rubber straps?

Reactions: Rel and Lariram

Tornado33

4/3/20
Anyone ordered the brown strap/rose gold version? Any comments? Looks good in the pictures.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I would really like to buy the RG too. Anyone can help us?

I just ordered the 2 versions from Li, SS and RG ... as soon as they arrive I will be able to tell you something

Reactions: Tornado33