• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Seems the printing on this dial is out of registration, if you look at the 29 and 31 second markers in relation to the vertical globe lines (and the 55 and 5 markers in relation to the case angles)
Hopefully the quality improves on the next one. The application of the lume hour markers to the dial is not too good either, if you look at the inconsistent gaps to the edge of the glass.

This should not be $588 for this quality when you compare this to other watches offered by other factory's (VSF 300m, JF and GF etc.)

Reactions: gilrob

Siukai0614

Horology Curious
29/5/19
Well like i said experts is everywhere in RWI , I’m surprised by the fact the whole dial seems is not centred and you guys really have sharp eyes !

for the Lume Color difference I think it will be a common application for all watches from 3KF , I tried to search another few updated picture from RWI , our TD and it seems the difference is there. Maybe we can have our modder to re-lume it ?

I haven’t receive any reply from Andrew / 3KF yet but once I have it I will definitely share to you guys.

Matteosant

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/2/20
I find the alignment problem also on some gen dial... this is probably the best Patek rep on the market..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Hope maker back to work with new stock..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tfury88

Looking Around
18/2/20
Printed movement bothers me, think I'll hold fire and see if they engrave it

ArcAngelRay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/18
Asia
Hello homies just wanna share some updates -

I already received the QC Pics from Andrew yesterday ( Again I place the order on 16 Jan ) and finally I can get to see more details from the picture -

Overall the movement and the dial looks BEAUTIFUL and I can't wait to bring this beautiful watch out !

I have found some problems on the QC Pics :

1. "Patek Philippe" Font on dial is not centered ( I have looked the picture shared by jvevermind and it seems he's having the same problem but its not as obvious as this one , Appreciate if he can confirm with us again , question here is whether this will be a common issue from 3KF factory )

2. "Patek Philippe" Printing on the movement the "T" is faded ( Again it seems jvevermind 's picture looks fine as well )

qVCc3.jpg
qVTis.jpg
qVXCY.jpg

Maybe we can wait for more QC Pics upload to here and see the consistency of 3KF's work and even a in depth review from all experts here in RWI !;)for my case I already feedback to Andrew and need to see how's the response from the factory side.

Ps: Shout out to Andrew cuz he literally replied me 10 mins later after I spotted the movement problem!

Again wish you guys can receive your perfect timepiece soon!:p:p

End of the day every factories still have its pros and cons in every piece (don't seem to have a "perfect" model) and guess only hybrid build is the way to go in achieving the closest to the gen?

c2ute

3/5/11
Odd, I’m seeing this watch being offered in black dial and grey dial, which one is the better option? I don’t even see the grey dial being offered by OEM

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
I just got my qc on the brown dial from puretime. ????????

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Movement look just first try and unfinished, absolutely next version different engraving and more close positions to genuine 95% Genlike..

Siukai0614

Horology Curious
29/5/19
Well guys I just received another set of QC pics from Andrew and as promised I have attach the photos here
please feel free to make comments and hopefully will help others who's thinking to get this piece from 3KF :

IMO I can accept this quality level and to me the dial and printing issue has already resolved . For Lume yes the colour is still different but it seems its just how 3KF going to do it with this batch .
Not sure if its acceptable for other members here but please enjoy !

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Well guys I just received another set of QC pics from Andrew and as promised I have attach the photos here
please feel free to make comments and hopefully will help others who's thinking to get this piece from 3KF :

IMO I can accept this quality level and to me the dial and printing issue has already resolved . For Lume yes the colour is still different but it seems its just how 3KF going to do it with this batch .
Are the texts engraved or printed on the movement pls?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

Has the dial been fixed? I don't think logo is even centered

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I have received my QC pics from Andrew (Trusty) and will write a full review with photos when I receive the watch .

I am already happy I ordered the steel bracelet model as the case engraving is correct only on this model. I will however ditch the bracelet and put it on rubber .

All the other SS models seem to have Gold engravings on the lug backs. This is an absolute deal breaker for me . I don't want Gold marks on something which clearly weighs about half what gold would weigh !

I also think it is complete stupidity that these engravings are present, and I don't buy into stupidity.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
They have Gen sample ss with RG stamps in back !!
I think it’s marketing game!

Reactions: Rel

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.

Thanks for sharing these QC pics! The new 324SC is looking quite impressive so far, its just a shame that its not properly engraved like gen.. Its seems with these factories its always one step forward and 3 steps back. I'm very interested to see how it performs and holds up. Hopefully it proves reliable!

Looking at the pics in detail... It seems 3k missed the mark on the dial print a bit. It looks a bit too chunky, and a bit off centre. Printing from ZF and KMF are both a lot sharper in my opinion.

Also, still not clear if there is some variation in gen, but from what I've seen the genuine 5167 in steel does not have any stamps on the inside of the lugs. Not sure why 3K decided to add this detail.

I also am not sure whats going on with the rubber strap in these pics, it looks awful. Not sure if just dirty or just incredibly low quality rubber...

Overall still a fantastic effort from a new player in the game - the dial color is easily the best available, and the movement is very impressive so far. Really hoping an engraved version doesnt take too long

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Looks great ! Definitely need to accept that !