• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Yeah the gen is slow roll, starts around 11.45 from what I’ve managed to find. This clone starts at 11 from what others have said.

Where the date change actually starts and finishes is only a question hand position and can be very easily adjusted. The main point is the duration of the change.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Where the date change actually starts and finishes is only a question hand position and can be very easily adjusted. The main point is the duration of the change.

I was meaning duration and assuming the hands were set at 12am date change.

Sorry, I should have worded my meaning a bit better. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: timnic54

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I was meaning duration and assuming the hands were set at 12am date change.

Sorry, I should have worded my meaning a bit better. :)

Yes it will be interesting to note the duration. I am drawn to the idea that this may be a true clone. The 324sc is not a complex movement by any stretch . However the likelyhood is that ecconomics dictate the use of some existing OTS parts where possible.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Yes it will be interesting to note the duration. I am drawn to the idea that this may be a true clone. The 324sc is not a complex movement by any stretch . However the likelyhood is that ecconomics dictate the use of some existing OTS parts where possible.

I hope it is, but the barrel looks to be smaller than the genuine 324 which would surely mean non genuine spec sizes on the going train. Dial side cover plate above the setting wheel is slightly different shape. Setting wheel looks to be a different design from what I can see. There are also a few pivots that should be jewelled but are bushed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lariram

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Interesting reminder of how a cloned movement could easily become more reliable than the original. Regarding Patek, this really wouldn't be too difficult. Don't want to sound like an iconoclast but PP don't have the best reliability record and like many makers , rest on their laurels.

Can agree to that. My friend has a 5146, with a movement problem. It's out of warranty and will cost him 4100usd to repair. Hasn't dropped it or anything.

Reactions: Lariram

Eseips

5/4/16
Engrave - Engrave

https://ibb.co/RvPrMh2

in this picture from trustrytime the beveled edges look.... unrefined and not really polished. could someone who has it already please make some good pictures or a video of the finish so it is easier to judge from it? would love to have a closer look.

Then again, is it possible to re-finish the movement bridges and re-plate them with platinum while having the rubies still mounted? no expert on this but it might be a somewhat possible task to do so....

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
in this picture from trustrytime the beveled edges look.... unrefined and not really polished. could someone who has it already please make some good pictures or a video of the finish so it is easier to judge from it? would love to have a closer look.

Then again, is it possible to re-finish the movement bridges and re-plate them with platinum while having the rubies still mounted? no expert on this but it might be a somewhat possible task to do so....

It’s a $600 rep, it’s not going to be any where near close to Patek finishing. Chamfering is an art form and incredibly difficult to do. Unless you have years of experience in movement finishing I’d leave it well alone. It will look worse than it is now.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jvevermind

6/3/17

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_NOPmrzqYUiZm07wSQi8Nlsu0eiKLM1/view?usp=drivesdk
You are welcome :)

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Airbusguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/16
Never been a bit g fan of patek because of lack of a good clone movement..but now Im even considering selling my ARF sub to make funds for this purchase... does anybody know if they plan to release a version with engravings ?

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Never been a bit g fan of patek because of lack of a good clone movement..but now Im even considering selling my ARF sub to make funds for this purchase... does anybody know if they plan to release a version with engravings ?

I believe maybe not so soon. The factory might release 5711 and other models with this movement first.

anorphirith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/09
I just ordered one, I'm a bit disappointed when I realized I got charged another 50$ transaction fee. anyway this will be my first high level replica, I don't really care about the printing on the movement. looking forward to having it on my wrist. I always loved the aquanaut's design. if anyone gets a gold model I'd love to heard about the scratch resistance and color.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
3k chose wrong time , I hate u corona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR8R

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
3k chose wrong time , I hate u corona.

Same here, worst timing ever!!! Even worse is my TD got a watch before CNY but it had a movement power issue so they rejected it... I was so close!!!

DC

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Same here, worst timing ever!!! Even worse is my TD got a watch before CNY but it had a movement power issue so they rejected it... I was so close!!!

DC

I don’t think can catch anything from China, 13 rep I’m very boring, 4 super Reps on my buying list .