• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Cheeps JvanniMan123 Guys bringing you Rolex b.llshit drama in the Patek section is a BIG NO NO !

a) rude
b) it’s about comparing the costs of clone movements and functionalities of those and which watch would be better to compare than one of the most popular clone movements?

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
a) rude
b) it’s about comparing the costs of clone movements and functionalities of those and which watch would be better to compare than one of the most popular clone movements?

c) added to my ignore list

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I can't seem to find anyone commented about the datewheel yet (sorry I tried a few pages via tapa) the font size and bold looks slightly off compared to gen, same situation as the current versions we have. Looks like a datewheel overlay needs to be done to take version to another level.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I can't seem to find anyone commented about the datewheel yet (sorry I tried a few pages via tapa) the font size and bold looks slightly off compared to gen, same situation as the current versions we have. Looks like a datewheel overlay needs to be done to take version to another level.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comments concerning the date wheel of this new movement can be found in the PP 324SC Super Clone thread.

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
So reading this I am confused if this is out yet? Maybe TD's can get it, but no one has it on the site?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1903 met Tapatalk

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
So reading this I am confused if this is out yet? Maybe TD's can get it, but no one has it on the site?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1903 met Tapatalk

I’ve had QC pics for one, i rejected it, it looked like a prototype, the movement didn’t have any printing on and it had 18k gold hallmarks.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
Do you think it is worth spending 200$ more on a 5167 compared to ZF?
....the movement is a clone ok, but it's no way near in finish to a gen Patek, therefore an immediate tell if you flip the watch over, which is the weakest point of every rep Aquanaut...same as it is with the ZF and its Miyota.

The wrong long line at 5 has been fixed, but I don't see any difference to a ZF case. If the movement would have been finished better, especially at the border...it could be worth the expense...but not in this case. as far as I can see, it looks very similar to a ZF...I don't know....

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Do you think it is worth spending 200$ more on a 5167 compared to ZF?
....the movement is a clone ok, but it's no way near in finish to a gen Patek, therefore an immediate tell if you flip the watch over, which is the weakest point of every rep Aquanaut...same as it is with the ZF and its Miyota.

The wrong long line at 5 has been fixed, but I don't see any difference to a ZF case. If the movement would have been finished better, especially at the border...it could be worth the expense...but not in this case. as far as I can see, it looks very similar to a ZF...I don't know....

Some valid points although case thickness is better with this new factory, for I would love to see real life pics from one of our members :)

but overall i am very enthusiastic about this release, again to me this is a vastly superior product then zf...

now vastly = $200 ? that would need real life confirmation

but I am ready to spend some of my hard earned money on those

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Waiting this clone with ZF PPS very hard :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reklamezonen

30/7/13
RG model looks much better than ZF. the dial looks a little darker like Gen and the strap too. what i am excited about is if the numbers are more white, for they are way too green in daylight on zf.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Printing on movement aside, a clone is a clone! A true replication of the whole watch, it’s pretty exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ywg