• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I agree with you on the leather travel pouch (will it actually be leather?), its a lot better than that cardboard package that came with some PP reps.

If they repped it correctly, and not if they took the standard Aliexpress one and just put the Patek logo on it. Not like it's a bad one, but what I like about the PP one is the fact that it open up completely and that the cushion is secured on the side with pressure buttons

Tin

29/4/17
If they repped it correctly, and not if they took the standard Aliexpress one and just put the Patek logo on it. Not like it's a bad one, but what I like about the PP one is the fact that it open up completely and that the cushion is secured on the side with pressure buttons

I have the gen leather travel pouch and it is very very nice.. my favourite travel pouch for watches actually

Reactions: Glaude

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Just placed an order. I can’t wait for this to arrive!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Thanks! I've checked with my modder and he said in general it's not recommended to turn the time back on the gen so yea.. I will definitely avoid doing that from now on.. Thanks again :)

First, this is interesting and should be noted

Second, the dial looks shaky at best. I need to see undoctored photos of particularly the 'matte sunburst' effect that the gen dial has. Seeing LuminorReptar 's photos that show the major differences between ZF, KMF and the gen dial, I need to see this.

I am going to hold off on order (as much as I want to), because I do not want a printed movement. However, the bracelet makes this quite tempting, I've always wanted to try the look.

Last edited:

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
I have the gen leather travel pouch and it is very very nice.. my favourite travel pouch for watches actually

Same here! Mine has 3x slots for watches and a 4th for cufflinks... or an interchangeable cushion for a 4th watch.

The quality of leather is incredible. I'd love to compare the rep version, if its any good I'd keep one for single watch travel.. !

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I am going to hold off on order (as much as I want to), because I do not want a printed movement. However, the bracelet makes this quite tempting, I've always wanted to try the look.

I agree with your decision on holding off you order because of the printed movement. The printed movement looks cheap and unrefined compared to the gen-like engraved movement.

The steel bracelet has not been available for awhile. Perhaps ordering the steel bracelet version with an extra rubber strap for changing the look would be the way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Accuphase

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/18
Just got my ZF 5167a, should I get the 3K 5167 as well or just wait for the 5711?

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
Wow these reps are getting better and better every year! Can’t wait for 2020 although I suspect it’s going to be an expensive one!

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Same here! Mine has 3x slots for watches and a 4th for cufflinks... or an interchangeable cushion for a 4th watch.

The quality of leather is incredible. I'd love to compare the rep version, if its any good I'd keep one for single watch travel.. !

Looks really nice! How much is one of these?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
How do these wear? Similar to Piaget Polo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
This looks really promising. I’ve never fancied the bracelet, but I might have to give it a try

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Looks really nice! How much is one of these?

Thanks man... haha.. They are excessively expensive. You'd be hard-pressed to find one in the first place, they're incredibly rare since they're typically only offered as "gifts" from a Patek Philippe AD. To my knowledge they ran out of these..

The majority of the ones in circulation are for a single-watch. You really don't see many of the 2-watch / 4-watch travel cases..

Selling price roughly $800 ~ $1000 or so.

Reactions: vcappp

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
Thanks man... haha.. They are excessively expensive. You'd be hard-pressed to find one in the first place, they're incredibly rare since they're typically only offered as "gifts" from a Patek Philippe AD. To my knowledge they ran out of these..

The majority of the ones in circulation are for a single-watch. You really don't see many of the 2-watch / 4-watch travel cases..

Selling price roughly $800 ~ $1000 or so.

Thanks! Haha, yeah that is a bit too steep :p