• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Do you think it is worth spending 200$ more on a 5167 compared to ZF?
....the movement is a clone ok, but it's no way near in finish to a gen Patek, therefore an immediate tell if you flip the watch over, which is the weakest point of every rep Aquanaut...same as it is with the ZF and its Miyota.

The wrong long line at 5 has been fixed, but I don't see any difference to a ZF case. If the movement would have been finished better, especially at the border...it could be worth the expense...but not in this case. as far as I can see, it looks very similar to a ZF...I don't know....

Need to see the dial in real light to judge it's colour and the sunburst. ZF sunburst is way too strong.

Also looking to see the crystal's border which is too white on the ZF. This one seems more transparent which would be nice

Reactions: vcappp and phdsjain

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Guys have you thought about if the motor somehow touches the movement when spinner, all these printed “engravings” will look like sh*t?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Guys have you thought about if the motor somehow touches the movement when spinner, all these printed “engravings” will look like sh*t?..

the scratched print is the least of my concern now. I'm trying to figure where they put the gas?

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
the scratched print is the least of my concern now. I'm trying to figure where they put the gas?

0d6c369a4ab2a79a29fbe83473ca0d7d.jpg

So this is OK to you?...

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
Love this watch, just wish they put this much effort into a speedy pro moon watch.. wishing it’ll make it to the rep makers soon.

Reactions: nocarrir

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
So this is OK to you?...

it was a joke ???? you said motor instead of rotor.

scratched print not acceptable. either loose bearing or too much sloppiness in the rotor mechanism.

i would wait for a engraved movement

Reactions: Rel and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
superyl wow where did you get the photo of a scratched printing? thanks for sharing the information.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
it was a joke ???? you said motor instead of rotor.

scratched print not acceptable. either loose bearing or too much sloppiness in the rotor mechanism.

i would wait for a engraved movement

Ohhh sorry it must be a typo and auto corrected by my dear iPhone

BIONONE

28/4/17
From a trusted friend/dealer who refuses to sell this watch to me:)

Honorable attitude of your friend not to push mediocre quality!

Thanks for the insight.

Not to forget the hallmarks that are apparent again like on some other QC pictures of sloppy finished pre released watches...

Hopefully they won‘t rush this release because of the strong competition in the PP rep section by ZF, PPF or even smaller factories that popped up with some models besides the mainstream recently.

Reactions: superyl and stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I’d rather a sterile movement than that crap printing. Engraving all the way!

Reactions: Rel

BIONONE

28/4/17
puretime must have some balls to upload such a piece...

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I think that watch is the ‘display model’ so to speak. Not surprised it looks like like after watching that Youku video with the man/butcherer attacking the movement with his bare fingers and a screwdriver.

Reactions: BIONONE and XLR8R

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Of course it is the factories fault but it is puretime that uploads the pictures...

I know that but what they can do if paint flakes that easily maybe that was the best one they had.

JvanniMan123

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
19/2/19
As I said before. Confirmed pricing of 618 USD$ a bit steep, I would suggest asking TDs for a discount if you have a good relationship with them. (I was able to bargain 5% ) only problem is getting stock seems hard as my TD is still not able to have one in stock.