• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP 324SC Super Clone

LowKeyNovice

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/20
After a long drought, some QC pics are starting to trickle back in for the 3KF with comments like "V1.1", "better date font", "gold markings gone". Can we expect this to be the new standard, with no new updates for a while?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
And in response repworld will start posting cartoon animal gifs again :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double protection = fake baby
98176df10b2f5de0106a2252c9284890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
After a long drought, some QC pics are starting to trickle back in for the 3KF with comments like "V1.1", "better date font", "gold markings gone". Can we expect this to be the new standard, with no new updates for a while?

Hold on, let me get my crystal ball....

Reactions: phdsjain

cuddilyteddy

4/5/13
Modules are going to be difficult and expensive so probably won't come since the main money maker is already done. 3KF won't be allowing other factories from sourcing this movement unless they can sell the movements to them for a commensurately high profit as they would anticipate in loss of market share. They're probably working on getting the 324SC onto other Patek models using the exact three hand date/no date configuration.

Yeah thats what I was curious about. I know there is a pretty good rep of the 5296 which the gen also uses the 324SC movement, so it would be a realistic make for them I would think. Just didn't know if there were thoughts about actually throwing this movement into other watches that use it, or if they were focusing only on the aqunaut and nautilus.

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
Things are awfully quite on the possibility of engraving...

Yes I just cannot undersstand going the length to rep the movement but skim on the engraving... holding off getting a 3KF until they (or someone else the willing to sell to) would sort this out.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Yes I just cannot undersstand going the length to rep the movement but skim on the engraving... holding off getting a 3KF until they (or someone else the willing to sell to) would sort this out.

Good call, it is very important that you hold off until movement is fully engraved. My 3K Aquanaut package was opened by customs but later released with a note inside "No evidence of movement engraving, safe for release". When I wear the watch on a daily basis, almost 50% of the folks ignore social distancing guidelines, walk up to me and compliment me on the watch. Then almost always they ask me to flip the watch over to have a look on the movement side. To my surprise, about 80% of folks instantly tell me its a rep because they can clearly see that the movement is not engraved. These incidents and frequent "call outs" has seriously damaged my self confidence and standing within the general public.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Good call, it is very important that you hold off until movement is fully engraved. My 3K Aquanaut package was opened by customs but later released with a note inside "No evidence of movement engraving, safe for release". When I wear the watch on a daily basis, almost 50% of the folks ignore social distancing guidelines, walk up to me and compliment me on the watch. Then almost always they ask me to flip the watch over to have a look on the movement side. To my surprise, about 80% of folks instantly tell me its a rep because they can clearly see that the movement is not engraved. These incidents and frequent "call outs" has seriously damaged my self confidence and standing within the general public.

You my good man, win the internet today :) :lamo2:

Reactions: srhoque

Bendori

2/5/16

Your condescending bullshit is not appreciated mate. That happened quite a bit to me actually.

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19

LOL this is some funny shit :)

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
LOL this is some funny shit :)

Glad you took it this way. Jokes aside - I am waiting for it to be engraved as well. The first iteration of 324 clone is a ground breaking achievement, let's enjoy it that way. I would rather have them focus on better QC and first fix DW font, better regulation from factory (mine gains 25 secs) and put better gears for smoother sweep of the seconds hand (feels a bit jerky for a 4hz movement or maybe it's my eyes)

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Glad you took it this way. Jokes aside - I am waiting for it to be engraved as well. The first iteration of 324 clone is a ground breaking achievement, let's enjoy it that way. I would rather have them focus on better QC and first fix DW font, better regulation from factory (mine gains 25 secs) and put better gears for smoother sweep of the seconds hand (feels a bit jerky for a 4hz movement or maybe it's my eyes)

Totally agree! I'm impressed that they cloned the movement. I never liked reps with non cloned movement and i tend to steer clear from them. Don't really care about the engraving, i'm not gonna turn it over and flex on an AD anyways :)

The date font fix would be welcomed, other than that it's a beautiful rep. I got a gen strap and a ZF clasp on mine, and the movement is keeping a +1 gain a day ()From the factory)

This is one of those watches where i'm thankful that we have high end reps. Being used to Gen rolex sportsmodels, this one feels VERY underwhelming, especially when considering the price point. Basically i would feel like an idiot paying 20.000+ at retail for something like this. It's a kinda flimsy watch, with a rubber strap, imo its not worth the money.

Last edited:

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19

Yea you are right I mean it is great we have a good 324 clone. Of course would love it if they can have higher movement QC/regulation! Just maybe it seems to me a much easier and less costly fix to do the engraving (I’m assuming the factory the order their parts from would have the capability at a reasonable incremental cost) and maybe DW and gears as you mentioned. Using better gears should be a great start. However, to really achieve better QC/regulation probably takes high quality/more experience watchmakers at 3K and would inevitably Increase the making/QC/testing time and lower production quantity and make it a more costly proposition.

+25s is not really good - I’m usually less concerned about accuracy as I need to adjust and wind anyway as I rotate my watches almost daily, but would concern about longer term reliability.

Reactions: srhoque

Bomber007

Horology Curious
10/12/19
is now 324 asian Super clone engraved isn't it? Have someone bought it and could confirm it please?

Bomber007

Horology Curious
10/12/19
is now 324 asian Super clone engraved isn't it? Have someone bought it and could confirm it please?