• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP 324SC Super Clone

sam_7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/19
now we no longer have a 90 minute date change, yeah

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
not sure if you are having a dig at me. my whole point was to point out the biased gen v rep image.
i now edited my post so it does not reference you so do not lose any sleep

As for now i dont see the need for improvements until we can have a rational discussion based on also rational facts and of course the personal touch of reviews made by experienced people who can compare this release to other novelties From the past.

we are all entitled to our opinion until the watch drops. if it has to be rational then why have these discussions to begin? at what point does a newbie become a experienced person and can write quality reviews?

rational means i downloaded pictures, drew the line to prove the spacing and its now FACTUAL

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
BIONONE Thanks for writing what many of us are thinking mate.

I agree totally. This is a big step forward. It will open up a whole new world within Patek watches. If they can clone the modules which Patek build on to the 324SC movements, we can possibly get functional and very correct annual calendars, pilot watches etc.

I would buy a 5711 with a clone movement (when released) just to support, so they maybe go forward making clone movements for other Pateks.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
not sure if you are having a dig at me. my whole point was to point out the biased gen v rep image.
i now edited my post so it does not reference you so do not lose any sleep

we are all entitled to our opinion until the watch drops. if it has to be rational then why have these discussions to begin? at what point does a newbie become a experienced person and can write quality reviews?

rational means i downloaded pictures, drew the line to prove the spacing and its now FACTUAL

I have no dig at you. Nor was my post intended to provoke those who share a different point of view than mine - that‘s why i ended my second response with „please correct me if i‘m totally wrong“

i know what you wanted to point out but i think you know what dynamic can be started by analyzing promo pictures of the factory itself.

If i offended you in any way so be it but don‘t you think it is rather fast to judge a date wheel to be off by those images? I mean there wasnt actually a good front view of different dates to begin with or did i miss this?

anyways - i embrace the change and couldn‘t care less about a thinner or slightly different font as long as it doesn‘t look as horrible like the MKF, KMF or PF stock DW‘s...

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
i know what you wanted to point out but i think you know what dynamic can be started by analyzing promo pictures of the factory itself.

If i offended you in any way so be it but don‘t you think it is rather fast to judge a date wheel to be off by those images? I mean there wasnt actually a good front view of different dates to begin with or did i miss this?

we move on. you clearly did not understand my post and mis-read my statement when i sauggested a new date wheel in post #49.

quote "the chinese have a bad habit to doctor the comparison pictures. i have gone full OCD and rotated the 11 that is suppose to show the gen. notice the gap between the 1's can fit another digit 1. Now see the two movement images and notice the gen spacing is more narrow"

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...19#post8430119

Take that to read we are looking at TWO watches with rep date wheels in the comparison pictures.
let's get back on topic

Last edited:

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Imho we should refrain from judging this release until its released. There are no engravings, is that because its a prototype? Probably, people have been saying how this factory has being falsifying the comparison...
i have waited so long for this clone movement that I am willing to wait a little more for ZF to release its version containing it.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I can’t understand how this Maker sell the product,and in same time sell the movement for same watch to another maker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I can’t understand how this Maker sell the product,and in same time sell the movement for same watch to another maker?

It’s speculation, I can’t see them
doing that either. It makes no sense from a business perspective.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Imho we should refrain from judging this release until its released. There are no engravings, is that because its a prototype? Probably, people have been saying how this factory has being falsifying the comparison...
i have waited so long for this clone movement that I am willing to wait a little more for ZF to release its version containing it.
I never gave up on this movement and now its finally here, so the hard part is over. If in fact it has noticeable flaws when seen without a loupe, I'm willing to wait till its fixed. It will never be perfect but it can be acceptable.

Reactions: vcappp

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I think the ridiculous miyota + deco + case back cover ..

It's not because you are obsessed with tells and movement decoration being the badest thing in the world, that other people can't think the opposite about it...
And just to show what you know about those latest release, but the latest miyota in Pateks rep have no deco plate, it's a decorated movement with some modification to make it look like the gen one, there's no deco plate or case back cover

You've been here for long enough to know how things works no ?

Factories will do what is the most profitable for them and having your own release + having your movement bought by other factories to make other release with it, is certainly the way to go

once in a while i like your posts haha

I don't :lol:

Reactions: vcappp and BIONONE

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Ithink you’re in love with miyota
6b48840e4cd5d4a9666f0f52c57890b1.jpg

Reactions: SuperLory

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
3KF/V6F or any "maker" doesn't make movements themselves. They subcontract one of the many movement factories. The sample cost for a 3-hand movement is about $400k. Then they need to purchase a minimum of about 10k movements usually. If it was a rolex I would highly doubt any other makers would get the movement, however PP watches are not in so high demand in China, so if the MOQs are still the same as they used to be or haven't been negotiated way lower that could be a joint project. I'll try to get information for you on Monday as I happen to know the manager of the factory that has been sub-contracted to make this one. :)

So far I know that parts are not interchangeable between them.

this is very interesting and let us see if you can get more info on the setup. it is very strange that 3KF went for printed text and suggest the movements are blank from the factory.

the TD's better prepare themselves for movement print QC if the sample is good reflection of production pieces. the C in ISOCHRONISM and S in SWISS could be better.

Reactions: vcappp