• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine concern: Are we under attacks from factories marketeers...

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I have seen so many « last month » recent members crapping on new releases to only have « last 2 weeks » members to crap back at them with a level of knowledge that is beyond any new member grasp...

Look I understand the game, influencing and subtle marketing tactics , but come on now it is just so obvious.

Any possibility to monitor those... as far as I am concerned the forum is really losing is appeal...

Sad state of affairs....

Cheers

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Not sure what you’re suggesting?! The situation you have described is nothing to do with marketeers and everything to do with noobs picking holes in the minutiae of a new rep and the more experienced members who have a better understanding of the limitations and the way the game works pointing out that they aren’t going to get perfection!

Nothing more!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Not sure what you’re suggesting?! The situation you have described is nothing to do with marketeers and everything to do with noobs picking holes in the minutiae of a new rep and the more experienced members who have a better understanding of the limitations and the way the game works pointing out that they aren’t going to get perfection!

Nothing more!

DC

Lol it reminds me of the situation 'can someone tell me where to get the best 1:1 rep. I have a lot of money //trying to give proof// and I can pay 1000usd for that rep'

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Nothing more!

DC

I am not sure actually , ok I was reading the thread in the new zf 15400 to see a guy with 1 post bashing the watch with details that I have rarely seen before for another guy with a 2 posts count to get back at him again with a detailing that I certainly never had when I started here neither the audacity as a 1 post guy to express my « rejection » of a piece who is actually very nice on my book. That exchanges went on for pages making me losing track of genuine comments on the thread.

I also experienced or rather noticed the same patterns in other threads usually linked to the latest new releases of cash cows models...

i just found that terribly annoying and wanted to start a conversation about it for the one interested

i posted a similar thread on the AP section , but also wanted to hear the thoughts of the Patek crowd, a lil more mature and chilled... ;)

Last edited:

Norak6700

Horology Curious
11/11/19
If I may......I know I am a noob. But I am older and I have a theory. I think that in this day and age, young people have no respect for the PROCESS. Sometimes You have to learn, get information, try to get knowledge, and respect those that have developed this world before you post. I see the other side as well. In this forum (at least from what I have seen in my short time here), the keener the eye is, the more "respect" is given. I have also seen some of the senior members seriously flame us noobs from time to time. In the past such actions were a part of the process. Nowadays with the Generation Z'ers (or whatever they're called now) the respect for the time spent to acquire this knowledge is gone!!

I think the difference between the guy with "2 posts" now and then is, then....that guy knows his place, now..... I'm the man because I said so, and what're you gonna do about it?!?

Reactions: gilrob

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I don't know what got you this idea, as I did not monitor the same thing, but I can tell you right away why this happen : Reddit.

Reddit users with no respect for anything swarm the forum on a regular basis and they bother everyone : staff, regular member, TDs

The usual redditer which everyone hates, including Reddit, is the guy that want to be spoonfed, will scrutinize the QC like he's getting a gen watch from an AD, that's usually the one that will shit all over a new release.
Then it's discussed on Reddit and someone without an account here, but with more common sense and knowledge will put the guy in place just because he doesn't like to see bullshit being spread online

There's no maker conspiracy, because makers don't care about the forum that much

Reactions: FourthLetter

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I think up have this all upside down , arse about tit , in reverse , back to front or any other synonym you care to use .

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Agree with Glaud. Its also Instagram.

Accounts that spot reps on celebs or whatever have created a lifestyle of kids calling out fakes and now they know what to look for.

So, the only people that look for fakes are people wearing fakes, Nobody else knows better or even cares.

Reactions: stufuse

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Norak6700 thanks brother for your insights , we all started somewhere and make no mistake I can list you 15 to 20 active « seniors » members that will never look down on new members, I guess with time you will get to know them and have pretty constructive conversations, that’s how I got to know about Reps and horological in general. But true this take time... but this forum is a great place. If I may suggest have a look at repgeek , you will find the same members but with a much lesser traffic... Much less drama as well...

Glaude Merci ;) yup the « reditters » might be the at the inception... anyway many thanks for the great work you guys are doing cheers

chocolito Apologies as English not my 1st language , but I think I got ur point ;)...

Last edited: