• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ENAMEL DIAL!!!! Calatrava 5089G

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Hello friends,

I do not want to create false alarms or create false news, I am not 100% sure of the information I am going to share, but in one of the groups I have on wechat they published the following images in which they show the elaboration of the Calatraba model "Azulejos" REF. 5089G which is formed by two models, - Ref. 5089G-061 (The barge) and 5089G-062 (The porter), both models have enamed dial wich if it's true, it's a breakthrough in the rep world.

https://masterhorologer.com/2017/04...5089g-061-the-barge-and-5089g-062-the-porter/

I share the images that were shared in the group, if someone speaks Chinese it would be helpful to support us with an explanation of what is being worked on.

For those who don't know what an enamed dial is, here its some information:
https://anordain.com/blogs/news/this-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-enamel-dials-part-1

numero2

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
FR
Amazing. Toi doid to be true ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Really ambitious of them! The text looks atrocious but everything else looks not bad.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Thanks for the update that looks different and cool. How much is the gen though? Looks like a limited edition.... and given the current insane inflation on Patek pieces I won’t be surprised that goes north 100k... anyone to sport it ? Lol

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Thanks for the update that looks different and cool. How much is the gen though? Looks like a limited edition.... and given the current insane inflation on Patek pieces I won’t be surprised that goes north 100k... anyone to sport it ? Lol

Gen is 95k chf + vat. Similar models goes around 100k to 185k

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Gen is 95k chf + vat. Similar models goes around 100k to 185k

JeeZ.... 185k... I just saw an ugly brown one for 145k on chrono24, that one is for sure on the 180+ bracket , a “price on request” model... I am not sure how the Chinese wizards can come even at 70% close to such a gen exquisite piece, devils in the details at that magnitude.... For I will pass...

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I've always been against buying reps of such expensive watches... however I would buy it because of the beauty of having an enamel dial as well as the joy of moving your wrist and seeing an art piece on my wrist.

Jean-Claude Biver said in an interview "if I want to see the time I take out my cell phone and see it, a watch is to enjoy the beauty of it and the feelings that it transmits"

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I've always been against buying reps of such expensive watches... however I would buy it because of the beauty of having an enamel dial as well as the joy of moving your wrist and seeing an art piece on my wrist.

Jean-Claude Biver said in an interview "if I want to see the time I take out my cell phone and see it, a watch is to enjoy the beauty of it and the feelings that it transmits"

Nice words my friend. Well said. Thanks for sharing. This is really interesting. Opens up a whole new world. It looks very convincing. I'm amazed by the job they are doing.

I agree. It could be incredible to have an enamel dial watch. It could really be wonderful.

We need a Patek World Timer !!! 5231J

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
. I'm amazed by the job they are doing.

This !

I admire our Asian friends for the dedication that goes into making those reps, enamel work is an art form and highly respected here in France and seeing that they are using the good way of producing those dial is quite remarkable (there are modern ways of producing "hand painted" enamel dial)

I'm curious to see how much this will be sold for and which models will be out

Reactions: phdsjain

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
This !

I admire our Asian friends for the dedication that goes into making those reps, enamel work is an art form and highly respected here in France and seeing that they are using the good way of producing those dial is quite remarkable (there are modern ways of producing "hand painted" enamel dial)

I'm curious to see how much this will be sold for and which models will be out

Will be over 800 usd (=confirmed). As per now only the two blue dial ones. But dont know if they will make others later.

Yeah mate the process is simplified. Kudos to them for that. They have artists to paint the dial from a piicture of the gen with enamel paint (liquefied enamel powder). That doesn't require watch knowledge or skills. Only you should have steady hands under a microscope and be used to paint details from a sketch.
And then they burn it in at high temperature to make the enamel dials. It's an incredible and simple way of producing cloisonne enamel dials.
Requires a lot of work but materials/machinery requirements are minimal.

As described by m1994 it will unlock an new world in reps.

Last edited:

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Confirmed price is 5200RMB on WeChat dealers which is roughly 750$. TDs tend to do 25 percent markup on these watches which is more than fine considering all the things they are going through. I came out with that markup when i compared the prices to the local chinese dealers and WeChat ones0 anyways so its 1k i think its worth it but we gotta wait and see the video for it.

I'm hyped up for this watch but gotta wait for this beast i guess ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: repholic

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Confirmed price is 5200RMB on WeChat dealers which is roughly 750$. TDs tend to do 25 percent markup on these watches which is more than fine considering all the things they are going through. I came out with that markup when i compared the prices to the local chinese dealers and WeChat ones0 anyways so its 1k i think its worth it but we gotta wait and see the video for it.

I'm hyped up for this watch but gotta wait for this beast i guess ;)

Basically it's a Calatrava 5296, which are around 400USD, but upgraded with painted enamel dial and a micro-rotor movement. Micro-rotor movements are really nice to look at. So i tend to agree with you that this can be worth being around 1k with delivery as you said.
Off course you have to add a custom made CF strap to this one for around 350USD. Totalt of around 1300-1350USD. That's expensive for a rep. But if it is as expected. What a rep that's gonna be!

Godfathar Mate you are very busy these days :D Have you seen this??

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR8R

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Basically it's a Calatrava 5296, which are around 400USD, but upgraded with painted enamel dial and a micro-rotor movement. Micro-rotor movements are really nice to look at. So i tend to agree with you that this can be worth being around 1k with delivery as you said.
Off course you have to add a custom made CF strap to this one for around 350USD. Totalt of around 1300-1350USD. That's expensive for a rep. But if it is as expected. What a rep that's gonna be!

No brother.. I am drowning with work and family responsibilities that I barely have time to check in and see anything.. but I always rely on people like yourself, great mates that would give me a nudge when something out of the ordinary comes up.. Thanks a million.. :rolleyes:

The Chinese are kicking it up a notch I see, bravo.. this is really interesting, and would love to see it here one day on the forum, and hopefully will have a thorough review to see the pros and cos of it.. until then, I will hold back my horses, especially that we are around the holidays, and the bank account is suffering hahahahahaha..

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
No brother.. I am drowning with work and family responsibilities that I barely have time to check in and see anything.. but I always rely on people like yourself, great mates that would give me a nudge when something out of the ordinary comes up.. Thanks a million.. :rolleyes:

The Chinese are kicking it up a notch I see, bravo.. this is really interesting, and would love to see it here one day on the forum, and hopefully will have a thorough review to see the pros and cos of it.. until then, I will hold back my horses, especially that we are around the holidays, and the bank account is suffering hahahahahaha..

Haha tell me about it. I just sold my ALS tourb so I might have the possibility of buying it. I'm considering to do it. Its extraordinary as you said they are taking it to the next level.

Your welcome brother. Good luck with your things.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Devil in the details, I would had a proper white gold plating mod along with a quality 2ar crystal to enjoy the Dial

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
While I agree that the work look excellent and there's some dedication at making this piece which will obviously not be a high seller (so there's someone passionate about this model that prompted this work to be done, no doubt about it).

I still think the price is a bit steep, as said by the good jm_brc_7057 , I don't think they are making anything else new than the dial, everything else is already existing and the movement too (Love those micro rotor !)
So they are not paying up the development of those parts and that come into play in the price of our reps usually.

But in the end, I would rather spend some more money on those rare and exclusive reps than on a Noob V50 with an unstoppable price increase at every release

So .... who's gonna play guinea pig on this one ? :D