• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will owner of Gem Patek 5167 notice that Patek 5167 ZF is a Rep

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
One client said to me “there’s no way China factories can engrave a movement like that”

His colleague agreed “you can tell it’s quality from how clean and well polished the movement parts are”

Lol.

4884961214cf9e40cf906cec6789976e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they are really not into watches if they said something like that. Gen engraving is much more crispy and refined than zf rep + it’s a Miyota movement. I just don’t see it fooling too many watch people.

Reactions: KSwatches

cutfox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/4/19
The 90% of the peoples out are not interested if is original or not. Becouse don't know the little differences with the gen watch

Reactions: KSwatches

cutfox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/4/19
Expecially for Patek that is a brand few know for the majority of peoples

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Well they are really not into watches if they said something like that. Gen engraving is much more crispy and refined than zf rep + it’s a Miyota movement. I just don’t see it fooling too many watch people.

You think typical company directors know/care for what a Miyota is?

How do you know gen engraving is more crisp? Did You study pictures on the internet and compare with rep.... or did you mange to see gen in a boutique and commit the depth of the engravings to memory?

The latter is not something directors have time for and the former is unlikely as well if you’re taking about popular models that are hard to find in boutiques.

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
You think typical company directors know/care for what a Miyota is?

How do you know gen engraving is more crisp? Did You study pictures on the internet and compare with rep.... or did you mange to see gen in a boutique and commit the depth of the engravings to memory?

The latter is not something directors have time for and the former is unlikely as well if you’re taking about popular models that are hard to find in boutiques.

No I didn’t study pics. I saw both gen Patek watches and zf reps many times.

yes people who own Patek watch know how well it’s finished - directors, CEOs... and Yes they are busy people but many of them know their shit when it comes to watches.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Saying that engraving on the zf calatrava is almost as crisp and refined to gen engraving is pure craziness.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Yes they are busy people but many of them know their shit when it comes to watches.

Yes they know their shit about watches, but they would be completely clueless and would have a hard time explaining the power chain of a watch movement for example or any other pure technical knowledge.
If they see one or two common point with a gen patek movement, they'll not scrutinize it further.

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
No I didn’t study pics. I saw both gen Patek watches and zf reps many times.

yes people who own Patek watch know how well it’s finished - directors, CEOs... and Yes they are busy people but many of them know their shit when it comes to watches.

Of course they may know their "shit" but the level of comparisons that we go through on this forum is not an experience they need to go through - so they won't point fingers at the differences we see as frequently.