• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will owner of Gem Patek 5167 notice that Patek 5167 ZF is a Rep

patek5167a

Horology Curious
29/11/19
Hello I'm very new here
I got a question that if someone who owns Gen Patek 5167, and wear the rep Patek 5167 from ZF will that person know it's a Rep not Gen

I got gen 5711 and 5712r (they are my father)

I'm planing to get one of rep 5167 ZF since in my family no one have aquanaut

thank you all for the answer and sorry for bad English

Last edited:

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
A real patek watch guy will directly know at the first 10 seconds max.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sn95

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
No because on the wrist who can tell, unless you know the flaws to look out for

mottykytu

4/6/13
If they know about Rep, Yes

If not they just think it is a variety in Batch production

Until they borrow you it and look at the back Obviously!

Reactions: sn95

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Hello I'm very new here
I got a question that if someone who owns Gen Patek 5167, and wear the rep Patek 5167 from ZF will that person know it's a Rep not Gen

I got gen 5711 and 5712r (they are my father)

I'm planing to get one of rep 5167 ZF since in my family no one have aquanaut

thank you all for the answer and sorry for bad English

Post some pics of 5711.

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
and 5712r. and forget the aquanaut if you already own those

patek5167a

Horology Curious
29/11/19
If they know about Rep, Yes

If not they just think it is a variety in Batch production

Until they borrow you it and look at the back Obviously!

So back of rep ZF is not like Gen? I thought ZF back is just like Gen

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Believe it or not but a lot of Patek owners don’t spend hours looking on the internet for gen vs rep differences.

I struggle to convince my gen clients that this is rep.

They simply won’t believe it. As far as they are concerned it’s a gen Patek movement. They don’t research on the internet what a Miyota vs Patek movement looks like and then commit it to memory . Lol

710bde71224ba877f4a637d7e98f51a9.jpg

Of course I am taking about typical gen owners are not crazy forum people who spend all day on the internet learning what a gen Patek movement looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Like it was mentioned in the posts above, if the person is someone who came into money and decided to buy the best watches, cars, homes, etc they're not going to know that much about your watch, they'll 99% think its real at first glance, if they inspect it closer and wear it around they'll notice differences in the reserve, the date change, the movement, etc... But this will take time. If they saved up to buy the watch and they're an enthusiast and know all about watches they'll spot the differences asap, in my experience people who notice reps spend a lot of time of these forums and most likely own or have owned a rep themselves.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Believe it or not but a lot of Patek owners don’t spend hours looking on the internet for gen vs rep differences.

They simply won’t believe it. As far as they are concerned it’s a gen Patek movement. They don’t research on the internet what a Miyota vs Patek movement looks like and then commit it to memory . Lol

710bde71224ba877f4a637d7e98f51a9.jpg

Of course I am taking about typical gen owners are not crazy forum people who spend all day on the internet learning what a gen Patek movement looks like.

If they hold it in hands they will know it’s a rep as it’s much more lighter that gen.
on the wrist I don’t believe anyone would be able to say it’s a rep based on look of the watch - especially when it comes to black dial. It’s so freaking good.

Reactions: KSwatches

patek5167a

Horology Curious
29/11/19
I’m wondering which edition of 5711 you have. There are 3 different version of blue dial. 2nd edition is most collectible.

I never knew 5711 have 3versions lol haha. I'm not a watch expert I just buy them

irvin

21/9/15
SG
Gen owners simply does not bother, especially those that owns Patek pieces are usually successful people that are too busy to be doing petty stuff like checking out if you’re wearing a rep. Unless the rep is really so bad it calls itself out or you really can’t pull it off with the social status.

Part of the reason you don’t see everyone rocking a Richard Mille rep no matter how well it’s being replicated.

The habits of trying to legit check often comes from insecure rep players being afraid of getting called out.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
If they hold it in hands they will know it’s a rep as it’s much more lighter that gen.
on the wrist I don’t believe anyone would be able to say it’s a rep based on look of the watch - especially when it comes to black dial. It’s so freaking good.

One client said to me “there’s no way China factories can engrave a movement like that”

His colleague agreed “you can tell it’s quality from how clean and well polished the movement parts are”

Lol.

4884961214cf9e40cf906cec6789976e.jpg

Tobel

6/7/17
One client said to me “there’s no way China factories can engrave a movement like that”

His colleague agreed “you can tell it’s quality from how clean and well polished the movement parts are”

Lol.

Ahahah :) why am I not surprised? For anyone who doesn't know how a movement is supposed to look like specifically, these decorated miyotas are nice looking

Reactions: KSwatches

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

giphy.gif