• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 6102R Celestial Moon Age. Astronomical disappointment. Modifications not possible.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I got in touch with a DHG seller about the non micro-rotors 400$ we spoke of earlier this year.
Strangely enough, no TD's seem to be able to source it (FatPanda, Geektime and Jtime) which makes me wonder how the relationship with factories works since they each have a good network.

Anyway, some pictures and a comment: it seems that the upper disk is only for decoration since it's blank, nothing seems to be printed on it. Maybe a production shortcut?

url=https://clickpix.org/image/xn5qW]
xn5qW.jpg
[/url]

These I’ve commented also in the article. This is an old friend the TDs has it before. You can still see it on Toro Bravos site but can’t order it I think. They are much thicker than The newer versions.

Reactions: DamienV

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
These I’ve commented also in the article. This is an old friend the TDs has it before. You can still see it on Toro Bravos site but can’t order it I think. They are much thicker than The newer versions.

Yeah, from the diamond, it makes me wonder if they have not upgraded/rebooted the 2016 version.
They sell it at the same price as the TWF but without the micro-rotors movement.
Since you never know if what you see is what you get, I was not able to get more info.

Still, it is listed through a few "legit" sellers from DHG but only in blue. It could be some leftovers of the 2016 version as you suggest.

Edit: I guess it is this one from 2018: https://www.pfclones.com/watches/pa...3-automatic-ss-le-blue-asian-custoomized.html

Look at the video, the watch is...14.5 mm thick!

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yeah, from the diamond, it makes me wonder if they have not upgraded/rebooted the 2016 version.
They sell it at the same price as the TWF but without the micro-rotors movement.
Since you never know if what you see is what you get, I was not able to get more info.

Still, it is listed through a few "legit" sellers from DHG but only in blue. It could be some leftovers of the 2016 version as you suggest.

Edit: I guess it is this one from 2018: https://www.pfclones.com/watches/pa...3-automatic-ss-le-blue-asian-custoomized.html

Look at the video, the watch is...14.5 mm thick!

True. Must be the upgrade of the old 2016 version, before the micro rotor one’s were released. Or it released simultaneous with the micro rotor ones. You can see it as a mid-version.

Mang0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/20
Canada
Loved following this thread. Wondering if got abandoned your quest. Gorgeous watch and a pity none of the factories seemed to fix anything and it just kept getting re-released.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Loved following this thread. Wondering if got abandoned your quest. Gorgeous watch and a pity none of the factories seemed to fix anything and it just kept getting re-released.

Hey buddy. Unluckily i abandoned the quest so to speak. Because it was too much work and difficult work. In the end i thought this rep is too far out. And not been any major improvements in the many released versions/factories.

Reactions: Mang0

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France

I got myself one of the "cheap" one while waiting for a good release: https://imgur.com/gaylliJ

To be honest, besides the moving second disc which I tend to like at the end, it's really good for 180€. It's reasonnably thick and well finished with the diamond and most of all, it has a really nice star pattern with plenty of stars.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I got myself one of the "cheap" one while waiting for a good release: https://imgur.com/gaylliJ

To be honest, besides the moving second disc which I tend to like at the end, it's really good for 180€. It's reasonnably thick and well finished with the diamond and most of all, it has a really nice star pattern with plenty of stars.

You are right about that. But i couldn't get myself to compromise with the moving seconds disk.

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
You are right about that. But i couldn't get myself to compromise with the moving seconds disk.

Also, the moonphase disc seems to be "right" (like the one you designed for your upgrade project) even if there is no moonphase complication (the disc is moving with the day indicator).

Mang0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/20
Canada
Awesome and quick replies. That cheap one sure has a sharp star pattern and I've been really evaluating if I want the blue dial or black. In the end I may go black to truly match the sky at night but I know for sure now I don't want rose gold. I have too much in my collection.

I don't suppose the stars are lumed? That would be asking too much I'm sure.

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Awesome and quick replies. That cheap one sure has a sharp star pattern and I've been really evaluating if I want the blue dial or black. In the end I may go black to truly match the sky at night but I know for sure now I don't want rose gold. I have too much in my collection.

I don't suppose the stars are lumed? That would be asking too much I'm sure.

Not on my REP and I wonder if even GEN has Lume on stars, never seen one in low light on videos/pictures.
The moonphase has Lume for what it's worth, I did not noticed it until very recently to be honest.

Also, beware of the cheap blue ones...one common problem is that the transparent star layer is white while the star on the dial are yellow.
It really kills the look of the blue!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Not on my REP and I wonder if even GEN has Lume on stars, never seen one in low light on videos/pictures.
The moonphase has Lume for what it's worth, I did not noticed it until very recently to be honest.

Also, beware of the cheap blue ones...one common problem is that the transparent star layer is white while the star on the dial are yellow.
It really kills the look of the blue!

Can you put up some pictures mate? Also where the moon is visible.

I think you are right, the gen doesn't have lume at all.

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
https://biao6688.com/60589.html just saw this not sure if there is a thread on this one yet but it looks to me like a 1:1 but I don’t have enough knowledge of the gen to make that comparison. Anyone care to shed some light on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
https://biao6688.com/60589.html just saw this not sure if there is a thread on this one yet but it looks to me like a 1:1 but I don’t have enough knowledge of the gen to make that comparison. Anyone care to shed some light on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

This looks like an improved version to me:

First of all there is no "PNILIPPE" spelling mistake on the back, which there was in some of the watches.

Secondly and very important also, the transparent disk with the milky way on it, which earlier on moved like a seconds disk doesn't rotate like seconds anymore. It is instead fixed to rotate every day with the date hand. When the date hand changes, that disk changes too. That's an improvent.

The flaws in this version:
1. The moon phase is still the wrong color and shape, but it can be hidden away using the crown at 4. Thereby rotating the star disk to a place where the moonphase isn't visible.
2. The transparent disk with the milky way on it, shouldn't have been there at all. They should remove it altogether, and instead put those stars and the milky way on the stars disk.
3. The stars disk is matte, it isn't shiny (in the gen it's shiny).

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
This looks like an improved version to me:

First of all there is no "PNILIPPE" spelling mistake on the back, which there was in some of the watches.

Secondly and very important also, the transparent disk with the milky way on it, which earlier on moved like a seconds disk doesn't rotate like seconds anymore. It is instead fixed to rotate every day with the date hand. When the date hand changes, that disk changes too. That's an improvent.

The flaws in this version:
1. The moon phase is still the wrong color and shape, but it can be hidden away using the crown at 4. Thereby rotating the star disk to a place where the moonphase isn't visible.
2. The transparent disk with the milky way on it, shouldn't have been there at all. They should remove it altogether, and instead put those stars and the milky way on the stars disk.
3. The stars disk is matte, it isn't shiny (in the gen it's shiny).

Thanks JM it does look far better than any other version I’ve seen, might even pull the trigger on it for that price. Those flaws aren’t really a big deal for me after all it’s a pretty well functioning rep of a 300k piece.

Sent from my 15202

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks JM it does look far better than any other version I’ve seen, might even pull the trigger on it for that price. Those flaws aren’t really a big deal for me after all it’s a pretty well functioning rep of a 300k piece.

Sent from my 15202

I tend to agree on that. The moonphase can be hidden if you would like not to look at that flaw in the daily wear. And the transparent disk/lack of stars disk being shiny is off course an aesthetic flaw, but if you can accept it, then it's definitely an enjoyable watch.

Please post pictures in the thread and your thoughts on it if you go through with it.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Is this finally a version without the stupid rotating disc? I may pull the trigger as that was holding me back and this one looks great. May have to ask my TD if they can source this

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Reactions: EunosMX5