• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 6102R Celestial Moon Age. Astronomical disappointment. Modifications not possible.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yes, it can be popped off. Just be carefull not to scratch the case as it is plated steel ;).

-Firstly take out the stem and perhaps the other crown if possible
-Then pry off the front bezel, crystal stays in the bezel
-Carefully press the movement out on its rotor, dont flip the watch and let it drop in your hands (as the hands are fragile)

It's difficult. I tried, but i think someone with experience has to do it. Not a job for newbie's :) Thanks for the advice though.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 just checking to see if you made any progress on the modifications with this watch yet?

I found out that it’s a front loader as some members here pointed out it could be.
Meaning that you remove the bezel to get access to the movement and dials etc.

I also found out some important things:

1. The moving seconds hand disk can be removed. Which is a good thing.
2. The main disk and the moon disk can be taken out for modification.

And that is where I am at the moment.

The plan is to:

1. Get more stars painted on the main disk and get a transparent layer on it to make it shiny like the gen.
2. Get the moon disk painted as mentioned in the review.
3. Get the hands painted white as they are grey.

The painting of the hands is not a problem. But the dial painting requires skills. So I’m trying to figure out who to ask. I was thinking of someone who paints miniature figures. But haven’t found someone. I will ask my modder if he can.

If these paints can be done the watch will be a very close to gen rep!

Reactions: SuperBatman

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I found out that it’s a front loader as some members here pointed out it could be.
Meaning that you remove the bezel to get access to the movement and dials etc.

I also found out some important things:

1. The moving seconds hand disk can be removed. Which is a good thing.
2. The main disk and the moon disk can be taken out for modification.

And that is where I am at the moment.

The plan is to:

1. Get more stars painted on the main disk and get a transparent layer on it to make it shiny like the gen.
2. Get the moon disk painted as mentioned in the review.
3. Get the hands painted white as they are grey.

The painting of the hands is not a problem. But the dial painting requires skills. So I’m trying to figure out who to ask. I was thinking of someone who paints miniature figures. But haven’t found someone. I will ask my modder if he can.

If these paints can be done the watch will be a very close to gen rep!

Excellent news JM I am glad you have made some progress. I just sent an email to Tim to get this for me and he will get it after the Chinese new year.

I don't know if I will go to the level of modification you are doing to yours, but after yours is done and I see the pics I might have to!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Excellent news JM I am glad you have made some progress. I just sent an email to Tim to get this for me and he will get it after the Chinese new year.

I don't know if I will go to the level of modification you are doing to yours, but after yours is done and I see the pics I might have to!

Good to hear that mate. I think ​​​​my project will take some months. Will keep you updated. Let me hear when you get yours.

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Hi

be careful when pry the case its absolutely easy to scratch and peel off the "gold" plating layer, there is a tool cheap used to remove daytona bezels and using a plastic bag that may produce no damage but Its always adviced to practice first on a cheap watch to learn and until then go on to this expensive rep.

as for the hands removal i prefer the set of 2 hand levers rather than the puller also related to damage made learning haha.

its awesome review thanks for the time making it not many info on patek reps, thank you!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hi

be careful when pry the case its absolutely easy to scratch and peel off the "gold" plating layer, there is a tool cheap used to remove daytona bezels and using a plastic bag that may produce no damage but Its always adviced to practice first on a cheap watch to learn and until then go on to this expensive rep.

as for the hands removal i prefer the set of 2 hand levers rather than the puller also related to damage made learning haha.

its awesome review thanks for the time making it not many info on patek reps, thank you!

Thanks for the advice and compliment mate. I'll prefer to send it to someone experienced, instead of doing the experimentation myself hehe as you said, an expensive rep to learn it on.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057 any updates on this? It seems the best way to get a decent Patek with any sort of complications.

Thanks for the incredible review!

No mate. I’ve sort of given up or parked it. As I can’t find someone to do it.
Also the bezel doesn’t have the lip to remove it with a case knife. So it seems like it’s badly made. I’m not sure if it can be removed without scratching the case.

Also it’s much work. The seconds hand disk can be removed but the painting of stars on main disk and painting the moon phase disk are difficult. Also I’m not sure if the main disk can be made shiny or not.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
tangokilo did you get it mate?

Hi JM, no I never got it. I placed the order just before the chinese new year. I waited and waited until a few days ago. The TD said he was still waiting to get it from the factory so I cancelled the order with him. Also, after having the time to look more closely at it and also your comments I decided it may not be a good one for me.

Are you still enjoying yours?

Reactions: XLR8R

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hi JM, no I never got it. I placed the order just before the chinese new year. I waited and waited until a few days ago. The TD said he was still waiting to get it from the factory so I cancelled the order with him. Also, after having the time to look more closely at it and also your comments I decided it may not be a good one for me.

Are you still enjoying yours?

I understand. Maybe it's the best decision you made. They must upgrade it if they want to sell more of them - i hope that.

Because to mod this version is a difficult project. Mine is disassembled. I haven't used it. It also got a scratch on the case, opening the bezel.
If i can get the dial/hands painting job etc done, then i will put them into a new rep i buy. Otherwise i have put this aside for now.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
tangokilo Apparently there is a V2? On DHGate it's listed:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/v2-complications-platinum-celestial-6102/522411770.html?skuid=688560365563867140#s2-13-1;searl|2764125778:14
https://www.dhgate.com/product/v2-top-mens-watches-6102-watch-swiss-automatic/448643087.html?skuid=563076130055180292#s2-7-1;searl|2764125778:8

Looks like it's much better. Thickness seems to be the same, but the moon phase shape/colour looks perfect and the moving seconds disk is not there, the main dial has more stars. It looks good. I don't know if our TD's could get this?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
tangokilo Apparently there is a V2? On DHGate it's listed:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/v2-complications-platinum-celestial-6102/522411770.html?skuid=688560365563867140#s2-13-1;searl|2764125778:14
https://www.dhgate.com/product/v2-top-mens-watches-6102-watch-swiss-automatic/448643087.html?skuid=563076130055180292#s2-7-1;searl|2764125778:8

Looks like it's much better. Thickness seems to be the same, but the moon phase shape/colour looks perfect and the moving seconds disk is not there, the main dial has more stars. It looks good. I don't know if our TD's could get this?

It looks better for it does not have the disk like you mentioned and more stars are present. It even has the diamond at the 6 o'clock position behind the strap.
However, we cannot see the Patek logo anywhere or Swiss made and we do not see the deplyant clasp.

I do not know about DHGate I have not purchased anything from there before.

Reactions: XLR8R

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It looks better for it does not have the disk like you mentioned and more stars are present. It even has the diamond at the 6 o'clock position behind the strap.
However, we cannot see the Patek logo anywhere or Swiss made and we do not see the deplyant clasp.

I do not know about DHGate I have not purchased anything from there before.

Yeah mate. DHGate remove the logos in all their pictures.

Yeah it looks good really. Also the moon phase. I'm awaiting answer if Fat Panda can get some more info/pictures on it.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Yeah mate. DHGate remove the logos in all their pictures.

Yeah it looks good really. Also the moon phase. I'm awaiting answer if Fat Panda can get some more info/pictures on it.

Sounds good. Please let me know as soon as you hear from Fat Panda on this.