• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Patek 5712 Project

Cosmograph4Ever

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/3/20
I’ve seen your work man, that would be awesome.

It’s gonna depend on how finicky the keyless works are. The last thing I want is to remove the stem to take the movement out of the case and have to reset the keyless works when it won’t go back in.

Let’s talk about it when the time comes :)

In my experience the keyless of the 324 is solid. Yours should be similar. I’m going to start a similarly complex project soon, attempting to marry my PPF case with the clone 324C. No comparison to your beauty there of course.

Reactions: jptrosch

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
I’d be interested in more info...but not for $8.8k lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: gmtring

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
The PF 5712 just from viewing trusty's pictures has multiple problems such as subdial positioning problems (which are probably limits because of the movement they created), color of the moon phase's stars and moon (gold instead of silver on the blue and grey dial variants), thickness is 10.5 instead of 8.5mm of the gen, and the movement decorative plate is comically bad looking.

But that all said this is PFs V1 they can only improve from here, and since this is a dream watch for me and I will still be buying one after Andrew puts out his video of it.

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19
The PF 5712 just from viewing trusty's pictures has multiple problems such as subdial positioning problems (which are probably limits because of the movement they created), color of the moon phase's stars and moon (gold instead of silver on the blue and grey dial variants), thickness is 10.5 instead of 8.5mm of the gen, and the movement decorative plate is comically bad looking.

But that all said this is PFs V1 they can only improve from here, and since this is a dream watch for me and I will still be buying one after Andrew puts out his video of it.

are you going to buy the pf v1 despite all the faults you just said?

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
are you going to buy the pf v1 despite all the faults you just said?

Yes more than likely, because while it has its fault it's still the best 5712 rep out there at the moment. Tho as I said before, I'm waiting for Andrew to put out his videos before I jump into it.

n1co59000

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19
Yes more than likely, because while it has its fault it's still the best 5712 rep out there at the moment. Tho as I said before, I'm waiting for Andrew to put out his videos before I jump into it.

the price has just been set, do you find it high?

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
the price has just been set, do you find it high?

I mean that's gonna be on you if you find the price high or not. But for comparison the PF v2 5711 was just a smidge under $500. And that wasn't perfect either. But I think we're digressing too much off this threads original topic which is about a beautiful 5712 build.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Please please please, make a new thread for that trusty 5712 rep, guys....
Dont ruin the beauty of this project with other topic.
please dont continue your discussion here. Im not subcribed for your interest in buying new rep 5712, or discussing new rep 5712, im here because of this project.
please understand and stop.

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
He’s been low key flexing the 5712 before he has to give it back to you...

For what he's managed to accomplish with this build, he would have earned it. I've been eyeing some other repair jobs on ebay similar to this one, but he has a 5-year wait list at this point.

Timrm

24/4/18
Wow I wish there was a modded who offers watches like this ! Would definitely buy one instant

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Timrm

24/4/18
Wow I wish there was a modded who offers watches like this ! Would definitely buy one instant

Sent from the RWI App

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
Update: I heard from my watchmaker yesterday. He finally found pushers he’s happy with. They arrived, and he’s getting ready to make the cuts to install them. Because of the modifications to the case needed to fit the Cal. 240, the margin on the cuts is extremely narrow, as in a quarter of a millimeter. Assuming he’s able to successfully install the pushers in the case, all that will be left will be to reshape the caseback to fit the gen caseback crystal and match the gen.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Update: I heard from my watchmaker yesterday. He finally found pushers he’s happy with. They arrived, and he’s getting ready to make the cuts to install them. Because of the modifications to the case needed to fit the Cal. 240, the margin on the cuts is extremely narrow, as in a quarter of a millimeter. Assuming he’s able to successfully install the pushers in the case, all that will be left will be to reshape the caseback to fit the gen caseback crystal and match the gen.

Wow, incredible update. Do you know which pushers he landed on? This has been a looooong journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anto.94