• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Patek 5712 Project

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
That would be quite an undertaking, I'm interested in seeing the results if he does. All the best.

Thank you, yeah it would definitely be an undertaking. I'll probably wear it for awhile before re-casing it. Given the amount of work that had to be done to the movement, it wouldn't be surprising if I need to send it back for repairs in the near future, so we'll probably do it then.

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
Right now the plan is to let the watch run until Monday morning. If it's still running Monday morning, the watchmaker will install the hands and let it run down. It had actually stopped running at some point last night. The watchmaker made some adjustments and now it's running again. He also added more of a chamfer to the caseback and increased the diameter to accommodate the gen caseback crystal. It's coming in at just over 8.7mm thick, which is the best we can do with this case (which is fine because from what I've read the gen is closer to 8.7 than 8.52 anyway - Patek likes to exaggerate).

Riverwind85

26/4/18
The hands are officially going on tonight. The watch ran in the case without stopping for over 24 hours and all the complications are functioning correctly.

I am really happy for you and for this amazing project! The best I have ever seen

Reactions: jptrosch

Riverwind85

26/4/18
The hands are officially going on tonight. The watch ran in the case without stopping for over 24 hours and all the complications are functioning correctly.

I am really happy for you and for this amazing project! The best I have ever seen

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Very nice — impressive diligence on your end to get this one done. Hope it fulfills all your expectations once on the wrist!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: jptrosch