No announcement yet.

Franken Patek 5712 Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole thread is like one of those great youtube video series you find and glad it's almost done and you just waiting for the last few episodes lol.

Wish you the best of luck, partner. Can't wait to see the finish product.

Comment

Not much to report from the past week. We had to replace the setting pinion and opted to go with aftermarket correctors for the case. Here are some more photos and also a link to a breakdown of the dial side complications of the cal. 240 moonphase power reserve.

​​​​​​http://ppts.jp/patek-philippe-caliber-240ps.irm.c.lu/

Comment

This is the most interesting and exciting project I've come across. Takes a lot of patience and perseverance! Very cool guy.

Comment

beautiful build! looking forward to seeing this completed

Comment

News

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Comment

Amazing build. Comparing the beginning of thread and the above movement pics, its like night and day. Kudos to your perseverance. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mathisbou155 View Post
                News

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI
                Nothing new to report. I haven’t heard from my watchmaker in several weeks. He tends to work on a project for a few weeks and then puts it aside to work on another project for a few weeks, so I don’t imagine anything’s changed.

Comment

jptrosch I would LOVE to refinish the case, bezel and bracelet for you on this unique project. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmograph4Ever View Post
                    jptrosch I would LOVE to refinish the case, bezel and bracelet for you on this unique project. :-)
                    I’ve seen your work man, that would be awesome.

It’s gonna depend on how finicky the keyless works are. The last thing I want is to remove the stem to take the movement out of the case and have to reset the keyless works when it won’t go back in.

Comment

Originally posted by jptrosch View Post

I’ve seen your work man, that would be awesome.

It’s gonna depend on how finicky the keyless works are. The last thing I want is to remove the stem to take the movement out of the case and have to reset the keyless works when it won’t go back in.
                      Let’s talk about it when the time comes :-)

In my experience the keyless of the 324 is solid. Yours should be similar. I’m going to start a similarly complex project soon, attempting to marry my PPF case with the clone 324C. No comparison to your beauty there of course.

Comment

PF 5712 just popped up on Trusty, might be worth looking into?

Comment

https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=22009

Comment

I’d be interested in more info...but not for $8.8k lol

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

The PF 5712 just from viewing trusty's pictures has multiple problems such as subdial positioning problems (which are probably limits because of the movement they created), color of the moon phase's stars and moon (gold instead of silver on the blue and grey dial variants), thickness is 10.5 instead of 8.5mm of the gen, and the movement decorative plate is comically bad looking.

But that all said this is PFs V1 they can only improve from here, and since this is a dream watch for me and I will still be buying one after Andrew puts out his video of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DerpyOfficer View Post
                                The PF 5712 just from viewing trusty's pictures has multiple problems such as subdial positioning problems (which are probably limits because of the movement they created), color of the moon phase's stars and moon (gold instead of silver on the blue and grey dial variants), thickness is 10.5 instead of 8.5mm of the gen, and the movement decorative plate is comically bad looking.

But that all said this is PFs V1 they can only improve from here, and since this is a dream watch for me and I will still be buying one after Andrew puts out his video of it.
                                are you going to buy the pf v1 despite all the faults you just said?

Comment

Working...
                                X