• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken Patek 5712 Project

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
This is probably the most ambitious project I've seen thus far. Can't wait to see the outcome jptrosch

You and me both. The guy who sold it to me was adamant it couldn't be fixed, and so were the first two watchmakers that looked at it. It's nice to see it finally come together - even if it's not going to be 1:1 perfect.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
You and me both. The guy who sold it to me was adamant it couldn't be fixed, and so were the first two watchmakers that looked at it. It's nice to see it finally come together - even if it's not going to be 1:1 perfect.

It's so satisfying to see this watch come together she is a down right beauty, but I bet it's even more satisfying to prove the seller and other watchmakers wrong! A "can't happen" will never stop someone who's truly passionate! Keep it up!

Reactions: jptrosch

Bendori

2/5/16

How much has it cost you so far brother?

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
I have been stalking this thread for a while now looking for updates. Any news for us? :)
Crazy build mate, can't wait to see the rest of it!

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
I have been stalking this thread for a while now looking for updates. Any news for us? :)
Crazy build mate, can't wait to see the rest of it!

Thanks, man. I'm just waiting for the correct rotor to arrive and then I'll send everything to my watchmaker for assembly.

I'm still waiting to see if I can get my hands on a set of 5712 hour and minute hands, but in the meantime we're going to try modifying 5711 hands.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Thanks, man. I'm just waiting for the correct rotor to arrive and then I'll send everything to my watchmaker for assembly.

I'm still waiting to see if I can get my hands on a set of 5712 hour and minute hands, but in the meantime we're going to try modifying 5711 hands.

don't gen 5711 and 5712 use the same hands?

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
don't gen 5711 and 5712 use the same hands?

They're the same except for the hole sizes, which are larger on the 5711. My watchmaker can make the holes smaller, but it may be less than seamless.

jptrosch

Supporter
Certified
9/10/18
[mention]jptrosch [/mention] any updates please?

Nothing much to report. I sent the rest of the parts to my watchmaker last week, and he confirmed receipt this past Monday. I'm guessing he'll update me once the modifications to the case are done, but beyond that it's just a matter of waiting at this point.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was able to get ahold of the gen 5712 hour and minute hands, so the only thing non-gen about the watch will be the case and bracelet.

Last edited: