• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Aquanaut second hand issue

FK1million

9/8/18
Hi Guys

I have just got hold of a ZF Aquanaut and there is an issue with the second hand, the watch does not wind and on the odd occasion I can get the second hand moving by giving it a tap, it stops after a few seconds.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if there were able to fix it.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Sounds like some issue with the movement. Sorry I cannot be more helpful, but those symptoms sound like power reserve problems.

Reactions: FK1million

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Can you manually wind? Or is it the automatic module? See the caseback and check if it rotates freely to both directions.. if it seems stuck, maybe the caseback was screwed in too tight

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Does the second hand stop at the same spot on the dial? If so, it could be rubbing against the crystal or a marker.

FK1million

9/8/18
Can you manually wind? Or is it the automatic module? See the caseback and check if it rotates freely to both directions.. if it seems stuck, maybe the caseback was screwed in too tight

Its an automatic which I wind to get it going if you know what I mean? caseback is fixed onto the watch and does not rotate but I thought the caseback is not supposed to rotate and should be fixed on?

FK1million

9/8/18
Does the second hand stop at the same spot on the dial? If so, it could be rubbing against the crystal or a marker.

Yes when I have got the watch going it will do one full sweep and then always stop at either 7 or 8, however it is not even moving at the moment.

Thanks for your replies

kryckan13

Renowned Member
25/6/17
Sweden
You can try to losen the case back a bit. It sounds like the seconds hand is touching the crystal.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Its an automatic which I wind to get it going if you know what I mean? caseback is fixed onto the watch and does not rotate but I thought the caseback is not supposed to rotate and should be fixed on?
I meant the gold thing that swings around when you see through the caseback, but based on what you just described, i agree the second hand might be rubbing on the crystal

FK1million

9/8/18
I am having someone local to me look at it next week so will suggest second hand sticking to crystal to him. I will update this thread with the issue once its found.