• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 5205G-013 Annual Calendar Review

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
All flaws aside this is still a piece worth acquiring. It has a great presence and wears well​​​​​​.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I really enjoyed this piece today. Despite that I have many watches I enjoy this the most. Elegant and refreshing blue dial. Perfect with the black shiny strap as Patek made it to be.
20200103-235621.jpg

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I received the dark blue crocodile strap from ABP today. I will take some pics of it when the deployant clasp arrives!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Argghh, lately I've been craving for a blue dial watch. I have the Daytona, PP Nautilus in mind and then I saw this. AND now I think this would be my TOP 1 ......

There’s something special about owning an annual calendar mate. It’s not just the tradition and history but also a special feeling to wear it. Appreciate it shows it not with hands but date apertures. And the blue-black dial really is lifted by a shiny black strap.
Taste is off course individual. But I’ve had a Rolex (not Daytona) and I have a Nautilus. And I must say. None come close to a complicated Patek like this annual calendar.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
There’s something special about owning an annual calendar mate. It’s not just the tradition and history but also a special feeling to wear it. Appreciate it shows it not with hands but date apertures. And the blue-black dial really is lifted by a shiny black strap.
Taste is off course individual. But I’ve had a Rolex (not Daytona) and I have a Nautilus. And I must say. None come close to a complicated Patek like this annual calendar.

Well said bro. I'm going to place an order soon, but still looking for this 5726 in Blue Dial as well.

In this 5205 the quick tell only for me is the date as it looks like it has this mini crystal right? Can you share more shots in the wild?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Well said bro. I'm going to place an order soon, but still looking for this 5726 in Blue Dial as well.

In this 5205 the quick tell only for me is the date as it looks like it has this mini crystal right? Can you share more shots in the wild?

Yeah it has the mini crystal in the date aperture. They should have used a date wheel with bigger font. Probably would’ve required them to make one just for this watch why they didn’t to spare expenses. Just a guess.
It is the biggest flaw in this watch and it isn’t that visible.

multi photo hosting

Reactions: SuperBatman

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Yeah it has the mini crystal in the date aperture. They should have used a date wheel with bigger font. Probably would’ve required them to make one just for this watch why they didn’t to spare expenses. Just a guess.
It is the biggest flaw in this watch and it isn’t that visible.

multi photo hosting

Alright those pictures really convinced me to get one hehe. Thank you for your awesome review again =) anyway, I notice that FRIday is not that well centered? More on the right side. Am I right? Or It's just the angle?

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Alright those pictures really convinced me to get one hehe. Thank you for your awesome review again =) anyway, I notice that FRIday is not that well centered? More on the right side. Am I right? Or It's just the angle?

Thanks. You’re welcome. I think in mine some of the days and months are not perfect aligned. You will have to look our for that. Not a big deal but some are better than others.