• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 5205G-013 Annual Calendar Review

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I contacted Watchfinder. The Patek deployant clasps he has are not stamped or engraved with the Patek logo and markings.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I contacted Watchfinder. The Patek deployant clasps he has are not stamped or engraved with the Patek logo and markings.

When I wanted to order a patek 5130 he offered me to order a deokiyant with Patek logo on the buckle and engraving on the clasp of the deployant for 25usd extra. Maybe he only sell them with a watch.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I ordered the 5205G blue dial. Waiting for QC pics. Any advice what to look out for JM?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I got the QC pics in! Could use some help though.

The dots at 6 o'clock seem misaligned. Reject or is this pretty standard on this model rep?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
12 o'clock dots seem misaligned as well but not as bad as 6 o'clock dot.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I got the QC pics in! Could use some help though.

The dots at 6 o'clock seem misaligned. Reject or is this pretty standard on this model rep?

Jesus what’s going on with that marker lmao.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I rejected it. Waiting for a new one...will post pics if I need help with QC. Thanks

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Ok I rejected it. Waiting for a new one...will post pics if I need help with QC. Thanks

Mate you should ask them to correct the marker at 6. They can easily do that. This watch has so beautifully aligned date complications! I'm amazed by that.You rarely find them so well aligned. It's difficult to find one with so well aligned date, day and month!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Mate you should ask them to correct the marker at 6. They can easily do that. This watch has so beautifully aligned date complications! I'm amazed by that.You rarely find them so well aligned. It's difficult to find one with so well aligned date, day and month!

Oh no! Really!? Are you certain Puretime can fix that so easily?? I was worried they would mess something else up by doing that.

I will email them back and see what they say about fixing the hour marker at 6 o'clock.

What about the 12 o'clock hour markers? Acceptable or should I ask them to adjust?

Thanks JM

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Oh no! Really!? Are you certain Puretime can fix that so easily?? I was worried they would mess something else up by doing that.

I will email them back and see what they say about fixing the hour marker at 6 o'clock.

What about the 12 o'clock hour markers? Acceptable or should I ask them to adjust?

Thanks JM

IMO the 12 marker is okay. It's not perfect but such a small misalignment is not something I would have rejected it for. For me these perfectly aligned date complications are more important. The 6 marker they should be able to fix.
I had the same issue with an otherwise perfect Rolex (at another TD). They fixed it and I accepted.
i dont know if puretime will just find another watch for you.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
They must have not read my email asking them if they could fix the 6 o'clock hour marker and sent it back for a new one!

It's my fault for sending the first email rejecting it though. But I sent them an email asking if they could fix the 6 o'clock hour marker just a few minutes later.

Now I'm waiting again for another one and who knows if it will have such perfectly aligned date windows. We shall see.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
They must have not read my email asking them if they could fix the 6 o'clock hour marker and sent it back for a new one!

It's my fault for sending the first email rejecting it though. But I sent them an email asking if they could fix the 6 o'clock hour marker just a few minutes later.

Now I'm waiting again for another one and who knows if it will have such perfectly aligned date windows. We shall see.

Oh mate. That's a shame. Hope you get one with good aligned date complications.