• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 5205G-013 Annual Calendar Review

deadbarney

Horology Curious
28/4/21
UK
That would be a big leap forward for this watch. These models including the 5726 has this deep lying date wheel, which is a cosmetic issue. Other than that they are great reps. I really loved this rep because of the color combi. White metal / blue-black gradient dial is really nice. Many strap options too.

I've just had the rose gold GRF version (5205R-001) delivered from Trusty, and while I don't want to speak too soon, it appears to have a proper working moon phase dial - it's definitely NOT a day/night indicator. From the quick test I did advancing the hands through a few days it looks like the moon dial increments a small step every 24 hours at around midnight. This was a most welcome bonus based on what I was expecting!

Reactions: KJ2020

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I've just had the rose gold GRF version (5205R-001) delivered from Trusty, and while I don't want to speak too soon, it appears to have a proper working moon phase dial - it's definitely NOT a day/night indicator. From the quick test I did advancing the hands through a few days it looks like the moon dial increments a small step every 24 hours at around midnight. This was a most welcome bonus based on what I was expecting!

That sounds interesting, definitely! Which version did you order (link?). There are several versions of the GRF.

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
It was clearly moving when he set the time...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
just stumbled upon this thread and had a thorough read..... very informative and super helpful.
So much good information and such a beautiful watch design by Patek and not a bad effort from GRF on the rep.

InTime link - no V2 mentioned in title and cheaper ?

Trusty lists the V2 here : and also $30 USD more.

So i'm thinking this V2 is the updated version with working moonphase ?
Does anyone know if V2 still has a 20mm lug width - earlier in the thread @jm_brc_7057 confirmed he measured 20m at lugs and 18mm at buckle on the 2019 release.

Anyone purchased a V2 lately that can share their experience.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The V2 has a lot of the same visual flaws as the V1: sunken datewheel, wrong date font, very deep rehaut, wrong design of the moon phase disc etc.
I’m not sure if the moon phase is functional or not.

Reactions: Teamjlf

YellingYellowLlama

Known Member
12/3/18
Hi. Did anyone get the V2? I keep reading posts like @deadbarney 's above claiming it has a functional moon phase but it really doesn't seem to be the case. The moon phase disk even has both 🌙 and ☀️ symbols, which would make no sense on an actual moon phase and suggest it's a day/night indicator.

deadbarney

Horology Curious
28/4/21
UK
Where are you looking? Mine was from Trusty - a couple of years ago now, so no idea if it's still available. It most definitely has a working moon phase rather than a day/night indicator.

DucatiDrew

Looking Around
18/7/22
California, USA
just stumbled upon this thread and had a thorough read..... very informative and super helpful.
So much good information and such a beautiful watch design by Patek and not a bad effort from GRF on the rep.

InTime link - no V2 mentioned in title and cheaper ?

Trusty lists the V2 here : and also $30 USD more.

So i'm thinking this V2 is the updated version with working moonphase ?
Does anyone know if V2 still has a 20mm lug width - earlier in the thread @jm_brc_7057 confirmed he measured 20m at lugs and 18mm at buckle on the 2019 release.

Anyone purchased a V2 lately that can share their experience.
Just purchased my Patek 5205 from InTime....awaiting QC pics since 10/31/23 (I know...American style dates) and will post for feedback. Their website still does not delineate whether V1 or V2 so will be interesting when I provide a response and ask clarification. Being this late in the game and that they had to go to the factory as had none on hand should be the V2 I would think. Stay tuned and will really appreciate comments on the QC pics I post in near future

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I’ve been hoping for the last year that they will release one with the movement they use for the 5726 ppf and the 5396 reps. It would require mods to the movement but the rep if made by ppf would be better quality I think.

Reactions: JonathanLing91