• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 5205G-013 Annual Calendar Review

joannestiers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
I have been thinking a lot lately about getting this watch for my collection. It is not cheap but beautiful. However I have been warned by one of our TD that they have decided not to sell it anymore due to the complicated datewheel that has caused them multiple problems. Any problems with that?

For the 5205, Trusty and Puretime can get it for you and they're working great.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
These new ones appear to be GRF. InTime has them out: https://www.intime05.co/patek-philip...trap-a324.html

Yeah. It looks like the reviewed GRF. I can’t see any difference.
Moon/stars are wrong shape and colour (should be white). Rehaut is too deep compared to gen. Date wheel with same issues.

I don’t understand this re-launch.

One interesting thing is; it says in the description it’s ‘plated stainless steel’ on the white metal version. So what does that mean? Is it white gold or rhodium plated?

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Yeah. It looks like the reviewed GRF. I can’t see any difference.
Moon/stars are wrong shape and colour (should be white). Rehaut is too deep compared to gen. Date wheel with same issues.

I don’t understand this re-launch.

One interesting thing is; it says in the description it’s ‘plated stainless steel’ on the white metal version. So what does that mean? Is it white gold or rhodium plated?

That plated description could well be copy and paste
let me ask my TD on what's changed

witchywatch423

Horology Curious
2/7/19
I have had to RL 3 of these in the past 2 weeks because every one has obscenely obvious missapplication of the hour markers. 12 o'clock, 3 and 9 have been consistently crooked! I really don't know what to think at this point. Any thoughts?

Edit/PS: I love the review, thank you so much!

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I have had to RL 3 of these in the past 2 weeks because every one has obscenely obvious missapplication of the hour markers. 12 o'clock, 3 and 9 have been consistently crooked! I really don't know what to think at this point. Any thoughts?

Edit/PS: I love the review, thank you so much!

Usually the errors are with alignment of the font in date complications. Shouldn’t be a problem with hour markers. Should be possible to find a watch with aligned hour markers.

tanq811

Horology Curious
2/12/19
I have been thinking a lot lately about getting this watch for my collection. It is not cheap but beautiful. However I have been warned by one of our TD that they have decided not to sell it anymore due to the complicated datewheel that has caused them multiple problems. Any problems with that?

You’re right bro. I think GRF really has the problem with this model. This watch looks beautiful tho, even of some big flaws but i still accepted it until this morning, the crown comes off while I adjusted the time. I only used this watch casually. Btw, can someone tell me that this issue is easy to fix.

Many thanks

Reactions: SuperBatman

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
You’re right bro. I think GRF really has the problem with this model. This watch looks beautiful tho, even of some big flaws but i still accepted it until this morning, the crown comes off while I adjusted the time. I only used this watch casually. Btw, can someone tell me that this issue is easy to fix.

Many thanks

Open the caseback. Then press the stem release pusher, it's a small "dot". Take out the stem. Then you should be able to screw back the crown onto the stem.

I reckon the problem for you would be to open the caseback. You would need to be able to do that with a case knife.

tanq811

Horology Curious
2/12/19
Open the caseback. Then press the stem release pusher, it's a small "dot". Take out the stem. Then you should be able to screw back the crown onto the stem.

I reckon the problem for you would be to open the caseback. You would need to be able to do that with a case knife.

Thanks Bro for your advice

Hacin

30/1/20
This watch caught my eye while browsing and here I find out you have reviewed this watch. Your reviews and your taste in watches are impeccable as always.

MSC_77

18/10/20
Thanks for the great review. Really enjoyed reading!

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Thanks buddy.

I've owned the black grey dial version and sold it without measuring the lugs and tang, thanks for the strap info as Tds get it wrong and there's no threads to my knowledge that lists lugs / tangs per patek model,
past experience has taught me complications are normally 20mm and 18mm tang . I've 2 gen patek straps brown and black 21mm and 16mm in blisters , wasted on this model

thanks for the review, and confirmed my disappointment, 21mm and 16mm ahhh

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
[mention]jm_brc_7057 [/mention] thank you for this awesome review. I always enjoy reading the reviews you write and this one was no exception. Given that GRF has released a working moonphase for the 5726 im hoping we may see an updated version with a working moonphase soon *fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
[mention]jm_brc_7057 [/mention] thank you for this awesome review. I always enjoy reading the reviews you write and this one was no exception. Given that GRF has released a working moonphase for the 5726 im hoping we may see an updated version with a working moonphase soon *fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a big leap forward for this watch. These models including the 5726 has this deep lying date wheel, which is a cosmetic issue. Other than that they are great reps. I really loved this rep because of the color combi. White metal / blue-black gradient dial is really nice. Many strap options too.

Reactions: JonathanLing91