• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Called out for wearing a REP PP??

Drew01

3/7/12
I currently work form home have my own business - but currently interviewing for a second job which is a B2B sales position. I will be working directly with CEO's/CFO's and a lot of other successful individuals. its more so THESE sort of people that im worried about talking about a 5711. How embarrassing meeting with a CEO, striking up a conversation about my timepiece and "oh yeah... this? its a replica".... yeah

let's put it that way... If you have a (Legend )5711 build where you have a polished/thinned down/ PPF/PF hybrid with aligned markers, amazing lume/DW etc... don't worry not a single person on earth would be able to tell you anything while having the watch on your wrist, you can be 100% confident about it.
Now, if someone ask you to take the watch off your wrist (risk of seeing fake movement) you can simply refuse and say you don't want to take any risk of damaging it (especially for a potential 60-70k$ watch).

I've been in a private dinner with a CEO of a HUGE luxury watch brand while wearing a JF 15400 V2 (he was the friend of a friend and I wasn't aware of his presence). Ended up having nothing but compliment. Simply because no polite person would take your wrist and inspect your watch.

Don't worry about it, just never take it off your wrist, and be confident.

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
I currently work form home have my own business - but currently interviewing for a second job which is a B2B sales position. I will be working directly with CEO's/CFO's and a lot of other successful individuals. its more so THESE sort of people that im worried about talking about a 5711. How embarrassing meeting with a CEO, striking up a conversation about my timepiece and "oh yeah... this? its a replica".... yeah

I work for a multinational with an open plan office. I quite literally sit next to the CEO who rocks an Apple watch and have another director (who alternates between his gen PP and a Rolex) diagonally across from me.

Noone cares. Noone is going to ask you if its real. You're overthinking it.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
is this a troll quote? haha I cant tell. If it isn't, please elaborate because im curious to your reasons

It was a genuine point, beautifully wrapped in a troll post. The genuine point is that people will either believe it's Gen (or not) based on you and how you act. If you're wracked will self doubt, as appears to be the case, you've got no chance. My personal way of dealing with is if I were to get asked if it was real, I'd say no. In fact, that exactly scenario happened once. Sadly the guy who I told it was fake didn't believe me - he grabbed my wrist, held the watch up at weird angles and proclaimed that I was shitting him. Which kind of proves the point that it's the person that carries off the watch, not the other way around.

GingerBubba

24/10/17

How about, "It's actually a high quality replica. The price of the Gen is now £X which is ridiculous for what is, at the end of the day, a very simple, steel watch; it's impossible for me to justify such an overspend. Much like my business - we offer a premium service at a more reasonable price....."

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
How about, "It's actually a high quality replica. The price of the Gen is now £X which is ridiculous for what is, at the end of the day, a very simple, steel watch; it's impossible for me to justify such an overspend. Much like my business - we offer a premium service at a more reasonable price....."

I actually really like this response. I couldn't lie and say its real if someone asked me if it was, but this is actually a great conversational piece.

gnoelkered

Known Member
4/6/19
let's put it that way... If you have a (Legend )5711 build where you have a polished/thinned down/ PPF/PF hybrid with aligned markers, amazing lume/DW etc... don't worry not a single person on earth would be able to tell you anything while having the watch on your wrist, you can be 100% confident about it.
Now, if someone ask you to take the watch off your wrist (risk of seeing fake movement) you can simply refuse and say you don't want to take any risk of damaging it (especially for a potential 60-70k$ watch).

I've been in a private dinner with a CEO of a HUGE luxury watch brand while wearing a JF 15400 V2 (he was the friend of a friend and I wasn't aware of his presence). Ended up having nothing but compliment. Simply because no polite person would take your wrist and inspect your watch.

Don't worry about it, just never take it off your wrist, and be confident.

I second the Legend build. Loving my 5711 even more after it left his magical hands. :)

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I actually really like this response. I couldn't lie and say its real if someone asked me if it was, but this is actually a great conversational piece.
I'm not just a pretty-faced troll! And I am available for hire for B2B sales work. At the right price.
​​​​

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Don't worry about GB consulting fees, you can pay him in peanuts

Reactions: Tgz

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Confidence and attitude.

That’s what allows you to pull off any watch, rep or gen. I have no problem pulling off $100k watches at events. Or beat up g shocks at the beach. Or anything in between.

It’s simple really, just believe you can, and you can. It’s not about what car you drive or where you live. A watch is an extension of sorts for the owner and it serves only to please the owner. I do not care what the world thinks of my watch, and I’ve never been called out or questioned for any watch I wear.
If I can, then you can. Don’t worry too much about being called out or what others think. Gen is gen and rep can look gen too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm in my fifties and no one is going to question whether or not I'm wearing a fake watch, so I'd probably get away with it... if it weren't for my wife, who will announce that we're both wearing fake watches, whenever she gets the opportunity. Even when no one has expressed the slightest interest in our watches.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Confidence and attitude.

That’s what allows you to pull off any watch, rep or gen. I have no problem pulling off $100k watches at events. Or beat up g shocks at the beach. Or anything in between.

It’s simple really, just believe you can, and you can. It’s not about what car you drive or where you live. A watch is an extension of sorts for the owner and it serves only to please the owner. I do not care what the world thinks of my watch, and I’ve never been called out or questioned for any watch I wear.
If I can, then you can. Don’t worry too much about being called out or what others think. Gen is gen and rep can look gen too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please can someone STICKY this very post for all the immature insecure members around here !!! So we won’t see this kind of thread again...

Reactions: PlastikMan

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Particularly, wearing gen or rep depend on how your attitute and life style. People will not call it out unless jerks and jealousies are trying to pull it and moking about it. If u worry about people thinking, just buy the regular watch fiting your life style, like rolex datejust or something. I like patek naul and aqua. But maybe not right now unless i got to better position. I feel like it does suit me yet. Hope this help you. But remember even AD sometimes they are not even know what rep and gen. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I'm in my fifties and no one is going to question whether or not I'm wearing a fake watch, so I'd probably get away with it... if it weren't for my wife, who will announce that we're both wearing fake watches, whenever she gets the opportunity. Even when no one has expressed the slightest interest in our watches.

I think this should be the sticky instead.

Reactions: p0pperini and Tgz