• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 Franken build questions.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Hey guys,

Ive spent too many hours researching this, probably coming up close to 40 hours lol. I’m wanting to build my own white dial 5711 super rep and need some of your help as I’m starting to get confused with all this info.

everyone seems to love the PPF for white dial, but the bezel thickness and protruding crown are dead giveaways and I see those as being more difficult to mod. As far as measurements go, it seems that PF or Mk6 have more accurate measurements to gen.

I'm thinking of starting with With the PF watch and modding the date window and looking at a relume. There also isn’t a ton of info on what the PF v2 has upgraded so far so I’m not sure how accurate that dial is compared to mk6.

Any advice or help is super appreciated - especially if you’ve gone down the franken route. thanks!

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
And let me get this out of the way... I realize the movement is a huge tell and that’s not going to change. So maybe not trying to get to “super rep” status, but looks close to gen when on wrist...

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
PF base watch + bracelet with PPF dial + movement.

If you want icing on your cream - add a custom DWO but that is not entirely necessary as some newer PPFs come with a bolder date font and a thinner one is also accurate for certain gen batches.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Forget about the PF dial as it is pure garbage compared to PPFs "masterpiece".

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
PF base watch + bracelet with PPF dial + movement.

If you want icing on your cream - add a custom DWO but that is not entirely necessary as some newer PPFs come with a bolder date font and a thinner one is also accurate for certain gen batches.

awesome.. I appreciate it man. thats sort of what I was thinking here. DWO isn't going to drive me nuts so ill prob keep PPF.

The PF case is a bit thicker than PPF - do you think its worth it to get the case slimmed down?

Also, is lume on hour indicators/hands better on PF or PPF and is there a way to get PPF dial sourced so I don't have to buy the whole watch just for a dial?

Thanks,
TG

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The PPF dial and hands can be bought separately. A hybrid PPF/PF plus the PPF DWO is the best option IMO. Thinning is optional. There's several threads on these mods, check out Mr.Marbella thread.

Reactions: Tgz

Drew01

3/7/12
Hey guys,

Ive spent too many hours researching this, probably coming up close to 40 hours lol. I’m wanting to build my own white dial 5711 super rep and need some of your help as I’m starting to get confused with all this info.

everyone seems to love the PPF for white dial, but the bezel thickness and protruding crown are dead giveaways and I see those as being more difficult to mod. As far as measurements go, it seems that PF or Mk6 have more accurate measurements to gen.

I'm thinking of starting with With the PF watch and modding the date window and looking at a relume. There also isn’t a ton of info on what the PF v2 has upgraded so far so I’m not sure how accurate that dial is compared to mk6.

Any advice or help is super appreciated - especially if you’ve gone down the franken route. thanks!
TBH, if you want to best 5711 possible,legend is your guy. He is just a master at what he does, and he will put you a 5711 together as close as a genuine.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
You can source a gen dial which is what I did, I used a PF case, keylog datewheel and ppf hands.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Drew01 does he build and sell these watches or will he just do the work on them when you get everything you need?

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
sn95 nice man. I don’t wanna go the gen dial for the sake of $, I think ppf will be the way I go. Do you have any pics of your finished product?

Drew01

3/7/12
Drew01 does he build and sell these watches or will he just do the work on them when you get everything you need?

It's better that you sent him everything. But for exemple you can buy watch and directly have it send from seller to him.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
It's better that you sent him everything. But for exemple you can buy watch and directly have it send from seller to him.

Im chatting with him now. Dude seems like a God send. Thanks man.

Akra

11/1/17
Since I've had about a dozen people message me for this build;

I've contacted Puretime, Intime, Toro and trusty, all of them claimed to get the parts for around 100USD (dial + hands).

I bought the PPF datewheel, but Mr Marbella got the PF datewheel and I can't see any difference.

Sent the lot to a Dutch watchmaker and less then a week later it was on my wrist. So big finger to PP with their decade-long waitinglists.

Good luck building everyone.
d734322dd662babeff31540f98503b59.jpg

Rayquaza

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/1/19
pppf really needs to fix the bezel and the crown to obtain something potable.

Reactions: gilrob