• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does anyone like vintage Patek?

lepetitamericain

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/19
dacc56f9c0f9bb119b32190fa3cec3e2.jpg

The bezel in the making :)

Reactions: BIONONE

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
I don’t mean to take away from ubis beautiful builds though. This is his thread, I just felt inclined to share my project in here as it made me finally pull the trigger to start the process. I’ll make a dedicated thread with a build report and upgrades soon :)

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
thank you for sharing. interesting and fascinating and let me say fine craftsmanship too.
i own an old 3468 but really don't dare tinker with any of my watches.

Reactions: lepetitamericain

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
I don’t mean to take away from ubis beautiful builds though. This is his thread, I just felt inclined to share my project in here as it made me finally pull the trigger to start the process. I’ll make a dedicated thread with a build report and upgrades soon :)

you've definitely added to the pleasure of the thread with your amazing work too ! i'm always in awe of folks like you two.

alfonzo

25/7/19
Inspiration indeed! As new modder well new to horology this is a wonderful expression of art that has opened my eyes past the franken. Thank you for sharing this.

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
wow..what a thread.
One must appreciate the process for these beautiful pieces to be made.
Wear them in good health and wishing you to enjoy them as much as possible.

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
Awesome mate. I wouldn't even know where to start. Great work. You must be a engineer or architect or something to be able to do these.

It’s just self-taught knowledge and practice really. Thank you for your kind words :)

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
you've definitely added to the pleasure of the thread with your amazing work too ! i'm always in awe of folks like you two.

Thank you! :)
It’s very gratifying to do a build like that from scratch and even more personal than doing a franken build. My 6263 Daytona gives me a lot of pleasure too in that regard. Reminds me that I wanted to make a thread about that project long ago and should sit down and finally do it haha

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Please, by all means feel free to post your vintage Pateks here! This is not just my thread; rather, I would love for this to be a continuation of all things vintage PPCo! :)

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
Please, by all means feel free to post your vintage Pateks here! This is not just my thread; rather, I would love for this to be a continuation of all things vintage PPCo! :)

I love that! Let’s make this the vintage Patek project compendium!

Here’s an update to the dial making progress:

14caaa67e819139b5d81d7a17c50caf5.jpg

I will be back during the week with photos of the machining! :-D

Last edited:
Reactions: Malik321

lepetitamericain

INMATE
6/3/19
Put me down as a customer when the time comes mate. You obviously love what you’re doing and have a passion for it. Who wouldn’t support that?

That’s really quite flattering, thanks a lot!
Let’s see how this one turns out and maybe - with the blessings of the mods - I’ll be able to offer custom made cases / bezels and dials in the future. I’m stocking up on equipment and machines at the moment.