• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REVIEW: Patek Philippe 5070P Saatchi London Limited Edition Chronograph.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
That PP is beautiful.
Might have to get one and get the same easy mods.

FYI when I researched the watch I found out that there is a Tiffany Version out there.
Cheap too

https://www.chrono24.com/patekphili...70-retailed-by-tiffany-amp-co--id14544803.htm

Haha yeah, it certainly is. Patek Chronographs in platinum always have a limited production run and rise insanely in value. It's the same with the 5975P, which is more than double its retail in 5 years time. While the G, J and R versions haven't gone much up. Some versions fall a little. Interesting. And the double signed rise insanely.
The one in the review is a further limited edition, that you can't even get your hands on, as there were only produced around 5 of them.

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
Thanks for the info, I have still my quotation from Tim but I guess I will wait a bit that this crazy situation calm down.
It has been enough up and down lately with TDs, I don't have the time nor the will to fight with transport right now...

I have a nautilus that was sent back to the seller a few days ago and Tim explained the current transport situation on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/gfp7cq/shipping_madness_fifo_vs_filo/
Its kinda roulette russe to be honest.

Let us know when you get your watch!

I have received my watch and overall it is a well made and beautiful watch. I think they have corrected few things, chrono hand is already painted white and AR coating seems okay, not perfect but not that bad. But may be it was like this because I ordered black version and jm_brc_7057 ordered blue. It is slightly thicker 13mm with glass but doesn't feel much because of stepped bezel.

Regarding AR coating, does slaughterer62 put a new glass with AR coating or just applied the AR coating on existing. Also, only inner side AR coated or both.

And here are some pictures :D

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
It is really a beautiful piece! Good news that you got it within a reasonnable timeframe.
Enjoy it!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I have received my watch and overall it is a well made and beautiful watch. I think they have corrected few things, chrono hand is already painted white and AR coating seems okay, not perfect but not that bad. But may be it was like this because I ordered black version and jm_brc_7057 ordered blue. It is slightly thicker 13mm with glass but doesn't feel much because of stepped bezel.

Regarding AR coating, does slaughterer62 put a new glass with AR coating or just applied the AR coating on existing. Also, only inner side AR coated or both.

double post

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Congrats buddy :) it's looking good. It's prof's 2xAR coating on both sides of the crystal. You can read about the coating etc on the supporting vendor site. Prof Steve is a supporting vendor.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I really like coming to this review thread. The owner/OP is a great PP connoisseur and writes insightfully about his projects. He was very patient with the process of getting his crystals processed. I removed the crystals, sent them to the USA for AR processing, and then re-installed them. It sounds easy, but sometimes it is a little difficult to remove and install these crystals as they are somewhat fragile and the gaskets very delicate, etc. Also, the processing time is based on batch submission and can vary from a few weeks to a few months, although Prof is very quick usually, and great to work with. I have been working with Prof for years, and I think his AR is one of the best AR coatings I have seen.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I really like coming to this review thread. The owner/OP is a great PP connoisseur and writes insightfully about his projects. He was very patient with the process of getting his crystals processed. I removed the crystals, sent them to the USA for AR processing, and then re-installed them. It sounds easy, but sometimes it is a little difficult to remove and install these crystals as they are somewhat fragile and the gaskets very delicate, etc. Also, the processing time is based on batch submission and can vary from a few weeks to a few months, although Prof is very quick usually, and great to work with. I have been working with Prof for years, and I think his AR is one of the best AR coatings I have seen.

Thanks for the comment! I can certainly recommend the work of slaughterer62. The watches were done skilfully.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
Congrats buddy :) it's looking good. It's prof's 2xAR coating on both sides of the crystal. You can read about the coating etc on the supporting vendor site. Prof Steve is a supporting vendor.

Thank you so much for the info.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea

Thank you so much for the detail explanation. How can I discuss with you regarding my watch. Should I PM you here or can I have your email address.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Hello,

May I ask if yours chronograph function working? The button at 4 o'clock seems not working for me.

The button at 4 is reset. You activate the chronograph hand by pushing the pusher at 2. Then stop it again with the pusher at 2. Reset the hand to zero with pusher at 4. Pusher at 4 doesn’t do anything unless resetting the hand after it has been stopped.

Reactions: joannestiers

joannestiers

4/5/20
The button at 4 is reset. You activate the chronograph hand by pushing the pusher at 2. Then stop it again with the pusher at 2. Reset the hand to zero with pusher at 4. Pusher at 4 doesn’t do anything unless resetting the hand after it has been stopped.

Thanks bro, seems that my watch has something wrong, it does not work like that.