• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REVIEW: Patek Philippe 5070P Saatchi London Limited Edition Chronograph.

shaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/20
South Korea
Then i haven't measured it. I remember to have measured it at one point i if i recall correct it wasn't significantly off from the gen.

The black dial YG is nice (5070J). But the blak dial SS is a fantasy rep.

Actually this watch is currently only available in white SS and black SS dial, other models are soldout. So, I ordered Black SS. What it means by fantasy rep?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Actually this watch is currently only available in white SS and black SS dial, other models are soldout. So, I ordered Black SS. What it means by fantasy rep?

It means that Patek Philippe don't make it in the combination white metal with black dial. In black dial they only make it with yellowgold case. In that case i would take the white dial SS if i were you. As they make the white dial SS (5070G). Google the references mate.

Last edited:

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
Qg2bi.jpg

It means that Patek Philippe don't make it in the combination white metal with black dial. In black dial they only make it with yellowgold case. In that case i would take the white dial SS if i were you. As they make the white dial SS (5070G). Google the references mate.

I thought this second from left is black dial and platinum case. Anyways, I don't care about fantasy rep of this model as long as it looks good. I just wish it will come with good quality and look beautiful. I will love it.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Qg2bi.jpg

I thought this second from left is black dial and platinum case. Anyways, I don't care about fantasy rep of this model as long as it looks good. I just wish it will come with good quality and look beautiful. I will love it.

That one is the 5070P. Dark blue dial. Good to hear. That’s what’s important.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaw

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France

FatPanda told me he could get it in blue and I have a quotation. Your comment makes me wonder if I should not also sit on this one and wait.
After the roller-coaster I got with the Skymoon, I am not sure if I want to try my chance a third time in a row and hold my breath about 300$.

Really, it seems you can't trust any TD about the availability of non mainstream product these days.
For me, it was a given that they could quickly check if a product is still available or not and be honest about it.
It's part of the trust you put in them by paying up-front the product.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
FatPanda told me he could get it in blue and I have a quotation. Your comment makes me wonder if I should not also sit on this one and wait.
After the roller-coaster I got with the Skymoon, I am not sure if I want to try my chance a third time in a row and hold my breath about 300$.

Really, it seems you can't trust any TD about the availability of non mainstream product these days.
For me, it was a given that they could quickly check if a product is still available or not and be honest about it.
It's part of the trust you put in them by paying up-front the product.

Unfortunately this is the case with pretty much all TDs, they are essentially brokers and don’t hold stock, so they rely on the information they get from their reps at the other end (in FatPandas case this is Dan). They can only give as good information as they get, which is often not very accurate.

I’ve known Tim @ WatchFinder a good number of years and will always buy through him if I possibly can. I can assure you if you pay and he then can’t get what you want he will
refund you so don’t worry!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Unfortunately this is the case with pretty much all TDs, they are essentially brokers and don’t hold stock, so they rely on the information they get from their reps at the other end (in FatPandas case this is Dan). They can only give as good information as they get, which is often not very accurate.

I’ve known Tim @ WatchFinder a good number of years and will always buy through him if I possibly can. I can assure you if you pay and he then can’t get what you want he will

DC

True. Agree on that. Same experience i've had.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
I have contacted many TDs and they said this watch is out of stock. Then Tim AKA Fatpanda told me that he can arrange in black SS and white SS but not blue. Two days ago he informed me that I will get QC pics in next 24-48 hours but didn't receive yet. I will wait day or two more if didn't receive then I will email him again to check the status. I will update you on this DamienV

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I have contacted many TDs and they said this watch is out of stock. Then Tim AKA Fatpanda told me that he can arrange in black SS and white SS but not blue. Two days ago he informed me that I will get QC pics in next 24-48 hours but didn't receive yet. I will wait day or two more if didn't receive then I will email him again to check the status. I will update you on this DamienV

He's probably busy. Relax buddy :)

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France

DC

What worries me is that Shaw got a "not available" not even a few days after I got a "yeah, no problem" from the same seller. Ultimately, I decided to hold it because I was really looking forward to the blue one.

For the refund part, to be honest, I had it both way lately:
- Perfect Clone was really difficult and slow and clearly buying time when it was clear he will not be able to get it. He pushed quite hard for me to switch with other products.
- JTime was very quick and efficient. It was the first time I tried this TD (quite new on the scene if I understand correctly) and he made a big impression. Next time I have to buy something I guess I will go with him even if its network may not be as great as older TD.

I hope you will get your watch Shaw, it seems to be a great piece for the price!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yeah probably, i am not bothering him next few days. I hope I will receive QC pics before asking for update.

I’ve bought several watches from Fat Panda. He always delivers. Sometimes it’s up and down but you will always get your watch in the end. When you are new you are more anxious and focus on each day that passes. When you have dozens of reps you won’t worry if a few weeks or a month passes. You get used to the procedure and have dozen others to wear.
But you will get your watch. If he can’t deliver it you will get a refund. As DC explained.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
I am not worried about losing money, i am worried about not getting this watch. If it was some other mainstream model like Nautilus, Aquanaut or AP RO. I wouldn't worried at all because I know every TD have these watches and many factories are manufacturing it. But this is a rare piece, and thanks to you and DC for writing a review of this watch. I just loved it and wanted it in many collection. I know he will refund me if he didn't get it or I will just order some other model because I just started in rep collecting hobby and I have a long list to consume. Infact this 5070 is my first rep order :)

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I am not worried about losing money, i am worried about not getting this watch. If it was some other mainstream model like Nautilus, Aquanaut or AP RO. I wouldn't worried at all because I know every TD have these watches and many factories are manufacturing it. But this is a rare piece, and thanks to you and DC for writing a review of this watch. I just loved it and wanted it in many collection. I know he will refund me if he didn't get it or I will just order some other model because I just started in rep collecting hobby and I have a long list to consume. Infact this 5070 is my first rep order :)

I see. I can correlate to that mate. I hope you get this particular watch. It really is a lovely piece. If not, you can try trustytime . I bought mine from him, maybe he still has it in stock.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
In order to enjoy these watches you gotta have a very extensive collection and good taste. I am still in the search of rep grails - when I am done searching, maybe I will come back to this thread and enjoy the pieces more. Thanks for the review

Reactions: SuperBatman

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
In order to enjoy these watches you gotta have a very extensive collection and good taste. I am still in the search of rep grails - when I am done searching, maybe I will come back to this thread and enjoy the pieces more. Thanks for the review

You are welcome. Yes, you need to explore what's out there. It's also about learning and developing what your taste is. Along the way i have bought reps that i eventually didn't like or wasn't my taste as it developed. And i have discovered what i do like. I am still learning that.
I have a upper limit on number of watches (gen + reps) that i can own at any time. That is as much my limited capacity in choosing what to wear any day, as to what collection size i find it makes sense to have for me (and wife's order haha). The goal for me with building my collection is to have pieces in it that i see as "untouchable", that i won't sell. And if i do it will be to upgrade for a better version (or a similar type gen). All other pieces are some that i flip when i find something else i want.

This development would not have been possible for me in the gen world at the same level. There would've been too many compromises of financial reasons obviously. Significantly more than have to be made in the rep world.The rep world gives you these opportunities and particularly RWI gives you that.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
I see. I can correlate to that mate. I hope you get this particular watch. It really is a lovely piece. If not, you can try trustytime . I bought mine from him, maybe he still has it in stock.

Received my QC pics today. Accepted it and hopefully will receive it in next couple of weeks. Thank you for your support :D

DamienV I asked Tim he said it is available in blue color too. If you are interested, I think you should go for it.

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Received my QC pics today. Accepted it and hopefully will receive it in next couple of weeks. Thank you for your support :D

DamienV I asked Tim he said it is available in blue color too. If you are interested, I think you should go for it.

Thanks for the info, I have still my quotation from Tim but I guess I will wait a bit that this crazy situation calm down.
It has been enough up and down lately with TDs, I don't have the time nor the will to fight with transport right now...

I have a nautilus that was sent back to the seller a few days ago and Tim explained the current transport situation on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/gfp7cq/shipping_madness_fifo_vs_filo/
Its kinda roulette russe to be honest.

Let us know when you get your watch!

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
Thanks for the info, I have still my quotation from Tim but I guess I will wait a bit that this crazy situation calm down.
It has been enough up and down lately with TDs, I don't have the time nor the will to fight with transport right now...

I have a nautilus that was sent back to the seller a few days ago and Tim explained the current transport situation on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/gfp7cq/shipping_madness_fifo_vs_filo/
Its kinda roulette russe to be honest.

Let us know when you get your watch!

Yes shipment and logistics are big issue in this situation. Sure, I will let you guys know and share pics.