• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 PPF or PF please help me identify

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
I brought this watch from local dealer but he not sure is it PF or PPF

i understand that it PPF but is it nor mal for date wheel that seem shift to left?

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Best way to tell is the markers, pf looks a little greenish ppf is slightly off white not Virgil off-white tho

daft772

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/19
Move to dw off center will keylog dw fix this problem?

The date is off center because the dial is shifted to the right. Look at the distance between the bezel and the dotted minute markers.
Take the bezel off by unscrewing the 4 screws, then you should be able to recenter the dial.

Of course, keylog dw will make it even better font, etc.

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
The date is off center because the dial is shifted to the right. Look at the distance between the bezel and the dotted minute markers.
Take the bezel off by unscrewing the 4 screws, then you should be able to recenter the dial.

Of course, keylog dw will make it even better font, etc.

It sound complicated is it possible to do this by normal watchsmith

Btw i still dont understand why do i need to take off bezel i thought dial mount with movement

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
OP even on Gens the date wheel is not perfectly centered. It's somewhat left Justified.
Also there is newer Gen versions with slim date font. So in my book the DW looks fine if you like the slim font. If not then there is SpongeBob DWO to fix that and center align the date wheel.

Usually Dial are attched to the Movement. But for these I think the dial feet go into the mid case itself.

daft772

28/5/19
It’s not that complicated. The dial is attached to the case not the movement, so it can be positioned independently.

Even if the date is “left justified” like other gens or whatever, your dial still isn’t centered.

Open the 4 screws, take off the bezel, use tweezers to push the dial centered but don’t scratch it. Then pot the bezel back on.

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
After i study structure of ppf it seem that dial fix with case Dose it mean that i need to make new hole to support dial feet ?

I still confuse part that you mention 4 screws do you have picture that locate exaclty location of screws?

thank you in advance

daft772

28/5/19
The 4 screws are located on the sides, 2 on the left and 2 on the right in those holes.

The dial is is fixed to the case by double stick tape at the 3 and 9 o’clock position. Carefully use a box cutter blade to lift and pry it up a bit. Careful not to go too high or you disrupt the hands.

The feet just just sit in the holes but there is room to move a bit. Ie reposition.

I know all of those because I did it myself.

daft772

28/5/19
After i study structure of ppf it seem that dial fix with case Dose it mean that i need to make new hole to support dial feet ?

I still confuse part that you mention 4 screws do you have picture that locate exaclty location of screws?

thank you in advance

PM sent