• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Nautilus 3800, cheap Nautilus alternatives and/or possible mods for the BP 3800?

Noahw

Looking Around
5/5/19
Hey all,

I am thinking about buying the BP 3800 with a black dial, however the date and the printing of 'PATEKPHILIPPE' instead of 'PATEK PHILIPPE' bothers me a bit. I was wondering, are there any other cheaper Nautilus replicas without the incorrect date font? I don't feel like spending 500 dollars on a PPF, that's what makes the 3800 made by BP so attractive, it's only 188 dollars.

Any possible mods I could do to that watch? Any modder who would be willing to help me for $? Are there other cheaper Nautilus replicas that don't have a shit date font?

Cheers,
Noah

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
To be honest - if you want to save on a nautilus rep it is going to be what it is - a cheap (non)alternative as a nautilus is the definition of fine details and meticulous finishing.

You could try to fit a gen 3800 dial into the BP and slap a custom printed DW into it... would it be worth it? No as the case and bracelet lack gen like finish and shape IMO...

Would it be fun to see how it will work out? I think so.

Are there other alternatives to a PPF ? yes, a PF with custom DWO, a MKF with custom DWO or one from DHgate ;)