• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thinking about making a Tiffany & Co. Stamp for Nautilus

pclaussen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/20
Could you explain for the rest of us??

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I just finished going through this and now I want mine modded but am not sure who to contact since cosmo is no longer here. I would message legend but not sure if he will shu me away saying I don't mod them

Reactions: XLR8R

jssph

Looking Around
6/5/21
I just finished going through this and now I want mine modded but am not sure who to contact since cosmo is no longer here. I would message legend but not sure if he will shu me away saying I don't mod them

Second this. Are there any other modders available that do this sort of thing_?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I have another reason to like this thread.

I grew up in the business and, to this day, many vintage luxury time pieces can be found with my name printed on the dial.

From time to time, I am approached by an auction house selling one of these watches looking to update their catalog info. I never thought much of it growing up but the Sterns (Patek) were family friends. They graciously hosted me and a friend when I was a vacationing college student. Rene Dentan (Rolex) was also a close friend with my dad and grandfather and I remember the Dentans visiting our house. Back in the day, everyone knew each other so it should be no surprise one of my college roommates was also from one of the oldest well known families in the business. His family name is also often seen on vintage time pieces. The stories we can share.

I got my first Rolex, a GMT, for eighth grade graduation. I lost it surfing on the South shore of Oahu. It was eventually found by a diver, after a year in the Pacific Ocean. It was returned by Governor Ariyoshi (Hawaii) because his wife owned a jewelry store in Honolulu and recognized my name engraved on the case. The photo of me receiving my (still running) watch back was used in Rolex advertising for a couple of years. Over the years, I received two more Rolex watches for graduation presents, the last one, a solid gold day date with diamonds, when I earned my doctorate. Unfortunately, none of them were cobranded although I do have a cobranded solid gold Omega that I am wearing as I type.

A final watch story. My father helped a US President get “his” Rolex after he had been turned down by Rolex. I have no idea why. Anyway, a photo was taken of my father presenting President Ford with his watch while my mom, sisters, and brother looked on. I was on a surfing trip and wasn’t there so a photo of me was “faked” into the photo (this was long before Photoshop) and the photo was used on our Christmas card that year. Even at Christmas, particularly at Christmas, my dad was promoting luxury time pieces! He used to sell them off his wrist all the time!

My dad shut down the stores decades ago when none of us were interested in following his footsteps. The next generation, my kids, nieces and nephews have heard many of the stories and I think it would be priceless to gift some Patek reps to them with our name on the dial. My dad and grandfather (both deceased); might not approve but I think it would be a kick.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
If i had a dollar for everyone who asked to buy my Tiffany Dal 5711, i would be rich haha But alias it is gone to a new collector :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
If i had a dollar for everyone who asked to buy my Tiffany Dal 5711, i would be rich haha But alias it is gone to a new collector :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here ;) But I am keeping my white/blue Tiffany dials for now.

Reactions: sunrayminor

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I have another reason to like this thread.

I grew up in the business and, to this day, many vintage luxury time pieces can be found with my name printed on the dial.

From time to time, I am approached by an auction house selling one of these watches looking to update their catalog info. I never thought much of it growing up but the Sterns (Patek) were family friends. They graciously hosted me and a friend when I was a vacationing college student. Rene Dentan (Rolex) was also a close friend with my dad and grandfather and I remember the Dentans visiting our house. Back in the day, everyone knew each other so it should be no surprise one of my college roommates was also from one of the oldest well known families in the business. His family name is also often seen on vintage time pieces. The stories we can share.

I got my first Rolex, a GMT, for eighth grade graduation. I lost it surfing on the South shore of Oahu. It was eventually found by a diver, after a year in the Pacific Ocean. It was returned by Governor Ariyoshi (Hawaii) because his wife owned a jewelry store in Honolulu and recognized my name engraved on the case. The photo of me receiving my (still running) watch back was used in Rolex advertising for a couple of years. Over the years, I received two more Rolex watches for graduation presents, the last one, a solid gold day date with diamonds, when I earned my doctorate. Unfortunately, none of them were cobranded although I do have a cobranded solid gold Omega that I am wearing as I type.

A final watch story. My father helped a US President get “his” Rolex after he had been turned down by Rolex. I have no idea why. Anyway, a photo was taken of my father presenting President Ford with his watch while my mom, sisters, and brother looked on. I was on a surfing trip and wasn’t there so a photo of me was “faked” into the photo (this was long before Photoshop) and the photo was used on our Christmas card that year. Even at Christmas, particularly at Christmas, my dad was promoting luxury time pieces! He used to sell them off his wrist all the time!

My dad shut down the stores decades ago when none of us were interested in following his footsteps. The next generation, my kids, nieces and nephews have heard many of the stories and I think it would be priceless to gift some Patek reps to them with our name on the dial. My dad and grandfather (both deceased); might not approve but I think it would be a kick.

These are such cool stories and its awesome to hear about your lineage in the industry. I'm sure you could populate an entire section of the forum with those haha. Glad you're here on the dark side!

Riverwind85

26/4/18
majwilliams0308 I challange you and Spongebob on making this in to reality. Don't let your memes be dreams.
If link does not work on "this" here https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-6269067

Man, that is a real challenge…
That is a 3700, non a 5711.
No real good reps exists of that model. No dial except gen ones I Imagine nobody wants to ruin.
I can give a reprinted dial for the test then anybody wants to do a good job must find a good rep, gen hands and movement…
A bit much

Reactions: srhoque

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
Man, that is a real challenge…
That is a 3700, non a 5711.
No real good reps exists of that model. No dial except gen ones I Imagine nobody wants to ruin.
I can give a reprinted dial for the test then anybody wants to do a good job must find a good rep, gen hands and movement…
A bit much

Nah was thinking more of 5711 PPF... custom dial... no need to be a Gen matched to the real pieces. :D

GiRA

Turning Moments into Precious Timepieces
1/11/18
Lost
No need to "challenge", just check with SpongeBob if he can do the printing. You need to find enough buyers to make this project a reality.

Ok dear Srhoque,

I will try to contact him what would be the way to contact him RWI or anywhere else?

pip72

21/2/19
I just got the Nautilus 5712 PPF version can you stamp the dial with Tiffany and Co. ?

Reactions: jholmeson

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I just got the Nautilus 5712 PPF version can you stamp the dial with Tiffany and Co. ?

Imho the already busy dial would be more crowdy with the stamp. To each their own ofc.

Reactions: pip72

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Zx9CFF.jpg

Beautiful
it's gen

Last edited:

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
These are such cool stories and its awesome to hear about your lineage in the industry. I'm sure you could populate an entire section of the forum with those haha. Glad you're here on the dark side!

Thanks.

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
Looks good! However I PMd Spongebob atleast a week ago and still haven't gotten a reply..