• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thinking about making a Tiffany & Co. Stamp for Nautilus

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Just wanted to check in if there was any trials over the weekend.

daft772

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/19
I came across this method using high DPI laser printer and ink transfer. Basically, you print an inverted logo on a decal paper, soak it in water, position it onto the dial, bake it for 30 mins at 100’C, then carefully peel off the film.

Looks very promising.

https://youtu.be/kt1nmSqS-Ps

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I think you can just use a fine pen, write with small letters on a semi-inflated balloon and then push it down. I won't give any guarantee though

Reactions: Mathisbou155

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I think you can just use a fine pen, write with small letters on a semi-inflated balloon and then push it down. I won't give any guarantee though

MacGyver Style

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Hey guys, I have been following this project closely with Spongebob and MajorWilliams

I'm stoked to announce that it seems like everything is nearly completed. I wanted to take the chance to share a couple of photos of the progress & what the final print is looking like..

There was an early batch printed but it was on the wrong line of the dial (blue and white for reference)

Lastly the corrected printing on the proper line. I believe this is now how the final print will look:

Personally I think it looks incredible! will try to take additional macro pictures and better detailing once I get my dial back.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Wow, can’t believe I missed this thread first time around, but looks like I’ve showed up just in time!!

I’d be interested in having my Nautilus blue dial AND my Aquanaut done!!

Great work chaps... who and when do we PM?!?

DC

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Most of the credit goes to Spongebob - he has someone already lined up on the pad printing side because of the date wheel overlays, I only provided the idea and logo. Also Luminor noticed the logo was on the wrong line haha.

Hopefully, as DC alluded to, the print shape will fit into one of the squares on the Aquanaut dial like the gen. I believe that has to be trialed first.

Keylog74

14/6/13
The font used on these dials is made by BIONONE. Its based on the USA printed dials by Tiffany, which is less refined than some stamped by patek. Tiffany would

get the watch from patek, then print the name by them self (with pateks permission of course). This is why you notice the difference between the Patek logo and Tiffany's (Tiffany being lower quality).

The factory printing the dials is not the same with

the one who did the overlays. However, this is not ready yet, what you see on the photos above are all just prototypes.

Last edited:

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
Oh wow majwilliams0308 congrats on the progress to you and the team! I've been following this for a while and suddenly saw notifications on the thread haha. Glad to see its moving along!

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Yes, adding to this absolutely hats off to Spongebob for the incredible work. There were many stages to the printing and every detail was taken into consideration (the gap between the two "F's" in Tiffany, the spacing between the ampersand, the visibility of the holes in the ampersand as well... lots of subtle details to get right)

As of now my understanding is this printing is designed solely for the PPF Nautilus dial. Songebob has one sample of an MK dial (generously supplied by majwilliams0308) which he will check to see if the dimensions are also compatible.

Looking at the Tiffany & Co. print on an Aquanaut dial, it seems the sizing is totally different than the Nautilus. I think if that were to be developed it would need some tweaking. Hopefully it wont be a massive overhaul in the design but rather an adjustment in the scale.. (I'm not the expert, so take what I'm saying with a fat grain of salt).

I might still have a spare ZF dial lying around that I can send out to check the dimensions for, but I feel we can tackle this once the Nautilus print is 100% finalized

Reactions: majwilliams0308

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Omg, I missed this whole thread. I definitely want when when they are available. Whats the estimated cost?

Mrbig

Horology Curious
10/4/19
Any news last month? :)

wouldnt mind getting a v3 shipped directly for modding :D

Last edited:

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Hey guys, I have been following this project closely with Spongebob and MajorWilliams

I'm stoked to announce that it seems like everything is nearly completed. I wanted to take the chance to share a couple of photos of the progress & what the final print is looking like..

There was an early batch printed but it was on the wrong line of the dial (blue and white for reference)

Lastly the corrected printing on the proper line. I believe this is now how the final print will look:

Personally I think it looks incredible! will try to take additional macro pictures and better detailing once I get my dial back.

Will this mod be available to others?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Riverwind85

26/4/18
That is amazing, waiting for that!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

barth

5/10/12
Amazing work chaps !

Definitely interested to have my white 5711 done, or to buy a modified dial if that distribution method is chosen.

Mrbig

Horology Curious
10/4/19
most definitely,

will update the thread when stock is ready - due to the holidays and coronavirus things have been slow..

Very excited for this. Great work everyone. Crossing my fingers it Will be ready for the summer ^^