• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava Officer’s Caseback 5227

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Intime is a pricing error - most likely a fat finger error. It’s $438.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Got the QC, looks amazing!

IMG-3599.jpg

IMG-3598.jpg

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Shit that's very nice indeed, even the datewheel is nice. Looking forward to real life pics from you mate ;)

Once I get it, I will post the pictures... This watch is the most beautiful formal watch imo, my 5296 is crying I willl stop using it for a while.

Reactions: Tobel

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I am still a bit sad that patek didn't release the 5227 on a bracelet... The 5127 is such a beauty in all its glory on a bracelet.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Godfathar I hope you don't mind me asking. Why all the love for patek? :)
dont you like brands like Vacheron, Lange or Breguet? Most of the other members here with exquisite taste like these brands too. I am just curious as I follow your reviews.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Godfathar I hope you don't mind me asking. Why all the love for patek? :)
dont you like brands like Vacheron, Lange or Breguet? Most of the other members here with exquisite taste like these brands too. I am just curious as I follow your reviews.

I do have the love for other brands.. I own a Breguet, many APs, many Rolexes, and a Frank Muller also. all reps of course.. but to be honest, I have a soft spot for PP. I like thier designs.. and I'm in it too deep now.. looool

Plus as I seek close to gen.. most factories of the other brands, do not really try to perfect the reps.. they always have one flaw at least that screams rep. Now with a factory like ZF, it is making it easier on me not to try and fix the flaws after buying the rep, I had to do many mods for the other reps to look so close to gen..

Reactions: cap923

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Godfathar haha no doubt you are.
Yeah, sad but true. Many of the other brands watches aren't produced close enough to gen. Patek are often closer to gen.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Plus as I seek close to gen.. most factories of the other brands, do not really try to perfect the reps.. they always have one flaw at least that screams rep.

This is sadly so true, especially for breguet and ap.. :/

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Yesterday afternoon mine arrived ... What a beautiful watch! I was very excited. I always saw this watch as a watch that shows the elegance and essence of Patek.

The quality is very good, the negative points that I see are the thickness (1 mm more than the gen ... not big deal), the mirror the mirror (the back of the caseback, I don't know what it is called) it is completely clean unlike the gene that has an engraving, the strap of course it is not the best quality... at the moment I put a glossy dark grey Hadley Roma, it looks pretty good, but the buckle is not of the measure, so maybe I willl order a CF. I don't see other negative points about this beautiful watch

For those who wonder the strap sizes, this is 19/16, same as gen.

I hope to take better photos, but for now I share the following:

image1.jpg

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
the gene that has an engraving

There are different batches on the market - with and without engraving on the officers case back.

awesome watch, looks stunning on your wrist. Keep them wristies coming ;)

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Yesterday afternoon mine arrived ... What a beautiful watch! I was very excited. I always saw this watch as a watch that shows the elegance and essence of Patek.

The quality is very good, the negative points that I see are the thickness (1 mm more than the gen ... not big deal), the mirror the mirror (the back of the caseback, I don't know what it is called) it is completely clean unlike the gene that has an engraving, the strap of course it is not the best quality... at the moment I put a glossy dark grey Hadley Roma, it looks pretty good, but the buckle is not of the measure, so maybe I willl order a CF. I don't see other negative points about this beautiful watch

image1.jpg

Beautiful watch! I think I'm going to pull the trigger when the RG is released.

Wear it in good health, my friend. Regarding the caseback, only the first set of watches released had engravings. The regular 5227 does NOT have any engraving on the inside of the caseback.

See here: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/i...ippe-calatrava-ref-5227-live-pics-and-pricing

"And the inside of the dust cover itself features a "Patek Philippe" and PP Hallmark engraving, though after the first series is produced, this cover will be left blank for customers to personalize themselves."

Even the Patek website: https://www.patek.com/en/collection/calatrava/5227J-001#&gid=1&pid=5

Here's some pictures of actual 5227 without engraving:
https://www.chrono24.com/patekphilippe/calatrava--id11550042.htm
https://www.chrono24.com/patekphilippe/calatrava--id11397183.htm

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe

image1.jpg

Congrats my friend.. I'm so happy for you, yet a bit jealous hahahaha.. and BlackJaguar said it all.. the caseback is not engraved.

just waiting for the RG to buy them all and save on the triangle shipping