• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut 5167R RG ZF thoughts?

DrRickandMorty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/17
That’s my only concern with this watch. The watch looks stunning but realistically how long can you expect the plating to remain? Not sure if replating is the way to go. I’m waiting for Ryan to get back up and running as he’s my go to TD but looking forward to hearing a wrist review.

Ya, I totally understand! I've been hesitant on getting gold plated watches but I've had my eye on this for a while so I finally just decided to go for it. I've heard mixed reviews, some people say the plating is fine but sometimes gets tarnished which comes off. I don't plan on wearing it daily (have my DJ 36 for that) but it'll be a nice addition to my collection.

bora12

4/10/17
Ya, I totally understand! I've been hesitant on getting gold plated watches but I've had my eye on this for a while so I finally just decided to go for it. I've heard mixed reviews, some people say the plating is fine but sometimes gets tarnished which comes off. I don't plan on wearing it daily (have my DJ 36 for that) but it'll be a nice addition to my collection.
Who is your TD? I guess I'll be getting my QCs very soon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Gold plating is a funny one, I have had plenty of issues with rose gold plating, my only yellow gold watch which was a daydate from BP was fine. My latest rose model, a noob Daytona, played up pretty much instantly within a few days. I have since sent it off to be replated and it’s due to arrive back to me in a few days. Once It does I’ll make a thread on the plating. But basically the stock plating is just an alloy which is not gold at all ( surprise surprise rep factories make fake gold, I KNOW WHAT A JOKE RIGHT ! ) this allow gets “displaced” when the watch isn’t plated properly in the first place, so really a lot of it is down to luck, friends of mine on here have plated watches for years with no issue, a lot of it may also depend on sweat, oily skin etc. Here are a few photos of my watch before and after the plating, although the lighting is different you can see the difference in the color.

Calibre16

31/1/12
About the plating, I've heard that for some reason, rose gold plating wears off much faster than the yellow gold plating. Don't know/remember the reason though.

bora12

4/10/17
Got my QC pics! What do yall think? Not asking for help QC'ing the watch - just an FYI for all those considering buying this.
If you'd like to chime in though feel free!

VYqiDA.jpg

VYqNhR.jpg

VYqSgQ.jpg

VYqFcg.jpg

VYqTaa.jpg

VYqh1f.jpg

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

DrRickandMorty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/17
Damnnn. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Looks great! No idea where I'm going to where this thing lol.

Ive just wearing mine out casually, brown strap with gold/RG case is a fairly common style for any calibre of watch so unless you know what your looking for it barely attracts any attention at all. With that being said Ive really enjoyed mine the last couple of days!

Last edited:

bora12

4/10/17
Ive just wearing mine out casually, brown strap with gold/RG case is a fairly common style for any calibre of watch so unless you know what your looking for it barely attracts any attention at all. With that being said Ive really enjoyed mine the last couple of days!
Haha yea I just don't get out much outside of going to work and I don't want to start rocking a PP despite having an extensive gen collection. Guess it will be my vacation watch lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I use trusytime - always do. I just like their website because they have videos of most watches.

Everyone can use the dealer that they prefer, but in the interest of newbies, quick reminder that Trustytime is not a trusted dealer here on RWI

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Thanks!

was just curious What td he used after all that trouble with intime and chazing time.

Last edited: