• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut 5167R RG ZF thoughts?

Philippe.rwi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/19
I read that comment the same as mech500 you don’t mention the plating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

see the discussion before that post, 8 previous posts are about plating. don't think I have to repeat everything mentioned above just to make it clear to you what to comment on.

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Well straight away we can see you do have “Swiss made” at 6 so maybe the stock photos on sale the TD site were not the final version, which is good news

There are many Aquanauts out there with the "Swiss Made" at 6. Check Google, Insta, etc
So I wouldn't consider this an issue.

The greenish lume though is somehow obvious...

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
Local shop showed the comparison b/t gen and rep

He claimed that one is gen another is ZF
2a69f1c21d3952c7328aec7a2c268a00.jpg
0435c21e283e92af021e75be40f1bbd8.jpg
3114ef04dce94e49f244345a840c12a0.jpg

Is it just me, or the numbers and letters on the rep dial (right) look more delicate (nicer) than the gen? :rolleyes:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
What is that you don't like with the printed part?

The fact it’s printed when it should be engraved, lol. Personally I think it looks better then if it was typical rough rep engraving, at least it’s sharp and clear!!!

DC

Reactions: XLR8R

chenakos

Known Member
17/8/16
The fact it’s printed when it should be engraved, lol. Personally I think it looks better then if it was typical rough rep engraving, at least it’s sharp and clear!!!

DC

The dial seems ok.
Is that on the buckle you refer to?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
could anyone tell me which is the best RG version? ZF or 3KF? The movement does not interest me

Thanks a lot

jaywatchman

31/7/20
could anyone tell me which is the best RG version? ZF or 3KF? The movement does not interest me

Thanks a lot

Accuracy overall goes to ZF
The rubber strap is better quality and correct colour, dial font looks more gen, and the movement is also engraved as opposed to being printed.
3K isn't terrible, but they need a few tweaks - I hope they do because I'm very impressed with their clone 324 movement.
However you're interested in the aesthetic accuracy - so ZF 100%

Side note:
Anyone know the how high the quality is on the rose gold plating?
Does it fade noticeably or scratch off easily?
This is the one thing putting me off committing to buying this watch.

Reactions: Meicmo84

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Accuracy overall goes to ZF
The rubber strap is better quality and correct colour, dial font looks more gen, and the movement is also engraved as opposed to being printed.
3K isn't terrible, but they need a few tweaks - I hope they do because I'm very impressed with their clone 324 movement.
However you're interested in the aesthetic accuracy - so ZF 100%

Side note:
Anyone know the how high the quality is on the rose gold plating?
Does it fade noticeably or scratch off easily?
This is the one thing putting me off committing to buying this watch.

Interesting note there. I have been speaking with a member here who owns the 3kf in rose gold who ones by Ekwity, and he swears by the 3kf for overall quality. Granted it won’t pass a side by side comparison but when does that ever happen?

Regarding gold plating has another member posting photos of his ZF which started fading almost instantly getting worse every day after it arrived. Ekwity sent me some snaps of his gold and it looks great so far. Maybe a hybrid would be best same as a SS version

jaywatchman

31/7/20
Interesting note there. I have been speaking with a member here who owns the 3kf in rose gold who ones by Ekwity, and he swears by the 3kf for overall quality. Granted it won’t pass a side by side comparison but when does that ever happen?

Regarding gold plating has another member posting photos of his ZF which started fading almost instantly getting worse every day after it arrived. Ekwity sent me some snaps of his gold and it looks great so far. Maybe a hybrid would be best same as a SS version

Yea, you can't go wrong with either 3K or ZF, but I do feel the rubber strap quality and accuracy - such as colour, flair and pattern - goes to ZF by a visible margin. But then the 3K has that stunning clone movement.

As for gold plating, I used to wear a rose gold plated cheap £40 Accurist watch many years ago - found it recently and it's horrific. It's mostly steel with faint markings of slightly greenish heavily faded rose gold. That put me off the rose gold aquanaut - but the watch is such a dream of mine. I was wondering if in the last 5 years rose gold plating had moved up in quality? Everything I hear is conflicting so I'd love to see some photos of a plated watch worn at least once a week.

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

Klaus007

Looking Around
18/8/21
hy everyone.

any new infos, feedback or pictures of the „rose gold“

Does the gold-plating wear out after a time? i try to order the ZF….

thanks a lot!