Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

New Aquanaut 5167R RG ZF thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that sucks... but well spotted

Comment

Got my QC! What does everyone think? http://imgur.com/gallery/jUHx8tJ

Comment

Originally posted by DrRickandMorty View Post
        Got my QC! What does everyone think? http://imgur.com/gallery/jUHx8tJ

Well straight away we can see you do have “Swiss made” at 6 so maybe the stock photos on sale the TD site were not the final version, which is good news

Comment

I would ask for another shot of the case profile as it looks like there’s a little blemish, which could just be a finger print but I’ve had some crap luck with rose gold plating so I’d see if your Td can wipe it and send another shot

Comment

Originally posted by WatchaholicMallorca View Post
            I would ask for another shot of the case profile as it looks like there’s a little blemish, which could just be a finger print but I’ve had some crap luck with rose gold plating so I’d see if your Td can wipe it and send another shot
            That’s my only concern with this watch. The watch looks stunning but realistically how long can you expect the plating to remain? Not sure if replating is the way to go. I’m waiting for Ryan to get back up and running as he’s my go to TD but looking forward to hearing a wrist review.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYER9 View Post

That’s my only concern with this watch. The watch looks stunning but realistically how long can you expect the plating to remain? Not sure if replating is the way to go. I’m waiting for Ryan to get back up and running as he’s my go to TD but looking forward to hearing a wrist review.
              Ya, I totally understand! I've been hesitant on getting gold plated watches but I've had my eye on this for a while so I finally just decided to go for it. I've heard mixed reviews, some people say the plating is fine but sometimes gets tarnished which comes off. I don't plan on wearing it daily (have my DJ 36 for that) but it'll be a nice addition to my collection.

Comment

Ya, I totally understand! I've been hesitant on getting gold plated watches but I've had my eye on this for a while so I finally just decided to go for it. I've heard mixed reviews, some people say the plating is fine but sometimes gets tarnished which comes off. I don't plan on wearing it daily (have my DJ 36 for that) but it'll be a nice addition to my collection.
                Who is your TD? I guess I'll be getting my QCs very soon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Gold plating is a funny one, I have had plenty of issues with rose gold plating, my only yellow gold watch which was a daydate from BP was fine. My latest rose model, a noob Daytona, played up pretty much instantly within a few days. I have since sent it off to be replated and it’s due to arrive back to me in a few days. Once It does I’ll make a thread on the plating. But basically the stock plating is just an alloy which is not gold at all ( surprise surprise rep factories make fake gold, I KNOW WHAT A JOKE RIGHT ! ) this allow gets “displaced” when the watch isn’t plated properly in the first place, so really a lot of it is down to luck, friends of mine on here have plated watches for years with no issue, a lot of it may also depend on sweat, oily skin etc. Here are a few photos of my watch before and after the plating, although the lighting is different you can see the difference in the color.

Comment

About the plating, I've heard that for some reason, rose gold plating wears off much faster than the yellow gold plating. Don't know/remember the reason though.

Comment

Got my QC pics! What do yall think? Not asking for help QC'ing the watch - just an FYI for all those considering buying this.
                      If you'd like to chime in though feel free!

Comment

Originally posted by bora12 View Post
                        Got my QC pics! What do yall think? Not asking for help QC'ing the watch - just an FYI for all those considering buying this.
                        If you'd like to chime in though feel free!

Looks like a great piece, might have to get me one!

Comment

Check the wrist roll fellas! Shes a beaut!

http://imgur.com/gallery/z0gDCPv

Comment

OMG i need this now, btw my ZF clasp doesnt align, how about yours??

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan0209 View Post

OMG i need this now, btw my ZF clasp doesnt align, how about yours??
                              Ya the clasp isnt super great, my only issue with the watch. And its kind of load so i may get it silenced

Comment

Looks great man. The dial actually has a decent 'sunburst' effect in natural light.

Comment

Working...
                                X