• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF dial on a PF advice

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Is it worth the trouble to move over the white dial and Dwo from the PPF to the PF or just let it be? Im not that hung up on the fat bezel or big crown. Im just curious what people think.

Thanks

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Is it worth the trouble to move over the white dial and Dwo from the PPF to the PF or just let it be? Im not that hung up on the fat bezel or big crown. Im just curious what people think.

Thanks

If you're not hung up by the wider bezel and the protruding crown issues of the PPF, don't bother with the mod. To some of us, those issues are bothersome.

Reactions: Nivka

Scandalloman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18
Might be more worthwhile to put the blue PPF V2 dial on a PF case... that’s the consensus that I’ve gathered from the other PP threads anyhow

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Thanks

For me not at all. If these small issues don't bother you, then the rest of the PPF is better finished and feels more premium, and the case is a bit thinner

Tobel

6/7/17
Apparently PF bracelet feels better than the PPF one.

I disagree, I like the thinness and smooth feeling of the PPF much better. Only issue - but I don't know whether latest watches still have it - was the ball bearings of the clasp

Last edited:

Drew01

3/7/12
I disagree, I like the thinness and smooth feeling of the PPF much better. Only issue - but I don't know whether latest watches still have it - was the ball bearings of the clasp

I'm a little lost. My V2 is on the way and I was about to order a PF to do following mod :
-PPF V2 dial - hands - movement - DW
-PF case- Bracelet
-Thickened PF case

People used to state bezel and bracelet were way better on PF, but now I'm seeing the opposite, and that even PPF bezel is not wrong, that it just depends on the angle picture...

Because if it's really the case, then the only mod necessary is to thickened PPF V2 crown, that's it.

Tobel

6/7/17
I'm a little lost. My V2 is on the way and I was about to order a PF to do following mod :
-PF case- Bracelet
-Thickened PF case

People used to state bezel and bracelet were way better on PF, but now I'm seeing the opposite, and that even PPF bezel is not wrong, that it just depends on the angle picture...

Because if it's really the case, then the only mod necessary is to thickened PPF V2 crown, that's it.

Bezel is a little wider on PPF, that's a fact. I don't think it's really visible though so that's up to you.

Strap is a question of preference. Some prefer the PF, I prefer the PPF

I prefer the PPF crystal, but lost people don't mind the PF one

There is no single truth

Akra

11/1/17
-PF case- Bracelet
-Thickened PF case

Imho the crown is the most visible issue on the ppf.

Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone with a very well-made solution to the problem yet.

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU

Thanks

Didnt you move a jjf dial onto a pf ?

That depends on personal view and budget available.

Absolutley nothing wrong with a stock ppf which is the best ootb nautilus there is imho. Flaws can NOT be Seen on wrist.

Bezel and crown bothered me personally alot Thats why I did it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro