• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Hi guys, just got my QC!

To me the dial seems to be not centered (to far on the right), so also the date isn’t centered in the date window.

What do you think about it? Do you notice anything else?

a18d80f35f3c3f3f39dbad1a5ab8d9cb.jpg
9af31a25f1eb70f8dc1d50562b9f00ca.jpg

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Yes it needs to go 1-1.5mm left, don't know if the dial feet holes have that kind of play, you may have to confirm with one of the members that has already striped one down. Cant see anything else, it may not be too bad on the wrist, this is a common problem with this batch.

Reactions: mordret

AMGwolf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/19
Downtown Miami
Yes it needs to go 1-1.5mm left, don't know if the dial feet holes have that kind of play, you may have to confirm with one of the members that has already striped one down. Cant see anything else, it may not be too bad on the wrist, this is a common problem with this batch.

Yes, I believe this is an issue with the batch, I mistakenly accepted the QC photos as I over looked this.. I am sending to legend soon to see if he can resolve the issue. On the wrist, it is barely noticeable, however the DWO issue that it causes, is.

Reactions: mordret

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Weird because my 15400 JF V5 does not. It has the 9015 movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per Keylog74 's post, your 15400 definitely behaves the same way. There's no way the date switches instantly at midnight. It will start turning at around 10.30pm and will only make it to the next date at midnight, turning progressively during these 1.5 hours

AMGwolf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/19
Downtown Miami
How embarrassing my friends.... the date didn’t change because it was 12 hours behind.. my AP RO behaves in the same manner.. silly me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I just read through all 55 pages of this thread. Really good information here. I have a PF unmodded and I was thinking about getting the PPF V2 and doing a build of parts from each watch. So far this seems to be the consensus:

1. Bracelet: PF (feels better and does not have clasp issues)
2. Case: PF (due to PPF thickness on bezel)
3. Dial: PPF (color debatable and according to taste it seems, but overall I think PPF matches gen more closely)
4. Crown: PF
5. Date Wheel: PPF (or keylog)
6. Movement: ???

Please give thoughts on number 6 above.

Here are some additional questions I had.

1. I did not see much information about the movement differences between the PPF V2 and the old PF. Specifically what are the mistakes on each of the movements, typos, wrong placement, etc.?

2. Can you swap out the PPF clasp and put it on the PF bracelet?

Dillema:

So I can either buy a PPF V2 and change out bracelet and case and crown of the PF, use the PPF dial and date wheel, and have a very close to gen rep....

or.....

Keep PF and do keylog date wheel mod.....

Thoughts on this as well??? I am not against the blue color dial of the PF, but certain things bother me like the greenish lume and the hour markers not lining up with the dots on the edges. The PPF dial seems to be better done overall.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also any experiences with modders here would be appreciated. Is there a modder that has more experience with the Nautilus and the PF and PPF versions. Thanks!

Another simpler option:
​​​​​​
Get PPF, put PF strap on it.

Thoughts, pros and cons??

BIONONE

28/4/17
tangokilo try to convince your TD to source a PPF dial if that is your biggest concern - leave the movement as it is if thickness is not a problem to you (0,5mm difference by buying a whole 500$ watch is quite a sum).

You won‘t fool anyone that is into pateks with a rep movement so it comes down to your personal preference.

the consensus is pretty much like you said - the bezel and crown issue is best adressed with the PF case while PPF got its strength in certain points like finishing and thinness - all for a steep compromise.

IMO you will save a lot by ordering a single PPF dial (maybe hands additionally) and get a custom DWO as the PF stock DW font is trash and won‘t even align with the cut out of the PPF dial.

But if you are only bothered by the lume color - a reluming and repositioning of the markers could also bring you the satisfaction you seek as the blue is none of your concerns. Price wise it won‘t make a huge difference to a new dial.

I think it is safe to say that it‘s much appreciated that you took the time to read through the information.

keep us updated on your build!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks Bionone I enjoy reading these threads!

I typically use Puretime so I will ask them for a PPF V2 blue dial and hands. Then get keylog PPF date wheel.

Any suggestions on modder to do that for me?

Thanks

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thanks Bionone I enjoy reading these threads!

I typically use Puretime so I will ask them for a PPF V2 blue dial and hands. Then get keylog PPF date wheel.

Any suggestions on modder to do that for me?

Thanks

Depending on where you live - i know that slaughterer (located in EU) did a magnificent job on thegodfathars nautilus dial/DWO swap and is in every regard highly recommendable - even though you have to keep the waiting times for professionals like him in mind.

other wise check the modder section for your specific area - a dial swap and DWO installation shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I'm in the USA so I'll look for one in the modder section.

Quick question:

Do I need to buy the PPF or PF keylog date wheel since my watch is PF but will have a PPF dial? I'm assuming I need to buy the PPF date wheel so it lines up with the PPF dial right?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Correct. It depends on the dial as all 5711 reps house a 9015 miyota.