• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
These chinese guys seriously stole again pictures of RWI... shameless.

Look up the gen vs rep comparison of the PPF on here - you will see that they are the exact same pictures from a valuable member...

The angle on the bevel on the bezel is steeper on the PPF. Thats why the flat part of the bezel appears bigger.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The angle on the bevel on the bezel is steeper on the PPF. Thats why the flat part of the bezel appears bigger.

I know - but that has nothing to do with my comment. All i did was pointing out that Members of chinese fora stole Gen vs Rep pictures from RWI.

Daddymoe

Horology Curious
18/7/19
That's the second one I've seen today. Several months ago, a few of these PPF 5711s with the same flaw showed up, then disappeared. And now, they're back.

In your opinion, is it worth RL and risking worse sample?

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
That's the second one I've seen today. Several months ago, a few of these PPF 5711s with the same flaw showed up, then disappeared. And now, they're back.

They must be the rejected ones?!
I have rejected one PPF with the same issue, but the second was fine.

AMGwolf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/19
Downtown Miami
So I got my 5711 yesterday and I love this bad ass thing! QC pics blow things out of proportion. Even staring at the dial 6 inches from your face won’t give the same effect. I will definitely be doing the keylog dw. Not sure if I need someone to center the dial properly but I will have that looked at. Only thing is my wrist is in between a link which kinda sucks, my gen Rolex is on tight and I don’t mind it but this 5711 is leaving marks on my skin.

I am attaching a wristie :) with half too much of a link hahaha. Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/bK9kDmJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Excuse my ignorance, I've been following this page since the beginning but must've missed this part. But what exactly is the diff between the stock DW and Keylog's for PPF? I know white V1 has a thinner font and it was fixed with the V2.

Tobel

6/7/17
Excuse my ignorance, I've been following this page since the beginning but must've missed this part. But what exactly is the diff between the stock DW and Keylog's for PPF? I know white V1 has a thinner font and it was fixed with the V2.

There is no V2 white. And the V2 blue fixed the dial colour not the datewheel. Now it seems that on the recent batches the DW was a little thicker. Keylog DW is thicker and gen like. But PPF didn't do a bad job even with their stock DW honestly

daft772

28/5/19
I am attaching a wristie :) with half too much of a link hahaha. Enjoy!

if you’re in between links, you may consider swapping between pf and ppf bracelets. From my experience with sizing, ppf fits me better because pf is either too big or too small. YMMV

AMGwolf

9/10/19
Downtown Miami
if you’re in between links, you may consider swapping between pf and ppf bracelets. From my experience with sizing, ppf fits me better because pf is either too big or too small. YMMV

Do you happen to know how I can get my hands on one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14

Thanks for clarifying, yes I do know about the dial color being updated on the blue but I was under the impression the DW was updated for both colors. I think the "updated" thicker font on the white dial is good enough hence why I asked my initial question as I didn't see a significant different with Keylog's.

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks for clarifying, yes I do know about the dial color being updated on the blue but I was under the impression the DW was updated for both colors. I think the "updated" thicker font on the white dial is good enough hence why I asked my initial question as I didn't see a significant different with Keylog's.

You will see that there are variations between batches, sometiy making things better sometimes worse. But that does not mean it's a new version