• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes it can run if I shake it hard. Especially, it seems to stuck on a specific point. So it seems it is too tight in that case...

Take it to watch smith. The second hand might be rubbing against the crystal if it gets stuck at a specific point.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Watch is still in production and you can get it from patek. This makes the retail price the correct price.

Except that you can't really buy it from Patek. Even if you were to give them the cash today, the AD wouldn't probably even put you on the waitlist unless you are a VIP who's already spent a lot with them. And even in that case you would have to wait years. So you may be right in theory, but in reality the price is 2x that at best

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Except that you can't really buy it from Patek. Even if you were to give them the cash today, the AD wouldn't probably even put you on the waitlist unless you are a VIP who's already spent a lot with them. And even in that case you would have to wait years. So you may be right in theory, but in reality the price is 2x that at best

This. You can't and you will NEVER buy at 29,800$

This is more likely the price you can buy it at

https://www.watchpricetrend.com/Patek+Philippe_Nautilus_5711+1A-010-14.html

Reactions: gilrob and euro1955

Keylog74

14/6/13
This. You can't and you will NEVER buy at 29,800$

This is absolutely not true.

Tobel Im not sure how familiar are you with the nautilus buyer. The nautilus in the 2012 was in the €19K range. 5711buyer is not a collector at least no more, it has become a sensation like the daytona.

A true collector hunts and pays premium for 3700 (without a service dial) vintage chronos ecc. Patek always valued collectors, and believe me if one of this (at least this who i know ) wants one, they will get one at retail in 1 year time frame and not 8. So you want to show off pay what market demands, but the right price to pay until patek still produces its 29800 USD.

Reactions: Scottymagic

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Do PPF update bezel and Crown ? I heard that they are out of stock for now.

Tobel

6/7/17
This is absolutely not true.

Tobel Im not sure how familiar are you with the nautilus buyer. The nautilus in the 2012 was in the €19K range. 5711buyer is not a collector at least no more, it has become a sensation like the daytona.

A true collector hunts and pays premium for 3700 (without a service dial) vintage chronos ecc. Patek always valued collectors, and believe me if one of this (at least this who i know ) wants one, they will get one at retail in 1 year time frame and not 8. So you want to show off pay what market demands, but the right price to pay until patek still produces its 29800 USD.

Then please help understand how I can do that because this is one of my dream watches and I'd be willing to pay that price upfront to get it in a year. However the few ADs that I talked to told me exactly what I said: "sorry but we don't accept waitlist anymore"

Reactions: Xabo and gilrob

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Then please help understand how I can do that because this is one of my dream watches and I'd be willing to pay that price upfront to get it in a year. However the few ADs that I talked to told me exactly what I said: "sorry but we don't accept waitlist anymore"

I know in London you have to buy 2/3 other Patek's (not including Aquanaut to get on wait list), problem being they're the mega expensive £60k+ ones. Although I'm convinced if you have a great relationship with an AD you'll get one within a year as Keylog said. My mate got one in 4 months at RRP. He'd bought a Batman, Royal Oak and Steel Daytona before though......

Tobel

6/7/17
I know in London you have to buy 2/3 other Patek's (not including Aquanaut to get on wait list), problem being they're the mega expensive £60k+ ones. Although I'm convinced if you have a great relationship with an AD you'll get one within a year as Keylog said. My mate got one in 4 months at RRP. He'd bought a Batman, Royal Oak and Steel Daytona before though......

Yes that's my point, if you're not a VIP because you've already bought multiple watches from that AD then you won't even get on the waitlist. It's already quite a budget to buy 1 PP, but if you need to buy 4 that becomes a very different story :D

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackJaguar

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
My AD, where I bought my sub, told me I’d need to buy a few PM PP (not other brands) before they’d even consider my application

Reactions: SuperLory

mottykytu

4/6/13
I think the $50.000 market price have it own reason

if it is not that hard to get, people will never allow to buy at this price... , they are willing to wait!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
My AD, where I bought my sub, told me I’d need to buy a few PM PP (not other brands) before they’d even consider my application

That’s correct. They are doing same if you want to buy certain models of Ferrari.

Litheo

Horology Curious
23/4/19
Hi, does anyone know if markers may be realligned on PPF 5711?

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
29/1/11
Any know if PPF and PF parts are interchangeable ? Was going to try and transfer PPF v2 dial and movement into PF case/bracelet. All the dials are off from the genuine but the PF is way too vibrant (although it looks nice). The PPF movement is better decorated, too.