• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Gen hands.
9e469da2f09c3f39a2298ea35ceeefba.jpg
0f9d21103616bcc969486766c475e03f.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

JSSL

Looking Around
6/5/13
Dear all,

Hope you can help me out. I just received my 5711 PPF. However, the automatic movement is stuck and won’t turn properly to wind the watch. Someone has this as well? Is there any solution?

Thanks.

mottykytu

4/6/13
Dear all,

Hope you can help me out. I just received my 5711 PPF. However, the automatic movement is stuck and won’t turn properly to wind the watch. Someone has this as well? Is there any solution?

Thanks.

remember the Miyota is Single Direction movement... (clockwise from the front as I remember)

btw, if is still not run, the best bet it to bring it to a watch marker due to shock-shipping problem...

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
69 pages into reading, and am still as confused as ever if the v2 blue is good or not when compared to the new model

Reactions: Malik321

Tony23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/19
Its a beauty! But i dont like the hands, they look flat and pinion is big, gen is more like 3D effekt, maybe its just the angel of the photo so dont take my Word for it, but my first thought when i see your gen/rep pics.

Another angle ..
cda4a97485f9e0566b51452a5fc91bc1.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben Bleijlevens

Tony23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/8/19
Not the same model, the one on the right is a pre 2018 without the boxed Patek logo, while the PPF is the most recent model. You are comparing 2 different dials so of course they would be different
Yes, you're right, in this photo both are gen. Dial colour is far apart.
0fb86cb909fc0d38e803c986ec2df4c8.jpg

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
remember the Miyota is Single Direction movement... (clockwise from the front as I remember)

btw, if is still not run, the best bet it to bring it to a watch marker due to shock-shipping problem...

Clockwise is correct, the Gen is counter clockwise by the way. JSSL if the rotor is stuck, means it wil not turn in any direction, the movement will not wind. A watchmaker is required to solve this problem. If the rotor is not stuck, it wil only wind the watch when it turns in the clockwise direction.

My MKF rotor has been silenced, but now when I wear the watch the whole day (office work) it is not enough (not long enough on the wrist) to stay winded, so in the early morning the watch stops. My watchmaker is thinking about this problem seeking a way to a solution. He wil by the way, for he is the best :)

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Its a beauty! But i dont like the hands, they look flat and pinion is big, gen is more like 3D effekt, maybe its just the angel of the photo so dont take my Word for it, but my first thought when i see your gen/rep pics.

Tompa, my dear AP friend, What the heck are you doing here in the PPF section? :rofl::drinks:

Reactions: Tompa

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Yes, you're right, in this photo both are gen. Dial colour is far apart.
0fb86cb909fc0d38e803c986ec2df4c8.jpg

I dip In And out of this thread and the v1, still discussing Dial colour!

This pic Just to Adds to My confusion. I’d take any blue dial it seems. As long as it is well printed and the watch is well built and finished (which I thought the PPF white I had was), when compared to the mkf and Pf that passed my hands, it was better. only my opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13
Clockwise is correct, the Gen is counter clockwise by the way. JSSL if the rotor is stuck, means it wil not turn in any direction, the movement will not wind. A watchmaker is required to solve this problem. If the rotor is not stuck, it wil only wind the watch when it turns in the clockwise direction.

My MKF rotor has been silenced, but now when I wear the watch the whole day (office work) it is not enough (not long enough on the wrist) to stay winded, so in the early morning the watch stops. My watchmaker is thinking about this problem seeking a way to a solution. He wil by the way, for he is the best :)

wait, you mean the 50.000$ gen is also Single Direction Movement???

JSSL

Looking Around
6/5/13

Yes it can run if I shake it hard. Especially, it seems to stuck on a specific point. So it seems it is too tight in that case...