• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Drew01

3/7/12
Lol...
Genuine = genuine ; replica = replica.
You guys sounds like the word replica is an insult. If it’s the case, so what the hell are you doing on a replica forum?

We are talking about people showing off closed up picture on IG, so viewers can appreciate the details showed.

Some people would compliment, and ask specific questions, some would raise other concern.
if you’re not willing to hear anything other than « wooow amazing watch » while posting on IG, then it’s on you, and you should check your emotional triggering. (Especially if you’re posting a replica..)

On this case, I didnt say his watch was fake, I said that if it was a genuine one, I would be surprised, based on a few details.

did I ask that to try to piss the guy or call him out?
No, I was « genuinely »(ha!) interested about seeing if a Gen could have the same flaws as the ones from our favorite rep factories.
That would have help me and a few other here on the road to the 5711 gen vs rep question.

on the DM thing, 90% of the time it goes on SPAM when you don’t follow each other.

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Drew01 - mate, in all honesty.

Asking someone with several grand complications A. Lange, Pateks and other rare pieces if his ordinary 2018 batch 5711 is a replica in the comment section - so saying showing off which mind set you got - is completely embarrassing.

I got your point why you did it... but come on. There are more subtle examples of gen vs PPF V2 dials here in this thread which don't leave this forum.

Moves like that in real life could totally affect the way how people treat you. And i think that was the intention of the post above yours.

But to give you some inputs on his watch - the bezel is just fine - that means if his watch would be a PPF - and that is a big IF - he must have changed it to a matching bezel - so to say a PF bezel. As the PF bezel alone is not compatible with the PPF case - the only option would be a transplantation into a PF case.

But then the crown would be just fine and this is what drove you crazy about this picture... beside the completely flawless 12 o clock hour marker. Saying that those hand set marker look off is the typical thing newbies do with their publicly posted QC questions with 200x magnification on those markers. Completely surreal expectations.

It is a common thing that some gens look like PPF when their crown isn't fully screwed. So calling imperfections on the dial or the crown itself "flaw" while it is clearly a gen is simply not the gentlemen way to do it.

Last edited:

Drew01

3/7/12
I get your point.
Maybe there is a language issue with "showing off". I meant "showing".
I'm talking about a watch, not about a man's integrity or value. I would not judge a person based on how expensive is tourbillon watch is, or how cheap is replica is.

I own several Gens and rep, and I don't define myself based on that. The way that I will speak to someone about a watch is not going to depend on how expensive/cheap his collection is. I can talk highly about one rep and not much about another Gen.

In this case, we are on IG, in which he uploaded a picture using Nautilus 5711 hashtag. Meaning he wanted to attract attention from people curious about 5711, with potential "Likes/Comment".

I have a PPF V2 (that will get through mod), and for me, this guy's picture is the one where the dial looks EXACTLY like the PPF. We have several pictures of other watches where the color is similar, but without being 100% the same, using filters, or with a picture taken not close enough etc...

I've never seen any other picture that looks as similar as a PPF. That's why I wanted to ask the guy, not to disrespect him, not to humiliate him, but simply to know if it was possible to have a Gen with this exact Dial + flawed 12 o clock marker (like a lot of PPF has).

You said it's clearly a Gen, another member here said " 99% sure it's ppf V2 with bad QC".

My message was aimed to make it clear. It's been pages in which people are trying to find the "closest Gen VS any other rep". We are still stuck in the same place.

BIONONE

28/4/17
not to disrespect him, not to humiliate him

Evrything is fine man. I got your point. Just wanted to point out that it isn't the most gentlemen thing.

... oh and I am pretty sure you won't humiliate a man with this collection with your a question :D

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I get your point.
Maybe there is a language issue with "showing off". I meant "showing".
I'm talking about a watch, not about a man's integrity or value. I would not judge a person based on how expensive is tourbillon watch is, or how cheap is replica is.

I own several Gens and rep, and I don't define myself based on that. The way that I will speak to someone about a watch is not going to depend on how expensive/cheap his collection is. I can talk highly about one rep and not much about another Gen.

In this case, we are on IG, in which he uploaded a picture using Nautilus 5711 hashtag. Meaning he wanted to attract attention from people curious about 5711, with potential "Likes/Comment".

I have a PPF V2 (that will get through mod), and for me, this guy's picture is the one where the dial looks EXACTLY like the PPF. We have several pictures of other watches where the color is similar, but without being 100% the same, using filters, or with a picture taken not close enough etc...

I've never seen any other picture that looks as similar as a PPF. That's why I wanted to ask the guy, not to disrespect him, not to humiliate him, but simply to know if it was possible to have a Gen with this exact Dial + flawed 12 o clock marker (like a lot of PPF has).

You said it's clearly a Gen, another member here said " 99% sure it's ppf V2 with bad QC".

My message was aimed to make it clear. It's been pages in which people are trying to find the "closest Gen VS any other rep". We are still stuck in the same place.

I overall think this is not cool borderline mediocre... based on your membership seniority you must be aware that there exist a forum gentlemen rule of No replica show at ADs, many extended that rule because of our knowledge to Insta or other no forum based watches... Keeping a low profile did help this community to thrive... Asking a guy on his IG if his 5711 is a specific rep,is just not cool...

sorry but my 2 cts buddy

Reactions: leo6929

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I think the general consensus is that the PPF color looks the most like that 2014 model that doesn't have the boxes around the Patek logo.

547b9f6775738be40fc43c0d94e3360f.jpg

Reactions: FourthLetter

Drew01

3/7/12
Evrything is fine man. I got your point. Just wanted to point out that it isn't the most gentlemen thing.

... oh and I am pretty sure you won't humiliate a man with this collection with your a question :D

Maybe he was on the Patek list for 8 years and he's mad someone called it a fake right after finally getting it :p

Drew01

3/7/12
I overall think this is not cool borderline mediocre... based on your membership seniority you must be aware that there exist a forum gentlemen rule of No replica show at ADs, many extended that rule because of our knowledge to Insta or other no forum based watches... Keeping a low profile did help this community to thrive... Asking a guy on his IG if his 5711 is a specific rep,is just not cool...

sorry but my 2 cts buddy

Got it. I should have try the DM thing and let it go even if he didn't answer.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I took some photos in direct sunlight ...
e88bd41bd3b1969028786e069525e9f8.jpg
c41081ad77261661eb5815cb4353a720.jpg
b2f491fab7b59b3f64f9b6610f9f1baf.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
in these other photos the color is completely different...
c105e75dd61aada82d86fabf5efb62a1.jpg
bb83d4150823c7514fe77f541b2b9346.jpg

Keylog74

14/6/13
Got it. I should have try the DM thing and let it go even if he didn't answer.

Your knowledge on the Patek looks to be poor, that why you should never asked that question.

I get the thrill on looking everywhere to try to spot all this “fake pretenders” but before you really should lear alot more.

Drew01

3/7/12
Your assumption about me thrilling over spotting « fake pretender » is as poor as my Patek knowledge.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I agree with most here that it was poor form/etiquette to go and write on the the guys personal profile.

I am not Defending Drew01 here

But I want to say is that there are members here that are saying that they are "99% sure that it is a PPF V2 with poor QC." "That's definitely rep" just because that person's account is private.

If there were no such single line posts. And actually explained why they think/conclud it's a rep. Then maybe Drew01 wouldn't have to go asking publicly for proof that watch is Gen or not.

Conclusion is if Drew01's actions are to be condemend, other members comments that lead him to ask such questions also need to be brought to discussion.

Anyways let's all get back to topic.

Keylog74

14/6/13
I'll share something that might help for further situation. No rep factory has achieved the finishing of the gen makers nor have matched the lume application close enough to never been seen. So if you are trying to understand what you look at,ZOOM there don't waste your time on the alignment :D

Reactions: MasterWatch

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
my PF + dial / hands PPF + DW Keylog.

Three shots with different lights in each photo change color.

Unbelievable!
c2cf35d686d04c7274ea3e0c5c3008b0.jpg
75095227ee729362bb688a48126cc7a7.jpg
cf7b898563eefa750628c82889344cf5.jpg

Did you use the PF bracelet or the PPF bracelet and why?

mottykytu

4/6/13
Did you use the PF bracelet or the PPF bracelet and why?

as he say PF + PPF Dial/hands

it is pretty sure the whole watch is PF except the Dial/hands and Date Wheel

The PF Bracelet as people said, more stiff, durable than the PPF

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
my PF + dial / hands PPF + DW Keylog.

Three shots with different lights in each photo change color.

Unbelievable!
c2cf35d686d04c7274ea3e0c5c3008b0.jpg
75095227ee729362bb688a48126cc7a7.jpg
cf7b898563eefa750628c82889344cf5.jpg

The 3rd shot is Money !!! Congrats for this beauty ! We’re you able to source the dial and hands only from ppf please and how much was it ? Or did you have to buy the watch ? Cheers