• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

mottykytu

4/6/13
Thanks for the comparison. The lighting captures the true color of the dial perfectly in this photo. I'm not sure how to accurately describe it but I still think they need to add a touch of the "turquoise/greenish" gradient. From what I've seen in the flesh both versions of the gen still project the "turquoise/greenish" hue when the light reflects the dial where as the V1 and V2 still looks somewhat purple. But overall I think that is an excellent rep!

I was able to capture it on my old MK V5 at the right angle/lighting to show you what I mean.

Here is the PPF 5711 100% GEN blue from THEO HARRIS Video, I think they have a little bit green but not that much?

Which mean even the GEN also have variety versions of Dial Color ?

YH3JlC.jpg

037b9428-16db-411d-a3e6-120663000ec6
IKHt0Q.jpg

oH2Wgl.jpg

uDvQ4a.jpg

o5AYLN.jpg

Last edited:

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Ask Ultra929, he is currently involved in this same modification. Just waiting for the appropriate Keylog date wheel/DWO for the MKF.

I’m using a PF. There would be no reason to use a PPF as the bezel and crown are flawed. The MKF and PF look good but have been waiting for DWO for 3 months. Looks like at least another month for production.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I’m using a PF. There would be no reason to use a PPF as the case and crown are flawed. The MKF and PF look good but have been waiting for DWO for 3 months. Looks like at least another month for production.

My bad, I thought I read PF in Molivio's question. Yeah, I just hope that the prototype DWO doesn't need any corrections/changes so it goes straight into production. Its been too long.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
My bad, I thought I read PF in Molivio's question. Yeah, I just hope that the prototype DWO doesn't need any corrections/changes so it goes straight into production. Its been too long.

I also hope that everything fits like the digital file ;)

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
that dial on the MK V5 is stunning. The picture is also amazing. What a hobby ;):shuffle:

Thanks! I enjoy lusting over them through my camera than actually wearing them haha.

Here is the PPF 5711 100% GEN blue from THEO HARRIS Video, I think they have a little bit green but not that much?

Agreed, even though I still prefer the color/gradient on the MK after seeing Tudor's comparison pic I'd be happy with the V2 as is.

Reactions: stanevo6

Tobel

6/7/17

Yes this is a known fact that there are several variants of the gen. The pictures that you are posting are not the 2019 version of the dial as you can see it does not have the box around Patek Philippe. So there is no point comparing the shade of blue to the PPF as per the pics posted previously, given that PPF replicates the 2019 version.

Reactions: Xabo

mottykytu

4/6/13
Yes this is a known fact that there are several variants of the gen. The pictures that you are posting are not the 2019 version of the dial as you can see it does not have the box around Patek Philippe. So there is no point comparing the shade of blue to the PPF as per the pics posted previously, given that PPF replicates the 2019 version.

That's what I mean in my previous post :) !
btw, here is the gen 5711 2019 with hacking movement
6qyh2U.jpg

6qyh2U.jpg
Jc2HIU.jpg

jBRKAs.jpg

i8Gdh0.jpg
​​​​​​​

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ok. Wich is the best rep blue dial???

Please...

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
It's clear to me that MKF still has the best blue dial, color-wise at least. MKF has it's own issues though that I'm sure other more experienced members know better than I - the one that I do know of is that the bracelet doesn't play well with smaller wrists due to the lack of flexibility. I have a 6.25inch wrist so this vetoed it for me.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
well it appears to me that PPF v2 is a very very very very nice rep Out of the box

You want to go the extra mile striving for holiness ? PF with mkf dial and custom DWO ..but not for all pockets and profiles

Pick your poison

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
You want to go the extra mile striving for holiness ? PF with mkf dial and custom DWO ..but not for all pockets and profiles

Pick your poison

So that is what I’m attempting to make. The PF case is spot on and we have thinned it to gen spec (8.3 mm) and beveled and polished edges to gen spec. The MKF dial is very accurate for a 2014 era 5711 and fits in case and on the PF movement. We are just waiting for the DWO. Pics will follow once it’s complete but I can say it’s pretty amazing looking!

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
So that is what I’m attempting to make. The PF case is spot on and we have thinned it to gen spec (8.3 mm) and beveled and polished edges to gen spec. The MKF dial is very accurate for a 2014 era 5711 and fits in case and on the PF movement. We are just waiting for the DWO. Pics will follow once it’s complete but I can say it’s pretty amazing looking!

Is it possibile to buy only dial MKF?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Is it possibile to buy only dial MKF?

Not that Im aware of. I bought 2 complete watches. Im assembling the MKF case and bracelet with PF dial and Spongebob DWO and will put in sales section at a discount.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
If you plan on doing it, get the hands as well so the lume matches.

The lume didnt match on mine. I had it redone to be whiter and it looks better with the lume more concave than straight filled to the top. You can see this on the gen, where the lume has a concave appearance.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The lume didnt match on mine. I had it redone to be whiter and it looks better with the lume more concave than straight filled to the top. You can see this on the gen, where the lume has a concave appearance.

I had to go and check my v6 and found the lume matches, at least in my eyes.

I wonder when SpongeBob will show us some pics, he's had the dial for 3-4 days now.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I had to go and check my v6 and found the lume matches, at least in my eyes.

I wonder when SpongeBob will show us some pics, he's had the dial for 3-4 days now.

Yeah I can imagine some will match and others won’t.

I’m not holding my breath on the DWO. A long way out I’m sure...

mottykytu

4/6/13
Yeah I can imagine some will match and others won’t.

I’m not holding my breath on the DWO. A long way out I’m sure...

Did you have to Drill a new holes in the PF case to put the MKF dial in ?

Or they fit perfectly? Thank you !