• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
Just received my V2 from Toro's. Wonderful watch. I loved V1 very much but V2 is beyond my expectations. The dial looks greyish-blue on V2 but looks grey on the pictures.
Here are some quick pictures made this morning in various light conditions.
The second hand seems slightly thinner on V2 (because of darker background?)

V1 on the LEFT / V2 on the RIGHT

CV1V201.jpg

CV1V206.jpg

CV1V202.jpg

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just received my V2 from Toro's. Wonderful watch. I loved V1 very much but V2 is beyond my expectations. The dial looks greyish-blue on V2 but looks grey on the pictures.

Excellent comparative pictures. I'm sure it will be helpful to those wanting to learn how to differentiate between the v1 and v2.

Reactions: Glaude

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17

V1 on the LEFT / V2 on the RIGHT

CV1V201.jpg

Own a v1 and it's beautiful. Haven't decided if I like v1 more, v2 seems so greyish...

Reactions: csthe

Scandalloman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18

V1 on the LEFT / V2 on the right

could you do a side by side of the clasp. I don’t expect much difference but I’m curious of the possibility

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
could you do a side by side of the clasp. I don’t expect much difference but I’m curious of the possibility

Sure I'll do that asap.
In the meantime, some more pictures to point out the dial colour difference between V1 and V2..
V1V2%20002.jpg

V1V2%20004.jpg
V1V2%20003.jpg

Reactions: Pope

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Tudor17 Thx man for the amazing pictures. I'm a blue dial fan, but the V2 dial suits me more, seeing your pictures. It is more "stylish" . I cannot describe it.

I know it is a matter of taste, but what is your thought on the two dials. You can judge them in real life. Lucky you hahahahaha

10/6/13
it seems indeed more grey, but also more dull.. Maybe the pictures can't do it justice.. I've seen the gen irl already a couple of times and its way .. wel 'more'.

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
Tudor17 Thx man for the amazing pictures. I'm a blue dial fan, but the V2 dial suits me more, seeing your pictures. It is more "stylish" . I cannot describe it.

I know it is a matter of taste, but what is your thought on the two dials. You can judge them in real life. Lucky you hahahahaha

you're welcome.

What you say matches exactly what I feel about V2. This version is more stylish indeed, less obvious. V1 blue looks nice but slightly cheaper.

Yes I can enjoy my 2 Nautilus replicas but have never seen a genuine one for real and cannot compare with the gen blue dial.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Thanks for your answer Tudor17 . I hear you :)

When I signed up at RWI two years ago or so, I am following the several PP threads. My goal is to get a PP as close to gen possible. (without modding that is)

I think the ppf v2 is as close as it is. Ok, bezel and crown could be fixed in a v3 version perhaps. the dial on the v2 is so nice. will wait a little bit longer and than, at last :) I will pul the trigger.
A well thought desision hahahaha.

I have never ever seen a Gen too.

Cheers

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14

Thanks for the comparison. The lighting captures the true color of the dial perfectly in this photo. I'm not sure how to accurately describe it but I still think they need to add a touch of the "turquoise/greenish" gradient. From what I've seen in the flesh both versions of the gen still project the "turquoise/greenish" hue when the light reflects the dial where as the V1 and V2 still looks somewhat purple. But overall I think that is an excellent rep!

I was able to capture it on my old MK V5 at the right angle/lighting to show you what I mean.

48329831381_488b279c8c_h.jpg

Last edited: