• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
i get your point but why are TDs sending v1s when customers order v2? it doesnt matter if the customer cant tell the difference, they paid for a v2 and should be given that.

unethical practices continue from our TDs and we cant continue to accept it as a normal.

Say ethics again when it comes to reps... ;)

TD send V1 dials instead of V2 dials because there is no professional PP expert in the QC Department and everything has to go very fast.

If you accepted the dial no TD is to blame. Like already said - this is what QCs are for.

Reactions: stufuse and uphoto

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
i get your point but why are TDs sending v1s when customers order v2? it doesnt matter if the customer cant tell the difference, they paid for a v2 and should be given that.

unethical practices continue from our TDs and we cant continue to accept it as a normal.

I agree, but there appears to be zero interest from those with the power to change that (Col/Senior admin) to address it. It's been an issue for ages. Look at the countless threads we've got on how to identify a v2 bracelet from a v1 bracelet or a v6 dial from a v5 or whatever it is. We have those threads because there are those TDs that repeatedly try and dump old stock on us. I'm still relatively new to all this, a couple of years, but since I've been here it seems to be the norm (for some TDs).

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So is it the TDs or PPF that is switching V1s for V2s? Normally a TD orders a customers watch from the factory as soon as payment is received. Some TDs do have a stock of their own of fast moving watches, I don't know if this includes the PPF v1 and v2 models.

I agree that customers should get what they order, but it is also the customer's responsibility to verify that by the QC pictures they're provided. If in doubt they should ask for more pictures.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I agree, but there appears to be zero interest from those with the power to change that (Col/Senior admin) to address it. It's been an issue for ages. Look at the countless threads we've got on how to identify a v2 bracelet from a v1 bracelet or a v6 dial from a v5 or whatever it is. We have those threads because there are those TDs that repeatedly try and dump old stock on us. I'm still relatively new to all this, a couple of years, but since I've been here it seems to be the norm (for some TDs).

While I agree on the principle, I have another view on it, from the staff point of view, the most thing people can directly solve with their dealer (with the help of the forum members in such threads) the better it is for us.
In any case if a dealer where to disagree with a request, a Help Desk ticket with enough documentation to back the claim up would have to be open and something would be done without any doubt.

I truly think most of the time, TD gets duped by either factory or wholesaler when fetching a very, very close model like PPF v1 & v2, maybe even the wholesaler or the guy at the factory mistaken (I don't say they don't do it on purpose, but could also be a simple careless mistake)

If staff don't do anything about it, it's because it's a non-issue, it doesn't happen often, if it happens and people don't notice, there's nothing to do about it and also, don't forget that while most of the experienced forum members detect those situations and deal with them accordingly, there's also the legion of new members and bland idiots that will nitpick on QC and post ridiculous claims (like one of those recently on RWG about the exact same issue).
If we start going after TDs because of those...

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Perhaps I'm just more cynical than you. All I know it's Mary's never given me the wrong watch, yet certain TDs are always giving people the wrong watch. I guess some TDs are just unlucky? But it seems that it's always the big TDs, perhaps the ones that hold more stock and so get caught out when demand for an outdated version plummets?

Reactions: SuperLory and csthe

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I've just re-read my post #282 and I see it could be read as criticising those in authoritah. I didn't mean it that way. I think there needs to be individual responsibility, that's the whole point of QC pics, but my point is there's fuck all we, as ordinary members, can do about it; only Col/The Forum could force those TDs that do take the piss to sharpen up their act a bit.

Reactions: Gbernardi

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I've just re-read my post #282 and I see it could be read as criticising those in authoritah. I didn't mean it that way. I think there needs to be individual responsibility, that's the whole point of QC pics, but my point is there's fuck all we, as ordinary members, can do about it; only Col/The Forum could force those TDs that do take the piss to sharpen up their act a bit.

I didn't read it that way, so no harm done, in my opinion.

Maybe you're a bit more cynical, but I think you are generalising a rare issue, I don't see those type of post that often. I do see them from time to time but linking them to big TDs only would be forgetting that you are most likely to see issues and problems with them because they handle a lot more newbies purchase and sales in general

I just wanted to share the fact that in any event, if someone is unsure that's a valid QC post reason and if the TD don't want to act accordingly, it's also a valid reason to seek help.

Staff will get all the fact and evidence, more than often you can see that the buyer didn't specify version, was unclear in his email or things like that

PS : Mary is a legend, she is not to be doubted ! :lol:

mottykytu

4/6/13
I didn't read it that way, so no harm done, in my opinion.

Maybe you're a bit more cynical, but I think you are generalising a rare issue, I don't see those type of post that often. I do see them from time to time but linking them to big TDs only would be forgetting that you are most likely to see issues and problems with them because they handle a lot more newbies purchase and sales in general

I just wanted to share the fact that in any event, if someone is unsure that's a valid QC post reason and if the TD don't want to act accordingly, it's also a valid reason to seek help.

Staff will get all the fact and evidence, more than often you can see that the buyer didn't specify version, was unclear in his email or things like that

PS : Mary is a legend, she is not to be doubted ! :lol:

Since Posting QC pics is prohibited in our forum ( when asking other members to looking for flaws), And even if they do, the light quality in QC pics is so bad cannot see the dial colour well (If it is right and we deny it we are very guilty to the TD)

Do you have any recommend for new member to prevent having this V1 vs V2 Issues in the future?

thanks you alot

Tobel

6/7/17
Since Posting QC pics is prohibited in our forum ( when asking other members to looking for flaws), And even if they do, the light quality in QC pics is so bad cannot see the dial colour well (If it is right and we deny it we are very guilty to the TD)

Do you have any recommend for new member to prevent having this V1 vs V2 Issues in the future?

thanks you alot

Posting QC pics to check a valid concern is not forbidden, and neither is asking a TD for additional pics in better lighting conditions

Reactions: Glaude

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
V1 and v2 can be differentiated by my 5 years old daughter how different they are; if you cannot, does it matter knowing it ? You are just “spamming” imho

Reactions: ScuderiaPT

Scandalloman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18
Ordered V2 like a week ago and still no QC...there must be big demand for this watch.

obbstagarms

23/3/18
I ordered from puretime last Sat and Elena told me that they were sold out so have to wait for a new batch for 1-2 weeks.

Scandalloman

6/3/18
Just received my QC pics for PPF 5711 Blue V2. All look good to me except:
  1. The crown seems to protrude too much. I know PPF's crown is big but didn't think it was that big.
  2. Do you think this is a V2 blue? It seems more gray to me than blue.
More pics:
https://imgur.com/a/AGWk22z

VT2B3F.md.jpg

Who was your TD? Glad to see you’re getting a V2, looks like several people ordering V2s are receiving V1s

Azwethinkweiz28

Horology Curious
17/10/10
Don’t pretend it’s legit then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Not planning to, but I’d rather just avoid any conversation regarding it at all. It’s always uncomfortable talking with gawkers at the office about my gens. Maybe it’s a personal thing. Anyone else like to enjoy watches, but have them go unnoticed?

WatchCool90210

20/1/17
I agree. Not planning to, but I’d rather just avoid any conversation regarding it at all. It’s always uncomfortable talking with gawkers at the office about my gens. Maybe it’s a personal thing. Anyone else like to enjoy watches, but have them go unnoticed?

i am the same way.

i loathe conversations about anything materialistic; super tacky to me.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Finally some real life lighting pictures occur.

Keep them coming ladies and gentlemen!

dreK At first glance your watch looks gorgeous!