• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
This dial is looking better. But the gen has a greenish blue hue to it. This V2 grey has a purple tint to it from pics I’m seeing.

Reactions: Mr.Marbella

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
This dial is looking better. But the gen has a greenish blue hue to it. This V2 grey has a purple tint to it from pics I’m seeing.

+1 I think mkf is still the best dial available at the moment.

Waiting for you to finish the mod as I will be doing the same if it works out fine.

Reactions: gilrob

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12

Waiting for you to finish the mod as I will be doing the same if it works out fine.

Agreed. Waiting on DWO. Hopefully a couple weeks and will post pics.

Reactions: gilrob

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

The MKFs date window is just wrong though? It’s what really lets the dial down in my opinion

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
The MKFs date window is just wrong though? It’s what really lets the dial down in my opinion

Yes I know..dw cut position is wrong but lets just wait and see how the dial looks in the pf case.

If the numbers on the new mkf bionone/spongebob dw are all centered I can live with it.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Honestly from the video it doesn't look purple at all, I'm really looking forward to seeing real pics in natural light

Reactions: Nivka

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Just put in an order for mine - I can live with the fatter bezel and crown. They seem like things that I would only notice if I see a gen next to it, plus I don't see PPF updating this in the near future. The dial isn't 1:1 to gen but it still looks gorgeous to me and I can settle for 8.5:1.

The dial color looks hard to discern in alot of the QC pics so I went with Tim since he does videos from what I hear - super smooth transaction so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: thumbsarehandy

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12
Just put in an order for mine - I can live with the fatter bezel and crown. They seem like things that I would only notice if I see a gen next to it, plus I don't see PPF updating this in the near future. The dial isn't 1:1 to gen but it still looks gorgeous to me and I can settle for 8.5:1.

The dial color looks hard to discern in alot of the QC pics so I went with Tim since he does videos from what I hear - super smooth transaction so far.

Did you order from Puretime?

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Nah the whole bitcoin payment thing was a dealbreaker for me, and I heard CC wasn't working at the time. I went with Tim/Watchfinder who everyone tells me good things about.

Puretime offers 8% on bitcoin payments. For me it was the opposite of a deal breaker lol
My last two purchases were from puretime and I couldn‘t be happier. QC pictures are of superb quality compared to a few other TDs and Elena from QC department is super calm if you reject a watch. Also shipping was crazy fast.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Puretime offers 8% on bitcoin payments. For me it was the opposite of a deal breaker lol
My last two purchases were from puretime and I couldn‘t be happier. QC pictures are of superb quality compared to a few other TDs and Elena from QC department is super calm if you reject a watch. Also shipping was crazy fast.

Yeah I'm sure the experience on Puretime is great, I'm just personally adverse to using crypto since it isn't something I've ever touched before. I used TransferWise which was super easy and fast and got a discount for using.

pablok

Horology Curious
17/8/18
Hi. I would just like to get some feedback from owners of this model (5711 PPF V2). I am a recent member of this site so I apologize if this is the wrong place to bring this issue.

I recently acquired this model and I am overall very happy with it (as I previously reported). However I just noticed an issue that I hadn't noticed before. I have been wearing my watch everyday since I had it, and I noticed that every three days the watch runs out of juice. I first attributed this to my not moving my arm enough and the fact that the modifications made on the Miyota 9015 must have made the winding mechanism more inefficient. However I tried to wear it more actively and the problem persists.

On a closer inspection through the caseback there doesn't seem to be any obvious problem. The rotor seems attached to the mainspring, it does not freewheel, in fact it seems to be winding in the clockwise direction, as expected. However I also noticed that this model is significantty quieter than other 9015 reps, and this seems to be due to the fact that the rotor does not freewheel when spun in the counterclockwise direction. It looks as if the rotor is attached to the spring in both directions. It look as if the rotor winds the spring in the clockwise direction and UNWINDS it in the counterclockwise direction. Which leads me to suspect that PPF did something that quieted the rotor and made it behave like the gen on a superficial examination, but unfortunately this modification also made the automatic winding useless!!! So my watch would need to be manually wound through its fragile feeling crown every couple of days (?) or modified by a professional. I personally would prefer in this case a noisy rotor but a watch that is automatic as a 5711 should be !

I would be very grateful if soumeone could provide some feedback on this observation. Thank you all.

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13
Hi. I would just like to get some feedback from owners of this model (5711 PPF V2). I am a recent member of this site so I apologize if this is the wrong place to bring this issue.

I recently acquired this model and I am overall very happy with it (as I previously reported). However I just noticed an issue that I hadn't noticed before. I have been wearing my watch everyday since I had it, and I noticed that every three days the watch runs out of juice. I first attributed this to my not moving my arm enough and the fact that the modifications made on the Miyota 9015 must have made the winding mechanism more inefficient. However I tried to wear it more actively and the problem persists.

On a closer inspection through the caseback there doesn't seem to be any obvious problem. The rotor seems attached to the mainspring, it does not freewheel, in fact it seems to be winding in the clockwise direction, as expected. However I also noticed that this model is significantty quieter than other 9015 reps, and this seems to be due to the fact that the rotor does not freewheel when spun in the counterclockwise direction. It looks as if the rotor is attached to the spring in both directions. It look as if the rotor winds the spring in the clockwise direction and UNWINDS it in the counterclockwise direction. Which leads me to suspect that PPF did something that quieted the rotor and made it behave like the gen on a superficial examination, but unfortunately this modification also made the automatic winding useless!!! So my watch would need to be manually wound through its fragile feeling crown every couple of days (?) or modified by a professional. I personally would prefer in this case a noisy rotor but a watch that is automatic as a 5711 should be !

I would be very grateful if soumeone could provide some feedback on this observation. Thank you all.

actually I have a White dial PPF 5711

At first when it arrived the Movement cannot run at all, but after a service it run very well

Now I can be sure that if I wear it everyday same as you, it will probably keep run through and not out of juice. (but my is the PPF White, do not know much about the PPF V2 or if they did anything on the new movement)

May be you should bring the watch to your local watch-smith to see if there are any damages on the movement during Shipping.

Reactions: pablok

pablok

Horology Curious
17/8/18
actually I have a White dial PPF 5711

At first when it arrived the Movement cannot run at all, but after a service it run very well

Now I can be sure that if I wear it everyday same as you, it will probably keep run through and not out of juice. (but my is the PPF White, do not know much about the PPF V2 or if they did anything on the new movement)

May be you should bring the watch to your local watch-smith to see if there are any damages on the movement during Shipping.

Thank you. Actually what I have is the white dial. I got confused, because my watch is very recent and they seem to have corrected the issue with the clasp, so I thought V2 referred to this improvement.

mottykytu

4/6/13
Thank you. Actually what I have is the white dial. I got confused, because my watch is very recent and they seem to have corrected the issue with the clasp, so I thought V2 referred to this improvement.

mostly what the V2 mentioned here was about the Blue Dial V2

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

V2 is only for the blue dial (so far) and seems to be limited to a closer to gen color

Nessuno

Horology Curious
17/6/19
I received my PFF V2 yesterday, and I took a few photos of it. The photos are in natural lighting, taken wth an iPhone x, and I haven't edited any of the photos.

Apologies for the random backgrounds, I was hunting around for the best natural lighting

Image%202019-07-02%20at%2012.17.24%20pm.png

Image%202019-07-02%20at%2012.16.52%20pm.png

Image%202019-07-02%20at%2012.16.15%20pm.png

For all the photos except below, I don't believe I had the crown screwed in as tightly as it should have been. I intentionally took the photo below to show the crown size (with it screwed in as tightly as seemed safe)

Image%202019-07-02%20at%2012.15.35%20pm.png

Image%202019-07-02%20at%2012.15.11%20pm.png

Edit:

And a crappy shot showing the lume

Image%202019-07-02%20at%2012.16.00%20pm.png

Last edited: