• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
Surely its better having a better appearance of the watch mate by doing a hybrid? No one's going to see the movement lol

Actually just seen a PPF white dial on a PF watch and it looked stunning. Fantastic rep! Might actually be convinced to mix the two now. Im going to wait to see the blue dial hybrid before I make my decision.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
It certainly looks like building a hybrid of the 5711 is a growing trend. There is no clear cut best rep of the 5711, so folks are putting together of what they perceive as the best parts from the various makers, to create their own unique version.

FGM

Looking Around
1/1/19
Guys, just got my QC pictures for the new PPF v2. However, i am not sure if its really the V2 because it looks too grey like the PPF grey. I know the forum rules of not posting QC pictures without accepting it, but this dial color is really confusing me. I need a confirmation from you folks. It does look like the V2 at a certain angle but i just want to be 100% sure. Sorry in advance if i have posted anything wrong :)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It's hard to tell, I would ask your TD for a pic with direct light on the dial to see whether it looks blue.

BTW is it me or does the DW seem less thin, more gen like?

fischyyyy

Horology Curious
2/6/19

Same problem here, I asked for a v2 blue dial and this is what I got. It looks even more grey to me than FGM's watch, is this even the blue dial?
I asked for a picture with direct light.

Reactions: Tobel

BIONONE

28/4/17
It's hard to tell, I would ask your TD for a pic with direct light on the dial to see whether it looks blue.

BTW is it me or does the DW seem less thin, more gen like?

DW looks updated just like on the latest batch for the white dial. The improve in silence - i like their flow compared to other makers - just mention how many attempts it took to get some half decent 15400 etc.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

Same problem here, I asked for a v2 blue dial and this is what I got. It looks even more grey to me than FGM's watch, is this even the blue dial?
I asked for a picture with direct light.

Use my post to guide you as mine is definitely the c2 Blue

fischyyyy

Horology Curious
2/6/19
Use my post to guide you as mine is definitely the c2 Blue

Thanks, to my untrained Nautilus eyes (I had an Aquanaut years ago but didn't like it) it does look quite similar to yours.
But you pictures are much nicer and higher resolution than dealer QC.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Thanks, to my untrained Nautilus eyes (I had an Aquanaut years ago but didn't like it) it does look quite similar to yours.
But you pictures are much nicer and higher resolution than dealer QC.

I’d say I’m 70% yours is blue as I feel grey would show up almost black in QC

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Guys, just got my QC pictures for the new PPF v2. However, i am not sure if its really the V2 because it looks too grey like the PPF grey. I know the forum rules of not posting QC pictures without accepting it, but this dial color is really confusing me. I need a confirmation from you folks. It does look like the V2 at a certain angle but i just want to be 100% sure. Sorry in advance if i have posted anything wrong :)

Dial is like gen!!! Beautiful!!!

But bezel and crown are orrible!

Reactions: gilrob

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
it is beautiful and much better than previous blue from other factory

but Like Gen? I doubt it...!

I agree, there is a lot of "buzz" around this V2, I'm not sure it is as good as it seems...

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I agree, there is a lot of "buzz" around this V2, I'm not sure it is as good as it seems...

I think we all have to look at it relatively? Is the dial perfect? Far from it. But compared to the other dials on offer it is 100x better and looks very like one of the variations of gen dial with its grey tones. Just missing the black fading towards the edges.

Reactions: csthe

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I think we all have to look at it relatively? Is the dial perfect? Far from it. But compared to the other dials on offer it is 100x better and looks very like one of the variations of gen dial with its grey tones. Just missing the black fading towards the edges.

We need to see it in natural light

Akra

11/1/17
Something about a wide bezel.
80c47dbea324ceedcafba6966505a484.jpg

mottykytu

4/6/13

that's Dial greentint look so hard to cop, just hope the PPF get 90% the colour
btw, the bezel is not really noitceable in real life so that don't bother me much but the Crown...

kudos

18/2/14
Does anyone know if there is a way to mix parts to get the best crown height, doesn't have to be perfect just a little less obvious?

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Does anyone know if there is a way to mix parts to get the best crown height, doesn't have to be perfect just a little less obvious?

Please read the thread. There are multiple comments addressing this. Namely, you will need to PF and PPF to create a hybrid. PF Case, Bracelet, Crown; PPF Dial and Hands.